“good value”

The Bull
Ranked #14 of 40 Restaurants in Horncastle
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Good food children welcome, value for money and comfortable place, lovely outside space to sit and watch the world go by

1  Thank patjack516

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We were in Horncastle for the festival today, and were looking for somewhere to eat and came across The Bull, and went in on the off chance that they had a table available. We did not realize until we sat down that it was a carvery something my husband is not keen on but as we had taken our coat of and sat down we decided to stay and were we pleased we did. The carvery which was served by Tim the Chef, was excellent, had a choice of 3 meats and a wide range of vegetables all nice and hot. We followed this up with a very good portion of rhubarb crumble and custard well worth the money. We will be calling in again sometime soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife, myself and my sister in law dropped into The Bull for lunch today while doing a bit of shopping in Horncastle. The pub itself is nothing special but the welcome was warm and the menu was fine for a lunch time. My wife is wheat intolerant so sometimes it can be difficult finding something suitable. This menu had un battered grilled haddock which my wife said was first class. Sister in law had cod in batter which she enjoyed very much and said it was the best piece of fish she had for a long time. I went for the double burger with onion, mushroom, cheese and bacon. It was brilliant, very tasty. On top of that the bill was very reasonable. Oh, and the portions were very large.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

My friend and i came here for lunch on thursday my friend had the scampi and i had gammon. Both well presented and plenty. Good value for money. Would come back again but not on market day as it was busy.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Lunch here is quite nice. It's not particularly cheap but nearly always enjoyable. The atmosphere can be hit and miss but overall it's pretty good.