“Top of the shop”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Grimsby
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Top of the shop”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Had a fine one-night stay in the Rafters Suite. It's in the older main building and up three flights of stairs, so a bit of a climb if you're getting on a bit. The suite is well appointed, a little lacking in natural light (as it's in the roof-space, effectively) but very comfortable with excellent facilities. There's a little banging from the doors one level down.

The kitchens were undergoing refurbishment, so there was only a limited meals menu. The breakfast was fine and the bar snack very hot (if a little on the dear side). Service was OK. Reception friendly.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Sutton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

My Son and I stayed over last Tuesday night. We had a lovely welcome after a long drive from London. The food was lovely, it was curry night and they had run out of some of the side dishes but bearing in mind it was near 9 in the evening was not surprising, however the food was lovely. The room was a bit warm but once we turned the heating done was fine. Breakfast was great and when I asked for an extension on checking out they assisted with no problems would stay again. staff were very friendly and helpful

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Aligy
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We had our Wedding on the 1st February 2014, after the Wedding upstairs in the Ceremony Room we were welcomed with drinks in the Bar before going into the Orangery for our Wedding Buffet. The service from the warm and friendly staff was excellent and nothing was too much trouble. A special mention to Luke Daines who had only taken over the job of Restaurant Manager on the 16th January ( which did worry us slightly!). He was professional with excellent listening skills and made us feel special. If there was anything to complain about it was the man behind the Bar at the end of the night he was quite rude when we asked for more service it was 12.30am and there was about eight of us!! I found out subsequently that he is the Manager.... he could take a few tips from Luke and the other members of staff for hospitality!!

Room Tip: Don't know we had the Bridal Suite.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Wellfleet, Ma
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

I own and operate three seasonal businesses in Massachusetts. Every January I come to Grimsby to recruit students to come over and work for the summer. For my past three trips I have stayed at Millfields. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The food in the restaurant is excellent. The bar is cozy and fun. And, they have an excellent fitness room. However, the best thing Millfields has going for it is it's staff. I recognize many from previous trips. Across the board they are very friendly and will go out their way for you! I will Definately staff here in the future. PS When you are in the bar say hello to Joanne. She is a very nice young lady.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Where to start, having attended a few weddings and christenings at this beautiful hotel I can honestly say its a home from home! Having moved away from Grimsby some 5 years ago to Manchester, it really was a no brainier as to where to have my own wedding! All the staff are more like family catering for all your needs, no request too much trouble!! Food amazing as always, even when feeding 70 hungry wedding-goers!! The setting of the main dining room is comfortable and allows you to mingle with ease! Bedrooms are very comfortable and the breakfast is the best I've had in a hotel, and I've stayed in a few Radissons!! All in all if your looking for a venue for your wedding,christening or just a long overdue family meal don't hesitate to come to Millfields!!
There is no swimming pool I just got a bit click happy! Oops,,

Room Tip: Push the boat out and go for the coach house 11!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Market Rasen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013

It was our 1st time and we had the Christmas Gala Dinner. it was very good, good quality food and good service. Plates where hot and the presentation was very good. The menu was a little limited, but still good choices to be had and suits every taste buds. The ambiance wasn't awfully good, but it was a Monday night, so we brought our own entrainment to the table with our own banter and laughs. The xmas crackers where poor quality and not worth putting on the table! So, overall a good meal, with good service and not overly priced! The toilet area is really drab and suprised that its not more of a feature!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Whitby
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here while on a course at a nearby industrial estate. The service was very good from reception to the bar and resturaunt. The hotel is very clean, my room was a good size and I think the bathroom must have recently been updated and was very nice. I are in the resturaunt one night and the rib eye steak was excellent, the breakfasts were also very good. I'd stay again if I had to go to grimsby.

• Stayed November 2013