“Truly excellent!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: NG32 2HH
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Just been there for a pub dinner and it was superb! Great food with decent portions and at a good price. Great range of beers and a charming barman to serve it.
Great food, great beer, great service.
We will definitely be visiting again!

1  Thank Page92
There are newer reviews for Thorold Arms

Reviewed 31 March 2013

We had lunch in this pub on a Friday afternoon after a 2 hour drive up for the weekend.

I was encouraged by the other reviews here but felt it needed a more recent one. The pub itself is fairly central in the village and shares a building with a village shop. We walked through the shop to get to the bar which I found this slightly confusing but also charming. However the toilet door was obscured by a stand from the shop which kept me guessing for a few minutes until the shop keeper moved it for me :-)

There's two lounges, a games room and a main bar/restaurant. The barmaid was polite and helpful and we got a nice window seat in the main area. There were a few older couples at the bar and two small groups enjoying a meal, so fairly busy for a lunchtime in a small village pub which is encouraging.

The menu was a small selection of a dozen or so pub favourites. I chose a burger and chips and my partner chose ham, egg and chips, so nothing too adventurous! We were served promptly and the ham was high quality and the burger was well presented on one of those boards. I felt my portion size could have been bigger but my partner had plenty so overall not a problem.

It should be said the prices were very reasonable and yet the quality was not lacking, overall I think it was great value for money and I would go back.

Reviewed 27 November 2012

The bar was comfortable but basic but the restaurant was a lovely romantic hide away. The bangers & mash and homemade steak & ale pie are well worth a try. The house wine is also very nice and reasonably priced. Will have to return to try the other menu options.

Reviewed 13 October 2012

Pass this pub once a month, so thought I'll give it a try. Friendly staff, clean, but the menu choice was very limited for an evening meal, although we were told a new daily special menu is being prepared. What we had was well cooked and good value. Will visit again next month to hopefully see more main meal specials.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

staying locally for a wedding, this undiscovered gem was something to behold. fantastic food and brilliant staff especially the chef. well worth a return visit.