“Friendly bistro with food to match”
Review of The Comfy Duck

The Comfy Duck
Reserve with OpenTable
The Comfy Duck is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Laceby
Price range: US$8 - US$54
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Comfy Duck, a AA Rosette Restaurant serves locally sourced, fresh, seasonal ingredients with a modern twist. A la Carte menus are updated every 4-5 weeks to make use of the seasonal produce in Lincolnshire, and Afternoon Tea menus change with the seasons.
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife, son and I visited this restaurant for a long awauted first meal one July Sunday evening. Long awaited as we had heard good things about the food here. The restaurant is within the Oaklands Hall Hotel. A warm welcome met us as we entered the restaurant first from the two young waitresses then Jeff the restaurant manager. We took drinks on the terrace overlooking the manicured gardens, you can see why so many weddings are held at the hotel with this scene as a backdrop for photos.

There is a Sunday offer of two x 2 courses plus a bottle of wine for only £30, excellent value, tonight however we went from the main menu and was not dissapointed. With regard to value the restaurant operates a VIP club, join for £5 and you can benefit from 10% off your meal bill for your table. My sister in law eats regularly here with her girl friends and had tipped me off regarding this offer. Whilst on the terrace Jeff came and took our order answering our queries expertly but in a a very friendly and humerous manner.

For starter I chose the Comfy Duck Scotch Egg with Pease Pudding, Celeriac Remoulade and Mustard foam, it was fabulous and highly recommended. For mains I chose the Crispy Sea Bass with Potato Terraine, Fennel Puree with a Mussel and Chorizo Cassoulet all excellent, I particularly liked the beans in the cassoulet. My wife had the Scallops to start and the Rib-Eye of Beef and Cottage Pie for mains, yes you have a slice of rib-eye beef and a mini cottage pie all of which she enjoyed. The food looked good and tasted even better. Before the starter our taste buds were warmed up with an amuse bouche of radish soup and bread, I asked the young waitress what amuse bouche meant and she told me perfectly which I appreciated. You can see why it has been awarded the coveted AA Rosette along with the countries top ten percent of restaurants.

Whilst we had our eye on the salted Caramel Tart and Cheese plate for dessert we were too full and went back out to the terrace to finish our drinks.

The Bistro was busy during the first half of the evening whilst we were there so book in advance. Mainly couples and small parties made for a nice but not overwhelming atmosphere. The friendleness of the young waitresses and manager Jeff did add something special and unique to this restaurant to our experience and we will be back again with a bigger party of friends to try out more of the splendid menu.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We celebrated my daughters birthday here on Saturday night Drinks outside on the terrace overlooking beautiful gardens before sitting down for complimentary warm bread whilst choosing from the new menu the table was decorated and strawberries served with the sparkling wine .this must be one of the best restaurants in the area .Staff all professional and we never felt rushed Well done We will be back very soon

1  Thank Jayne J
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Some of the best food I have ever eaten, imaginatively put together, added good comapny and it was a magical night.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We called in here, on the recommendation of a friend, and were not disappointed. The food was lovely, as was the wine. Service was very good.
Will look forward to going back, when next in the area.

2  Thank sdbsjb88
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Had the most wonderful meal at The Comfy Duck last night, it was excellent. It was a special treat paid for by work so we needed to go somewhere nice and we were not disappointed! From beginning to end the service was fantastic, the young waiters and waitresses were attentive and happy (the girl who recommended the white chocolate mousse for dessert knows her job :-) ) and Jeff was brilliant, I had read so many reviews about him it was great to meet him, he made our night. My steak was cooked to perfection as was everybody else's meal - there were 7 clean plates from us! Then came the scary bit - the bill but surprisingly for 6 starters, 7 mains, 2 side orders, 7 desserts and 4 bottles of wine the bill came to a brilliant £280. We loved it that much we have booked our Christmas night out there and I for 1 cannot wait to go back :-)

1  Thank Finediner85