“Not the place for a business lunch”
Review of Millfields Hotel

Millfields Hotel
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Grimsby
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
“Not the place for a business lunch”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Having lived in Grimsby all my life, and wanting a venue with conference facilities and good reputation I booked Millfields without hesitation.
What can I say, I was extremely embarrassed about bringing my colleagues here. No coffee on arrival as per the prior request, actually took over 40 mins to get a pot and room completely inadequate setting with breakfast bits and bobs left out.

Lunch, finger prints in the bread as to squash down the roll, chicken in two meals had an iron metallic taste and when asked to take back wasn't helped by the waitresses attitude. It was as if we were causing an issue. Condiments to top it off (only looked as things were going rapidly down hill) expired.. Didn't expect the ritz just the place it used to be, clean, efficient and quality.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Ajb699

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed here when visiting Lincoln for a wedding. What a really lovely little place. Staff were really lovely, although the lady who booked us in on the reception was a little ditsy. She took our money the night we arrived then asked us to pay again, clearly not deducting our payment from our room, just glad I hadn't paid cash. Room was ample size had 1 small double and a single. Bedding was crisp and clean room was modern and very clean. Bathroom was good, nice power shower and again spotless clean. Breakfast was served with a choice of continental and full English, and was very very tasty. Good choice of facilities if you're the sporting type, with 2 squash courts and a gym. Very quiet and a good nights sleep was had

Room Tip: If you're looking for a hotel outside of a chain and you're around cleethorpes or Grimsby I...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Chatham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

First impressions of the reception are the hotel is rather shabby, but the rooms are of a really decent size and the bed is lovely and big. Clean and with everything you need for an overnight stay. Shame the view is of the car park, but I guess I would be asking for too much.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Grandmahinkley
Island of Gozo, Malta
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Easy to find and just outside the town centre but in a reasonably quiet spot.
Lindsey checked us in showed us to our room which was in the old coach house annex at the rear of the hotel. What a great spacious and comfortable room it was! Compared with many it was huge! Also the coach house has its own locked entrance so you can come and go as you please without having to walk through the main hotel building.
The breakfast was very good and service at all times professional and excellent.
The Bar serves a great range of beer and although busy service was quick.
If you need to visit Grimsby for any reason this is the place to stay,try it you'll not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Go for an Executive room in the coach house annex
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
camberley
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Stayed here for one night and found this hotel to be extremely good value for money. The room had recently been refurbished to a good standard (the only gripe being a slow running shower but that’s the case in many much more expensive hotels); the restaurant served very good food (although the room was more like a B&B breakfast room) and the busy bar had four different types of real ale which is more than many pubs have (they also had a bar menu). Breakfast is in the same room as the restaurant and was also very good with the usual fruit juices, cereals and full English (note: double room with breakfast was £25 more on-line so we booked room only and found it’s £8.50 each when we got there). All in all excellent value for money and we would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 52 has been refurbished and is on ground floor
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Boston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2013

MY daughter and I stayed at the Hotel for a visit to the Auditorium. We found the staff to be friendly and attentive, the service and the food excellent and the location just right for us. The room was large and comfortable and the breakfast excellent. Full marks!! As we did not use the pool or spa I was unable to rate these. Edwina Sleight

Room Tip: We were tucked in a corner in a downstairs room and whilst there was some noise and we could hear th...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Having stayed in the hotel for a few days I was ready to post a 4 star review, but as you can see I have rated it a 1.
On my last evening staying at the hotel I was enjoying a pleasant meal which was completely ruined by one member of staff. After being seated and practically thrown a menu, my order was taken. While enjoying my meal I was within ear shot of my waitress and her friend (another member of staff) not only was the language used foul but the subject turned my stomach. They put me in mind of a pair of fish wives, at the dock side filleting fish. My waitresses attitude and the service was completely unprofessional and ruined a very pleasant stay at the hotel
A word of warning! If your waitress has long dark hair and around 5 feet tall, ask for someone else to serve you .

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo