“Tasty fish”

Description: It is listed on Qype 01507 526726
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
“Tasty fish”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Yummy! We had a very nice piece of haddock and the chips were quite good too. Not too greasy and soggy. Would go again.

• Visited May 2014
5 Thank Anja S

Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Mantle Of The Expert”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

It is always a great sign when you walk into a fish and chip shop and the member of staff asks the question "Is anybody wanting fish?". Hence, my fish was fried fresh whilst I waited and had not been sitting there since Tuesday, 2:45 p.m. or whenever like in some less than impressive fish and chip shops. The fish was fried in a light, crispy batter and was a generous size. Plus my chips were gorgeous and crispy and with a portion of mushy peas on top, I had a delicious lunch coming to just over £5 for take away. There is also an "underground" restaurant which sounds very interesting indeed. If I lived locally, this would be a regular take away establishment for me. Excellent!

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Richthehiker
Derbyshire
“Good service, good fish & chips”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Probably the better of the fish & chip shops in Horncastle but have had variable service and quality of food so depends what time of day or day of the week you go!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank HighPeakBlues
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“NOT BAD”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We have only been once on a visit to Horncastle (we live miles away). My son and I had fish and chips to takeaway, to be honest we should have eaten them in the café area and I think we would have enjoyed them better. I have had better fish and chips and I have had a lot worse, give them a try when passing.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Graham696969
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Cracking good fish”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We are occasional customers at Mantles, have been for a long time, and are very satisfied with the food and service we have received. We can't square our experiences with the couple of negative comments here, one strong one in particular. The setup at Mantles is perfectly clear - takeaway customers take away their food. Diners use the quaint atmospheric restaurant downstairs for a more leisurely sit-down meal. The complainers could easily have gone downstairs and placed their order as all other diners manage to do. How would it be for us well-trained diners if everyone just wandered on down and grabbed a table and unwrapped their takeaways? Add to the ambience? I don't think so.

• Visited September 2013