“Very friendly helpful staff. Delicious food and clean rooms .”
Review of The Beeches Hotel

The Beeches Hotel
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Grimsby
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Stayed here for four weeks and was my first time working away from home the staff made me feel at home and went out of their way to ensure we all had a pleasant stay . There is molly who catered for our every needs and always greeted us with a smile and Chris, Lauren , Darryl all made us feel comfortable and went well out of their way for us on several occasions even preparing an Indian curry night and a Mexican night . And a chef called many came in early to prepare our breakfasts and cooked our speciality night on her own so a big thank you to the staff at the beeches I will definatly be coming back with my family for a holiday

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Party of 12 pormised fantastic food and fantastic evening but turned out to be poor food and even poorer service. Chef could not manage steak and chips!! Manager apologised profusely and promised recompense but again an empty promise and no delivery!! Used to be our favourite restsaurant but Twelve diners will not be vernturing back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My friend and I took advantage of a half price coupon printed in local paper (two dine for £8 instead of £16) to take afternoon tea at The Beeches Hotel. Well I am glad we did not pay full price for what was a disappointing afternoon. No choice was given to sandwich fillings ( I don't like egg and my friend didn't like tuna, so we had to have each other's share) and the third finger was cheese and raw onion (I don't like raw onion so had to pick it out). The cakes were a little dry and again no choice asked. Scones were quite large as were the cake portions. I think smaller squares of cakes would have been better. We noticed other tables had different sandwich fillings/cakes to us (so clearly not a case of only set things available). The china service has seen better days. All mismatched and my cup even had a crack running the full length which my tea began to seep through. Will not be returning sadly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank GeminiDragonfly77
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

This could be a lovely place but not only is it over priced (£80 a night) the rooms although clean were of very poor quality and the carpets EXTREMELY stained. Wonderful staff but the food was also not good enough to warrant the upmarket price!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Ruth_Locket
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

First visit to the Beeches for Sunday lunch, food and service was excellent. The staff were so friendly and made us feel very welcome. We will certainly go again and we would also recommend it to friends.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Stayed here on the 26th march 2014 after being recommended by several colleagues that had previously stayed here and wished I hadn't. I was put in a room where the TV Ariel did not work when I went to reception to inform them I was told that they was aware of this issue last week !. I was then moved into another room and was not impressed with my findings, the room smelt of stale body odour and the window was open probably to get rid of the smell. The bed also looked like it not had been changed as this also smelt. The floor was dirty and had remnants of confetti from a 50th birthday party and other dirt on the carpet, the toilet had not been cleaned around the top of the pan from the last occupants !!. I was informed that breakfast was to be served from 7am but when I went to dine the reception was all in darkness and I could not check out till 7.20 when someone eventually turned up, needless to say I skipped breakfast as was not sure how long I would have to wait for it. All in all not impressed with my experience and totally disappointed with my stay at the beeches.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Alex M
Manager867, General Manager at The Beeches Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Guest,

On behalf of our entire team at The Beeches Hotel, I would like to apologies for not exceeding your expectations on this occasion. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for patrons in the future.

We do take your feedback very seriously and hope that you will return to the venue again so that we can provide the superior experience that you expect.

If you require anything further then please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind regards,

Richard Montague

Reviewed 16 March 2014

7th March 2014 was the tenth anniversary of my husband and I meeting - he secretly arranged a little party of 14 family and friends to surprize me - the evening was a fantastic success thanks to the lovely staff (including Richard the manager who was very helpful with the arrangements my husband said) at The Beeches, who couldn't do enough for us, the fantastic food (the steaks are really good! My friend is a butcher and she wanted to know where they had got them from they were so good, and cooked just as ordered) We had a great deal on the room, with champagne, lots of chocolates and flowers. Breakfast was delivered to our room and was really lovely too. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends