“Nightmare!!”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Grimsby
North east Lincolnshire
“Nightmare!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I'm local to Grimsby and organised a party for my friends to attend all from the UK I had 9-10 guests staying in this hotel.. The party was a joint 2nd birthday party for our children so we pre warned the hotel with phone calls and even a visit from myself about the need of travel cots.

The night before the party my friend arrived from Belgium with her newborn and two year old... and not one single cot in the room after we asked and asked for months and weeks. . So being local I was the one running round trying to sort it so she wasn't stressed after a journey from hell to Grimsby.

I again warned about the urgency for cots for the next morning as the receptionist informed us the hotel only had 3 cots for everyone..

Talking direct to the hotel I was left to find a job lot of cots as they couldn't do anymore. Apparently. So obviously more than stressed and frustrated I called the complaints team direct and within a hour they hotel magically found more. And it was ok. The area manager called me and tried to resolve things. Everyone was given a complimentary breakfast. And we've been offered the same again when our group next books with a discount on the booking.

I'm still dealing with the area manager as my travel cot is not the one I brought to the hotel.

On the whole we I us were left in the lurch and with egg on my face the grimsby branch of premier in was a bit of a joke if I'm honest.

• Stayed August 2014
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Grimsby Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing. Your experience was far below our usual high standards, but please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I recently stayed at this Premier Inn with my mother and 2 young children. We booked a family at a very reasonable rate for 4 nights . Upon arrival the receptionist was very pleasant and happy to help with any queries that we had, the relevant information was given in a timely manner. My children were made to fell very welcome. The room was cleaned daily, with new towels replaced daily and linen every 2 days. The room was well insulated so the road noise did not interfere with our good nights sleep. The attached restaurant was a friendly place to go with a park and indoor play area for the children.

I would recommend this Premier Inn 100%

Rotherham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

we have just been for two nights a lovely little hotel,staff were lovely room was lovely and clean, we have 2 children and I loved the fact they had separate beds and there were still lots of room to move round,lovely big tv and restaurant next door was nice as well with lovely meals nothing was too much trouble would def be going back

2 Thank gabhan_12
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

The hotel and attached restaurant are ok but don't rely on the wifi for anything it was awful.
The staff were uninterested when we complained and said we could only use one device at a time!!!(this is 2014 isn't it??)
Overall not bad but I doubt I'll rush out and book into a premier inn anytime soon.

darlington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We recently stayed at the Premier Inn Grimsby. This hotel is the perfect base for visiting Cleethorpes, Skegness etc. the hotel is very nice and clean and the staff made sure our every need was tended to to ensure a great stay. Breakfast was really nice too. Thank you premier Inn Grimsby for a great few days away.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

- Great staff
- Bed a bit softer than we would have liked
- A fan was provided, but the room was still too hot
- Brewers Fayre with kids play area attached is great
- All areas of the hotel were clean

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

In regard to room cleanliness, size, presentation, etc. of this Premier Inn I have no complaints and with the Summer months a stand up electric fan is provided. However I found this to be useless in keeping the room cooled to a temperature condusive to a good nights sleep. Even with the window open, the fan just managed to push warm air around the room. The thermostat in the room indicated a steady temperature of 25.5 C! Why do Premier Inn's not include air conditioning - or units that can both cool or heat a room? The building is obviously very efficient in keeping heat in, but no consideration for the opposite!

Breakfast at the Brewers Fayre was very good and great value for two adults and two children.

Staff are friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: In Summer maybe the bottom floor rooms are better to avoid rising heat. Also if you have heavy lugga...