“Not disappointed”
Review of The Beeches Hotel

The Beeches Hotel
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Grimsby
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Booked to stay one night while travelling on business, mainly because of good Trip Advisor reviews. My double room for single occupancy was large, clean and well decorated - shower/WC was a bit cramped, but could not find fault with anything except one of the bedside lamps wouldn't work . Dined in the brasserie restaurant; there was an upmarket dinner menu, but they also offered their lunchtime menu which was more plain and simple. I ate from that and the food was excellent. Nice touches - fresh flowers, bread and iced water on the table - why can't all restaurants manage that? Cooked breakfast was very good with plenty of choice.
Just one snag that I discovered when trying to do some e-mailing before leaving - the free in-room wi-fi connection is erratic and slow. I would definitely use the The Beeches again; hopefully when I do they will have sorted the wi-fi.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Stephen H

Reviewed 13 June 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights from 8th June and would recommend this Hotel to anyone staying in the Grimsby / Cleethorpes area. Easy access to both areas and located in a quiet area of the Town. Ample parking with security cameras located to overlook the outside and also numerous cameras located in the building, (which did make you feel as though you were a contestant on Big Brother).
The food served in the restaurant was superb and for people who know me, that is a term that I very rarely use when eating out as I'm very critical. Price was fair for the quality of food and the wine list was equally enjoyable with a good selection of various new and old world wines which were also fairly priced.
The room we stayed in was comfortable and clean, just as expected.
Would I stay here again?
Yes, without doubt.

Room Tip: Handy to have a ground floor if you are a smoker for access to outside.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank G4SBZ
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I actually did stay at this hotel over the weekend - (finding that some reviews on here are just not honest!!! )

I had room service meal as the restaurant was so busy but the meal taken in the room was fabulous.

The lady working on saturday evening was super and my check out experience on the sunday was great - efficient, helpful and super friendly.

Both my partner and myself will be back.

Room Tip: We stayed in a twin - very big and great bathroom
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank aaaee
Reviewed 5 May 2012

We go to beeches restaurant several times a year and for many years and I still think its the best food in the Grimsby area.
The restaurant itself is not cosy but the food for me more than makes up for it

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank beachbabes4
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel is very efficient and well run, and with a very friendly set of staff. We were going to a wedding and asked if we could use our room earlier than the proper time for checking in to get changed - the hotel obliged with no hassle, so we were very impressed after a 2.5 hour car journey. I had a problem with noise in an adjacent room, and the night staff dealt with this quickly, efficiently and with no stress.

The rooms are very well equipped and huge ! Very modern decor. We were very impressed at the quality of the accommodation for the price. The location is good as near to town and there is plenty of parking.

The breakfast was served quickly, efficiently and very tasty - and in their conservatory which was light and bright. So were the staff.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone

Room Tip: The double room was huge and a very good sized bathroom. I was a single person but in a smaller dou...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank madmichyLondon
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We have just had a very enjoyable stay here. We were warmly welcomed at reception by very pleasant staff.
Our room was comfortable and a good size - comfy bed, well stocked hospitality tray; clean and bright en suite shower room; free wi-fi; all just as we would wish it to be.
We were a party of nine at dinner in the evening. The menu was modern and inventive without being whacky! - and the food was delicious. My pudding of white chocolate and toffee cheesecake with chocolate chip icecream was amazing!! The staff were attentive but not overbearing and one small mistake was dealt with quietly and efficiently.
Overall, an excellent stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Elizabeth M
Reviewed 3 February 2012

first the hot-this hotel is convieniantly situated in a pleasant suberb between grimsby and cleethorpes 5-10 minute drive to either
the reception and public areas are spotless lovely intimate resteraunt and a pleasant conservatory for breakfast leading to a outside patio very useful on summer evenings and if you fancy a smoke
rooms are ok nothing special but again spotlessly clean
now for the cold- dinner looked really promising after a delicous starter of duck and liver pate fabulous
then for my main course i chose steak and kidney pie which should have been called kidney and steak pie as it was full of kidneys and just a small amout of steak although it was served hot with a nice pastry
probably made a bad choice as there were many other dishes on the varied menu
sweets also looked good but i was full up
the main issue was there was no heat on in my room reported it to thereceptionist who told me it would come on at 6pm by the time i came down for dinner 8 pm still no heat (coldest night of the year so far
)did not help matters reported agin to the receptionst who was now serving the meals in the resteraunt asking very discreetly to check out the heat in the room again nothing happerned by the time i finished dinner and had a walk to get some sea air i has too tired to bother complaining again
when it came to checking out mentioned it to the new receptionist who as usual said every other room was ok but i will tell the owner
after breakfast i was given a envelope with a credit of £20 which was appreciated but still no member of the staff or the owner was prepared to ackowlege that the heating was not on in my room a bit like as insurance company paying your claim without admitting liability
get your heating right more steak in the pie and be honest with your customers and you will have a first class hotel
straw bear