“World of the zombies?”

Best Western Oaklands Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Laceby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Brigg, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Thursday 15 May 2014. Our Humberside International Women's club has used the Oaklands for functions before. Because the hotel had a large conference on, we couldn't use a room in the main building, but has to use the Conservatory in stead. Normally used for weddings. It couldn't have been a better choice. We had our own private entrance, a separate area for coffee, the AGM and our lunch. It was nice and quiet. We also has a veranda and a private garden. The staff looked after us very well and the food was nicely presented and tasty.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Richard M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oaklands Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent Meeting at our property.

The Garden Room has recently been refurbished and is proving one of our most popular rooms to hold different events in.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 01472 872 248.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey.

Kindest Regards
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed because at a wedding there. Bit out of the way, but would stay again. Room was small but very comfortable. Plenty to choose from for breakfast. Set in lovely grounds. Very clean staff nice and friendly.

• Stayed May 2014
Richard M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oaklands Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of the Oaklands Hall Hotel. Its great to read you would return to our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kindest regards
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hotel must have been a Country House in it's previous life. You drive up a narrow windy road to be faced by it's imposing frontage. The experience continues in the entrance, hallway and stairs to the first floor. This is when it starts to get back to reality. There are signs of recent redecorating, such as the smell of paint in the passageway. Whilst this is good news it is a shame that the paint used is not a "low vapour" type. The restaurant is quite expensive for what is on offer so I'd suggest heading into town. You will need a car for this as you are over 5 miles from Grimsby town, or 1/2 mile from Laceby. The hotel staff are friendly and know what they are doing. At £95 the room was a bit expensive but I suppose new paint has to be paid for.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

1 Thank John B
Dear Guest
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

We are coming to the end of our recent refurbishment and a large amount of rooms and corridors have been redecorated however I have passed your comments onto our maintenance manager regarding the use of low vapour paints in busy areas of the hotel.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I have recently stayed here, and as the title suggests the food served in the restaurant is top notch, well cooked and presented beautifully. The only minor niggle I have with the hotel is the accommodation, which to be honest is quite dated and not all that comfortable. I didn't compliant because let's be honest what's the point there is nothing that can be done regarding me not liking the choice of decor or the bed being too firm. Overall it's not that bad for a few nights if you need to be in the local area. I haven't given a lower rating because I believe the level of service was still very good and the staff all tried very hard to provide me with the quality of stay I wanted.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
barry f, Manager at Best Western Oaklands Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Copta_Doctor
Let me take this opportunity to thank you for your comments in relation to your stay here. We have won numerous accolades for the restaurant food and the service in that department. The hotel started a refurbishment program 2 years ago with the public areas, conference rooms and bedrooms being updated. I can only suggest that the room you were in we haven’t got around to yet. All of the bedrooms should be completed later this year. The beds are all relatively new which is a lot better than what was in the hotel. I am glad that the staff made the stay a little more enjoyable. I look forward to welcoming you back when you are in the area.
Regards
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This venue came out on top when in the planning aspects of my friends wedding. I know from personal experience that planning a wedding can be a daunting task however on the day everything ran like clockwork and made the wedding breakfast and evening reception look like child's play. The staff were beyond fantastic and would go out of their way to ensure guests were wholly satisfied.

We stayed over in a double room which had air conditioning which was much to my relief as it was a very warm day in May we stayed. Although for the best part of staying over I was 'half cut' and only had a few hours sleep, the few hours I decided to sleep were in a very well laid out room with all the basics you could require.

There is one particular man who works at the hotel who I would like to give a special mention. His role was toast master and he really did a fantastic job of all his roles and responsibilities.

Overall a the most pleasant experience with a 24 hour bar! Many special memories made during our stay!

Dear Kirstylou1005
Thank you for the fantastic review that you posted. I do encourage the team to read trip advisor and they are all taking credit for the toast master for the wedding. We know a wedding day is the most special of occasions and a day that should never go wrong. You point out some of the additions the hotel has recently finished with the Air conditioning that has been installed in 9 rooms for additional comfort through the hotter summer months. Thank you again for the comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Regards
Cleethorpes
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Me and my partner visited here for a wedding, they did the place out lovely for the day, and the three course meal was lovely. The gardens where beautiful and so was the decor inside. I found the staff were very polite and helpful, and was quick to help with any problems. The bar was nice and was reasonably priced, and there is a good car park :) x

1 Thank Lisah1204
Dear guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Richard Matthews
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laceby
Humber Royal Hotel
The Yarborough Hotel
#5 of 10 in Grimsby
Holiday Inn Express Grimsby
Stallingborough Grange Hotel

Been to Best Western Oaklands Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!