“Why is this B & B not 5-star Gold??”
Review of Oak House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Horncastle
Oak House
Ranked #8 of 8 Horncastle B&B and Inns
Kinross
“Why is this B & B not 5-star Gold??”
Reviewed 19 July 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of three nights at this fantastic establishment. The reception and welcome was heartwarming. The accommodation was immaculate, comfortable with every eventuality catered for. The decor was most tasteful without being fussy and we loved the real wood furniture which gave a sense of tradition and well-being. The breakfast was something to die for and satisfied every taste. My better half had the porridge one morning and swears that it was the best ever. The lady owner of this establishment deserves our highest recommendation for the warmth and friendliness of our welcome and making our stay so enjoyable. One of the best, if not the best B & B we have ever stayed at. Don't miss it and the pleasureable experience it will afford you.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank RonMacdonald

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Spalding, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I had an excellent stay at the Oak House on Jubilee Weekend, and was very warmly received by the owner, and with a nice cup of coffee on arrival. It's a lovely place, built in a quiet community neighborhood (getting ready for a street party for the Jubliee!!). The room was spotless, and aa lovely nights sleep!!. I strongly recommend this house, and I hope I will be able to return there soon. Thank you for a lovely stay Jo!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Stephen M
Reviewed 12 June 2012 via mobile

My wife and I spent 3 nights at Oak House in May. Room was very comfortable ,Jonquil is a great host with welcome scones and tea on arrival. Good knowledge of surrounding areas , lovely lady great ambassador for Horncastle. If you were not happy here you are the problem not the host.
Thanks Jo ,
Graham & Jan

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Graham G
Pujaut, France
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Hello, I had an excellent stay at the Oak House last week, very well-received by the owner. It is a lovely and typically english place, built in a quiet neighborhood close to shops and restaurants. I strongly recommend this house and I hope I will be able to return there.
Horncastle is also a nice village, located on the main road from Lincoln to the sea. It could be an excellent choice for your next holiday !
Regards. Alexandre B.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Alexandre B
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We stayed for one night last weekend what a lovely quiet place to stay. The welcoming afternoon tea and cake was lovely, the room was as comfortable and cosy as could be and breakfast - not for dieters, all in all a lovely night away from home, will go back.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Margaret H
Hastings
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I recently stayed at Oak House for four nights. This was my third visit and when visiting an old friend in Horncastle I would not dream of staying elsewhere. My ensuite room was very well appointed and the bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in. It s lovely to come down in the morning to an excellent breakfast with home made bread. Jonquil goes out of her way to make her guests feel welcome and nothing is too much trouble. Only a short walk to the town centre with good bus services to Lincoln, Skegness and other towns. I look forward to my next visit.

J of Eaast Sussex

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Grace M
Hull England
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Welcoming, Spotlessly clean and must be one of the best breakfasts around. I would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Des W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horncastle
The Admiral Rodney Hotel, Eatery & Coffee House
Petwood Hotel
Petwood Hotel
#2 of 4 in Woodhall Spa
Magpies Restaurant with Rooms
Bainland Lodge Park
Bainland Lodge Park
#1 of 4 in Woodhall Spa

Been to Oak House? Share your experiences!