“Great food, accommodation needs work”

Best Western Oaklands Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Laceby
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great food, accommodation needs work”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I have recently stayed here, and as the title suggests the food served in the restaurant is top notch, well cooked and presented beautifully. The only minor niggle I have with the hotel is the accommodation, which to be honest is quite dated and not all that comfortable. I didn't compliant because let's be honest what's the point there is nothing that can be done regarding me not liking the choice of decor or the bed being too firm. Overall it's not that bad for a few nights if you need to be in the local area. I haven't given a lower rating because I believe the level of service was still very good and the staff all tried very hard to provide me with the quality of stay I wanted.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
barry f, Manager at Best Western Oaklands Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Copta_Doctor
Let me take this opportunity to thank you for your comments in relation to your stay here. We have won numerous accolades for the restaurant food and the service in that department. The hotel started a refurbishment program 2 years ago with the public areas, conference rooms and bedrooms being updated. I can only suggest that the room you were in we haven’t got around to yet. All of the bedrooms should be completed later this year. The beds are all relatively new which is a lot better than what was in the hotel. I am glad that the staff made the stay a little more enjoyable. I look forward to welcoming you back when you are in the area.
Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This venue came out on top when in the planning aspects of my friends wedding. I know from personal experience that planning a wedding can be a daunting task however on the day everything ran like clockwork and made the wedding breakfast and evening reception look like child's play. The staff were beyond fantastic and would go out of their way to ensure guests were wholly satisfied.

We stayed over in a double room which had air conditioning which was much to my relief as it was a very warm day in May we stayed. Although for the best part of staying over I was 'half cut' and only had a few hours sleep, the few hours I decided to sleep were in a very well laid out room with all the basics you could require.

There is one particular man who works at the hotel who I would like to give a special mention. His role was toast master and he really did a fantastic job of all his roles and responsibilities.

Overall a the most pleasant experience with a 24 hour bar! Many special memories made during our stay!

Dear Kirstylou1005
Thank you for the fantastic review that you posted. I do encourage the team to read trip advisor and they are all taking credit for the toast master for the wedding. We know a wedding day is the most special of occasions and a day that should never go wrong. You point out some of the additions the hotel has recently finished with the Air conditioning that has been installed in 9 rooms for additional comfort through the hotter summer months. Thank you again for the comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Cleethorpes
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Me and my partner visited here for a wedding, they did the place out lovely for the day, and the three course meal was lovely. The gardens where beautiful and so was the decor inside. I found the staff were very polite and helpful, and was quick to help with any problems. The bar was nice and was reasonably priced, and there is a good car park :) x

1 Thank Lisah1204
Richard M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oaklands Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 01472 872 248.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Arrived at the hotel for a wedding to be greeted by friendly and very helpful staff. The food was consistently beautiful throughout the day and the areas were kept immaculate and the building is simply gorgeous!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such kind comments regarding your recent wedding. We take great pride in a job well done.

Please come and see us again soon,

Kindest Regards
Ulceby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Me and my wife got married this weekend and can honestly say that everything was amazing, Our master of Ceremonies Ben could not do enough to help out and all the staff were amazing, could not find a single fault with there services, We often go for a meal in The Comfy Duck and the quality of food was not compromised at all even though we had 90 guests and another wedding was also going on.

Was a amazing day and cannot recommend this place enough !!!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of the Oaklands Hall Hotel. Its great to read how much you enjoyed your wedding. I have passed your comments on to ben and put a copy of the review onto our notice board for all our staff to see.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kindest regards
Leeds
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We had a DB&B overnight stay. Our room was clean, spacious and quiet. Our meal in the hotel restaurant "The comfy duck" was pleasant,although the service was slow. What lets this hotel down is service. We were completely underwhelmed by the lack of personality and pleasantries from the staff who seemed to all suffer from a collective form of apathy and lethargy. Although regular visitors seemed to be treated well, they barely spoke to others- not even a" did you enjoy your stay?" on checking out was offered! It is a shame as this could be a great hotel, unfortunately we won't be returning.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Oaklands hall hotel. I'm very disappointed to read the issues regarding our staff during your staff, as you can see from our previous reviews our staff are a very strong point that never let us down.

if you could contact me directly on 01472 872248 to discuss your staff further.
Kindest regards
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Lovely room very clean and spacious, breakfast was good with wide choice of food. Hotel staff very friendly and efficient, ample car parking lovely gardens, huge bathroom. Have stayed at this hotel before and have not been disappointed, evening meals are also well worth trying

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

barry f, Manager at Best Western Oaklands Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2015
Dear 664stephanief
Thank you for the review that you posted. The rooms have been refurbished with the exception of 4 but we are getting round to those in 2015. Thank you for your positive remarks on all aspects of the hotel we look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.
Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laceby
Humber Royal Hotel
The Yarborough Hotel
#5 of 10 in Grimsby
Holiday Inn Express Grimsby
Stallingborough Grange Hotel

Been to Best Western Oaklands Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!