“Excellent”
Review of Oak House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Horncastle
Oak House
Ranked #8 of 8 Horncastle B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 December 2012

I've just returned from two nights at the Oak House and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The room was clean, comfortable and warm. Jo Gilbert was a superb host and the breakfast was superb, home grown tomatoes and freshly baked bread with locally sourced Lincolnshire sausages and local eggs. If I go back to Horncastle I'd certainly book into this B&B again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Oak House

Reviewed 1 October 2012

Just returned from a two night stay at Oak House.

Jo Gilbert, the host, greeted us with a smile and she meade us feel really at home.
The room was spacious, bathroom excellent and we enjoyed two good nights sleep in a very comfortable bed. Tea and Coffee to help us wake up was very welcome.

Breakfast was truly wonderful. Home baked Bread, home made preserves, free range eggs and oh so tasty Dry Cure Bacon from Redhill Farm (www.redhillfarm.com)...quite honestly the best Bacon I've tasted in my 48 years on this planet.

If you require somewhere to stay in Horncastle then Oak House is the place to go.

Thank you Jo, for a wonderful stay at your B & B.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2012

My brother, sister-in-law, and I were in the UK for a month and spent the first 3 nights at this wonderful B & B in Horncastle. From the first moment, our hostess, Jo Gilbert, immediately made 3 very tired travelers from California welcome with tea and scones. Our rooms were lovely and the beds were very comfortable. Her home is beautifully decorated and the garden was so pretty - many flowers, vegetables, herbs, and fruits. The neighborhood is very nice and quiet and only a few minutes walk to the center of town. Jo's cooking is sooo good: the breakfasts were so much food (we are not used to that!) but wanted to eat it all because everything was freshly made and so delicious. Her baked goods, jams and elderflower were amazing. Jo was very knowledgeable about Horncastle and the Lincolnshire area and gave us great references on places to eat and see. She was eager to call ahead for us for reservations or make contacts for us, which was not always the case at the other B & B's along our trip. Our trip was enormously enhanced by the care and attention that Jo provided to us - we couldn't have had a better start for our month long visit to the UK!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We have just returned from a two night stay in Horncastle staying at Oak House with Mrs Gilbert as our host. Nothing, and I mean nothing was too much trouble and everything about our stay was first class. Our room was a great size, very clean and comfortable, and breakfast at Oak House will certainly keep you going for the rest of day. Without a doubt if you need accommodation in Horncastle Oak House is the place to be!
Many thanks Mrs Gilbert.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We have just had 3 nights with this lovely lady Jonquil Gilbert and her lovely welcoming Oak House,Everything was 5star although its only down as 4! The accomodation was superb and the Food!! really fabulous and we couldnt find one negative point if we tried,Honestly people you couldnt get better

Room Tip: Double was superb
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank bernadine n
Reviewed 19 July 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of three nights at this fantastic establishment. The reception and welcome was heartwarming. The accommodation was immaculate, comfortable with every eventuality catered for. The decor was most tasteful without being fussy and we loved the real wood furniture which gave a sense of tradition and well-being. The breakfast was something to die for and satisfied every taste. My better half had the porridge one morning and swears that it was the best ever. The lady owner of this establishment deserves our highest recommendation for the warmth and friendliness of our welcome and making our stay so enjoyable. One of the best, if not the best B & B we have ever stayed at. Don't miss it and the pleasureable experience it will afford you.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank RonMacdonald
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I had an excellent stay at the Oak House on Jubilee Weekend, and was very warmly received by the owner, and with a nice cup of coffee on arrival. It's a lovely place, built in a quiet community neighborhood (getting ready for a street party for the Jubliee!!). The room was spotless, and aa lovely nights sleep!!. I strongly recommend this house, and I hope I will be able to return there soon. Thank you for a lovely stay Jo!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Stephen M

Been to Oak House? Share your experiences!