“Surprisingly large bedrooms”
Review of Millfields Hotel

Millfields Hotel
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Grimsby
Reviewed 15 August 2013

First impressions of the reception are the hotel is rather shabby, but the rooms are of a really decent size and the bed is lovely and big. Clean and with everything you need for an overnight stay. Shame the view is of the car park, but I guess I would be asking for too much.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Grandmahinkley

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Easy to find and just outside the town centre but in a reasonably quiet spot.
Lindsey checked us in showed us to our room which was in the old coach house annex at the rear of the hotel. What a great spacious and comfortable room it was! Compared with many it was huge! Also the coach house has its own locked entrance so you can come and go as you please without having to walk through the main hotel building.
The breakfast was very good and service at all times professional and excellent.
The Bar serves a great range of beer and although busy service was quick.
If you need to visit Grimsby for any reason this is the place to stay,try it you'll not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Go for an Executive room in the coach house annex
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Stayed here for one night and found this hotel to be extremely good value for money. The room had recently been refurbished to a good standard (the only gripe being a slow running shower but that’s the case in many much more expensive hotels); the restaurant served very good food (although the room was more like a B&B breakfast room) and the busy bar had four different types of real ale which is more than many pubs have (they also had a bar menu). Breakfast is in the same room as the restaurant and was also very good with the usual fruit juices, cereals and full English (note: double room with breakfast was £25 more on-line so we booked room only and found it’s £8.50 each when we got there). All in all excellent value for money and we would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 52 has been refurbished and is on ground floor
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2013

MY daughter and I stayed at the Hotel for a visit to the Auditorium. We found the staff to be friendly and attentive, the service and the food excellent and the location just right for us. The room was large and comfortable and the breakfast excellent. Full marks!! As we did not use the pool or spa I was unable to rate these. Edwina Sleight

Room Tip: We were tucked in a corner in a downstairs room and whilst there was some noise and we could hear th...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Having stayed in the hotel for a few days I was ready to post a 4 star review, but as you can see I have rated it a 1.
On my last evening staying at the hotel I was enjoying a pleasant meal which was completely ruined by one member of staff. After being seated and practically thrown a menu, my order was taken. While enjoying my meal I was within ear shot of my waitress and her friend (another member of staff) not only was the language used foul but the subject turned my stomach. They put me in mind of a pair of fish wives, at the dock side filleting fish. My waitresses attitude and the service was completely unprofessional and ruined a very pleasant stay at the hotel
A word of warning! If your waitress has long dark hair and around 5 feet tall, ask for someone else to serve you .

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank gary o
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Pleasant accommodation (even though the room numbers are all jumbled up), good food, nice staff and a free guest gym - all within walking distance of the town centre and train station. Can't ask for much more for the price.

Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed at the hotel for one night only. Arrived early but the room was ready for access. I stayed in a family room as i wanted two single beds because i was sharing with my nephew who, in the end, could not make it. There was 3 single beds. Very light room with large window. Bathroom was a good size and the shower was at one end of the bath which was a "shower bath" with a radius glass screen and large enough for my big frame. No shaving mirror and no room safe. Very clean and tidy and fresh. I did not have time to use the facilities provided by the hotel albeit i did use the bar which was very good and the staff even attempted to make cocktails which they had not made before! The kitchen was closed by the time we returned to the hotel but the waitress made us some chips, commendable. I was from a party of 7 who traveled from the southwest of England to meet family in Cleethorpes so we asked the hotel manager if it was acceptable to invite 4 family members to have breakfast with us which, they did and the staff rearranged the breakfast tables to suit our needs. Yes, i would stay again and yes, i would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo