“Lovely hotel, friendly staff and good food”

Best Western Oaklands Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Laceby
Reviewed 13 July 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights as our daughter was holding her wedding reception here. The staff were very polite on arrival. The room we had, which was a family room, was spacious and had a lovely big bathroom. We had a light snack on the 1st night and the service was good and the food lovely. Breakfast over the 3 days was fantastic, eating as much as you like from a cold buffet then a cooked breakfast as well! The waiting staff were very friendly and even warmed some of their milk for my grand daughters morning bottle. The only downside was being woken up at 6.00am on the saturday morning by a bin lorry emptying bottles!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 June 2011

We booked via a late break deal and only paid £100 for b and b plus dinner on first night therefore we didnt expect much, how wrong we were! A beautiful hotel with friendly staff and a large well appointed room. The evening meal was well presented and very tasty, would recommend a visit just for the grub. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Quiet, wonderful location and the food was excellant, couldn't fault it, will definately stay there again, staff were friendly and helpful, and we had a wonderful time there. Have stayed in many hotels around the country, including a top london hotel, and this by far the best. Loved it think this one of the undiscovered gems you read about.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2011

One night here when in Grimsby on business. Located in lovely grounds and set back from the main road along a long drive, this is a peaceful and stylish place to stay.

Check in was easy and I was directed to mt accomodation on the ground floor of a new (ish) block that had been built onto the side of the original manor house.

The room was very nice with king size bed, spotlessly clean and with plenty of hanging space and a lovely bathroom.

I ate in the bar, but there is a restaurant too and prices range from £8 - £15 for a main meal.
My only criticism is for the sleep quality. Someone in the room above me was snoring and it sounded so loud. The irritation was further compounded by the resident of the room next to mine, hammering on the wall at 2am in the belief it was me making all the noise!

Breakfast the next morning was of a good standard with a good choice and efficient service

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2011

My husband and I stayed here as we came to a party nearby, and having read some of the reviews we were a little worried. I think these people must have stayed at a different hotel!! We had a FABULOUS time! Great room; clean bathroom; delicious food; great atmosphere in the bar; really kind, helpful and polite staff - no complaints whatsoever. The hotel is under a very recent change of hands and wow guys, keep up the good work - this is the sort of place this area has been crying out for! So what about the drive? I don't know what they are talking about! The driveway is now PERFECT - your granny would be fine there - no stones, no "killer" cobbles. I can only think it must have been squared up by the new team. Again well done! Dangerous access...NO...it is near a roundabout and so the traffic is at crawling pace - it's not a busy road really either! Let's face it, these days you have to be careful pulling out onto any road don't you? Keep up the good work - will definitely stay again!

Room Tip: This place is on the up, give it a go!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sazzo
Reviewed 25 March 2011

Hotel OK. Service OK. Room OK.
Access road a nightmare. Single track, with blind corner and bricks hidden in the long grass right next to the road. No passing point. Pulled over to the grass to let a car past and I burst 2 of my tyres on the bricks and breeze blocks covered by long grass.
Hotel didn't want to know. "not our road, not our problem" Other conference delegates delayed half an hour due to meeting cars trying to leave the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2011

From the start to the finish I can only complement the staff at this excellent hotel. They provided a party to be remembered by all my family and friends. The staff could not do enough for us, nothing was top much bother. A big thank you for making our party such a success.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laceby
Humber Royal Hotel
Millfields Hotel
Millfields Hotel
#7 of 10 in Grimsby
Holiday Inn Express Grimsby

Been to Best Western Oaklands Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!