The Beeches Hotel
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Grimsby
Reviewed 16 March 2014

7th March 2014 was the tenth anniversary of my husband and I meeting - he secretly arranged a little party of 14 family and friends to surprize me - the evening was a fantastic success thanks to the lovely staff (including Richard the manager who was very helpful with the arrangements my husband said) at The Beeches, who couldn't do enough for us, the fantastic food (the steaks are really good! My friend is a butcher and she wanted to know where they had got them from they were so good, and cooked just as ordered) We had a great deal on the room, with champagne, lots of chocolates and flowers. Breakfast was delivered to our room and was really lovely too. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 March 2014

The hotel is a lovely, welcoming place and the staff were fantastic. As a single traveller I felt totally looked after and put at ease. The bar and restaurant have a great atmosphere and the food was delicious. Thank you to everyone!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Reception staff were not present on most occasions when we went to the reception area which meant some waiting time whilst they came to deal with us, a bell on the desk would have been helpful. This was not greatly inconvenient but was a bit of nuisance but once they came reception was friendly . The room was smaller than we were used to but had all mod cons and was clean and well maintained. The breakfast is worthy of comment as it was freshly prepared with local ingredients. Would stay again

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank colin g
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stopped here in January on business. Very professional manager (Richard) - who I believe is relatively new to this hotel - has taken on the challenge to elevate the Beeches to where it should be (and apparently was several years ago).

Things are 'in progress' here with enhancements to both the hotel and its staff / services and with this in mind there's not a lot wrong with the place. The food could be better, but it's more than acceptable. The bar area needs more selection, again - not that it's terribly short and the breakfasts could do with being a bit more substantial - but you can always fill up on cereal if (like me) you're a bit of a hungry horace of a morning.

For the setting, the service and knowledge that it's only going to get better, it's a place I'll be stopping at again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2014

me and my fiancée do not regularly visit nice places to enjoy a meal. This one exception we visited the beeches for a dinner to celebrate our anniversary. As we sat and waited for our table to be shown to us we were asked with brilliant service if we would like a drink which was very pleasant. As we sat and ordered our food there wasn't very many options on the menu , but they all looked scrumptious as I enquired about the duck they told me they never had any. This wasn't a main issue as we ordered the steak and the loin of lamb , they also told me that they had no chips for the steak which was disappointing and made me feel like there chips wasn't fresh but they offered us new potatoes and a blue cheese sauce. When the food had arrived it was still hot and amazingly presented the steak was beautiful and the loin of lamb and the port jus was absolutely divine. we also had desert and that was brilliantly presented and tasted divine. All in all me and my fiancé of the second class found this restaurant to have very pleasant staff beautiful food and also acceptance of all type of people so I would and have recommended this restaurant/hotel to others around me thankyou.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We used to visit The Beeches regularly and held a couple of enjoyable family get togethers there. After a gap of about a year we returned in December to find things had changed for the worse. One of our rooms had a filthy carpet, and the bathroom lights didn't work ( several recessed lights - but o ly one bulb working).The restaurant had previously been a treat, food was now poor with poor service to match. As we were visiting for a family funeral we chose not to make a fuss and assumed it was a one off. Have now returned in February - after checking in I got to the room to find it still being cleaned, unfortunately it was later clear that this hadn't included hoovering so I was treated to the previous occupants food crumbs on the floor. I asked for the room to be hoovered but no joy. I also had to ask more than once for the heating to be switched on. One of my co travellers had eaten in the restaurant the previous evening - as a result we went to the local pub... There appears to one member of staff on duty at any one time covering everything and standards have fallen drastically. I was given a discount as a result of the room not getting hoovered at all - nice gesture but I 'd prefer a carpet that didn't crunch!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Birthdaygirll
Manager867, Manager at The Beeches Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Dear Guest,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologise for not exceeding your expectations on this occasion. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for patrons in the future.

We do take your feedback very seriously and hope that you will return to the venue again so that we can provide the superior experience that you expect.

If you require anything further then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Richard Montague

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stay here at The Beeches Hotel every week and I have never stayed anywhere else within this country as clean and exquisite as here.
The management and staff make you feel very welcome from the moment you walk in the door and a from the first glance at the décor, you know your in a quality establishment.
The restaurant is excellently laid out with a small bar and a lounge area where you can just relax and read or socialise with friends.
The rooms are very clean and very welcoming with modern decoration and amenities.

If you like your rooms clean, food great and hospitality rewarding I would highly recommend The Beeches Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business