“Excellent B&B, warm welcome and friendly host”

Mizpah Villa B and B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Horncastle
Mizpah Villa B and B
Ranked #4 of 9 Horncastle B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I recently stayed at this B&B for one night before a trackday at Cadwell Park. The host (Beverley) was very friendly and welcoming, the room was nice, shower was perfect and i couldnt wish for more. The full english breakfast in the morning was a highlight - very tasty and perfectly cooked even at the early time it was requested for! Highly recommended and would stay again. Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 March 2010

A family home - you could bump into them as you go up and down the stairs. Very friendly and welcoming host. My room was fine, though no desk to work at. The lights were not very bright, so reading in bed was not so easy - we oldies need all the help we can get! Bathroom fine, plenty of room and a good, quite powerful shower. Tea, coffee, biscuits, bottled water provided, and with elegant teapot and cups AND saucers. Breakfast was very good. I am a bread fanatic and the brown bread was excellent. Try the full breakfast - all made from local produce. Lincolnshire honey too.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2008

I found this B&B through the Lincolnshire tourism website and liked it because it gave a far more reasonable price than other accommodation in Horncastle. It’s a little bit out of the centre of the town - about a ten minute walk. It has a four star rating too.
Beverly, the host, is friendly and was very helpful with information about the local area. The rooms have ample information as well on local sights, buses, restaurants and antique shops.
The room was huge and really is in the family home, with one of the children’s rooms across the hall.
I was in the twin room and the bed squeaked every time I moved. The bathroom, although small, was adequate and the shower was great. Little touches in the room, such as bottled water, mugs for tea/coffee instead of tiny little cups, the information folder were nice. The lack of a lamp at the desk was unfortunate but I lived without it.
Breakfast was very good and plentiful. I had to give Beverly the order the night before, which I wasn’t used to doing.
I struggled with the front door lock and actually left the house unlocked when I went out - sorry about that Beverly - I just couldn’t figure it out, despite her telling me how it worked.
Horncastle is a small market town with a reputation for its antique shops but the surrounding countryside is beautiful and there are loads of walking tracks as well as a section of the Viking Way walking route. There are good bus links to Lincoln, Skegness and Boston as well as a good network of local buses that you have to phone up to book. I found the townspeople and shopkeepers to be friendly and happy to chat.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank ZenTourist

Been to Mizpah Villa B and B? Share your experiences!