“Really poor customer service”
Review of The Beeches Hotel

and 1 more site!
The Beeches Hotel
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Grimsby
lincolnshire, uk
“Really poor customer service”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The last time we went for a meal we were greeted by the manager Richard, who couldn't do enough for us to ensure we enjoyed our meal. Sadly he is no longer there and the standard of customer service is much reduced. What a shame!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank 10caz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Kent
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights to attend a wedding nearby. We chose the deluxe option for the room which meant we had a really large space with dual aspect and the bathroom had a window too (which meant it was nice and bright!). The decor is nice enough, the bed was comfortable, plenty of wardrobe space and tea/coffee making facilities all good. Breakfast both mornings was very nice and the service all very jolly. Couldn't really fault it as a nice local hotel.

Room Tip: I'd go for the larger room - only £10 more at the time I booked.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014

After receiving a 3 course meal voucher for my birthday for the beeches i was quite looking forward to it, and how disappointed i was. We thought we would get their early on the sunday around 12ish to be precise. My partner and i ordered chicken and bacon salad to start with which was pretty bland and not much going on their. I then ordered chicken supreme or not so supreme as it turned out, dry and over cooked. My partner got the small rack of lamb in her own words it was chewy and well over cooked(probably not fresh or last nights left overs).We got the most basic of vegetables as our side dishes.I over heard someone else order the lamb only to be told they had sold out lol obviously only had the 1 to begin with.Lastly thank god we had lemon meringue tart which was very poor,it was if my 4 year old grandson and been drafted in to make them.I feel i have room to speak has my family have a very successful restaurant within the area. In my opinion the beeches is well overpriced the food is very very poor and would not recommend my friends or enemies for that matter to eat here. All i can say is that for my experience thankfully it was a free meal and i would never visit this place again!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank diner234

Travellers are raving about these Grimsby hotels

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Stayed here for four weeks and was my first time working away from home the staff made me feel at home and went out of their way to ensure we all had a pleasant stay . There is molly who catered for our every needs and always greeted us with a smile and Chris, Lauren , Darryl all made us feel comfortable and went well out of their way for us on several occasions even preparing an Indian curry night and a Mexican night . And a chef called many came in early to prepare our breakfasts and cooked our speciality night on her own so a big thank you to the staff at the beeches I will definatly be coming back with my family for a holiday

• Stayed May 2014
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Party of 12 pormised fantastic food and fantastic evening but turned out to be poor food and even poorer service. Chef could not manage steak and chips!! Manager apologised profusely and promised recompense but again an empty promise and no delivery!! Used to be our favourite restsaurant but Twelve diners will not be vernturing back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My friend and I took advantage of a half price coupon printed in local paper (two dine for £8 instead of £16) to take afternoon tea at The Beeches Hotel. Well I am glad we did not pay full price for what was a disappointing afternoon. No choice was given to sandwich fillings ( I don't like egg and my friend didn't like tuna, so we had to have each other's share) and the third finger was cheese and raw onion (I don't like raw onion so had to pick it out). The cakes were a little dry and again no choice asked. Scones were quite large as were the cake portions. I think smaller squares of cakes would have been better. We noticed other tables had different sandwich fillings/cakes to us (so clearly not a case of only set things available). The china service has seen better days. All mismatched and my cup even had a crack running the full length which my tea began to seep through. Will not be returning sadly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank GeminiDragonfly77
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

This could be a lovely place but not only is it over priced (£80 a night) the rooms although clean were of very poor quality and the carpets EXTREMELY stained. Wonderful staff but the food was also not good enough to warrant the upmarket price!

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Ruth_Locket
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grimsby
Humber Royal Hotel
Best Western Oaklands Hall Hotel
The St. James Hotel Grimsby
Holiday Inn Express Grimsby
The Dovedale Hotel and Restaurant

Been to The Beeches Hotel? Share your experiences!