“Proper quality village pub”
Review of The Blue Bell Inn

The Blue Bell Inn
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Horncastle
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Lincs.
“Proper quality village pub”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Father's day treat! Lovely little village pub serving very high quality menu. The bar/waiting staff were some of the nicest, attentive and cheerful I have met anywhere which made the visit for me. The choice on the menu and specials board was attractive and varied and made choosing difficult. The goat's cheese and chutney starter was excellent and my choice of slow cooked crispy belly pork with black pudding and potato rosti and fresh vegetables was absolutley stunning! My guests had the roast beef which was perfection also. Nice choice of home made desserts to round the meal off and a good choice of cask ales makes this venue well worth the visit. A bit off the beaten track but very welcoming and I will certainly be coming again.

• Visited June 2014

Beverley, United Kingdom
“1st Class”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I went with friends and could not fault any part of our experience. The staff were so friendly and helpful and the food cooked to perfection. Our friends have been disappointed with eating out just lately but after visiting the Blue Bell are now convinced eating out can be a pleasure. We intend to visit the area in the near future and cannot wait to book again. PS The beer is the best I have tasted in a long while.

• Visited April 2014
Mablethorpe, United Kingdom
“Great service, great food!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The four of us visited today for lunch as it is my daughter's 21st and the weather ruled out a day trip anywhere.
We booked at the last minute yet the staff were kind enough to decorate the table with birthday confetti.
The pub is an old fashioned homely inn, very attractive and not the corporate type which we detest so much.
The menu was varied and plenty of choice to please us all. Hub is hard to please with duck but he declared it as delicious. My daughter's steak was cooked exactly as she likes it, very rare.
Puddings also went down well.
It was lovely to order in the bar and wait in comfy armchairs until the meal was ready. Our waitress was friendly and attentive, without making us feel rushed. It was a good 15 miles away but worth the drive and we will be back at some time in the future. Thank you to all at the Bluebell.

• Visited May 2014
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Best sandwiches ever!!!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We come here fairly often and always thoroughly enjoy the whole experience, from the excellent, friendly service, to the delicious food!

If you go on a lunch time (other than Sunday), try their sandwiches. The bread is what I call proper bread (none of the sliced supermarket rubbish) and the fillings are always generous, plus add a few home-made chips.

Lovely pub and great staff!

• Visited April 2014
Louth, United Kingdom
“A cut above the usual pub food”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My son's took me to the Blue Bell for Mother's Day. We chose to go for the evening meal as we thought it would be a bit less frantic. We were surprised to find that only one of the dishes on the menu was unavailable and had a really good meal. The service was pleasant and quick and the quality of the food was, as usual, very good. The pub itself has a warm and welcomong atmosphere and we had a good red wine from the wine list. We will certainly be back again.

• Visited March 2014