“Must try!”

River Don Tavern
Ranked #59 of 163 Restaurants in Scunthorpe
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Traditional country pub with seperate restaurant.Pub menu and specials board,excellent Sunday carvery served 12-7 30pm.Booking advisable especially on Sundays.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must try!”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I absolutely love this place, lovely warm friendly people and the food is the best we have found. They simply cannot be beaten on their carverys, 100% fresh meat and veg, none of that frozen stuff. You must must must try this place!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Chloe D

Doncaster
“Not dissapointed”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Couldn't resist going to try.the steaks - very tasty. Good-sized portion - no room for sweets.
friendly service
real ale.
we have already booked a return visit - just to give Foxy a fuss

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank accordionman
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
“Superb that is the only word for the place and services offered.”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I was actually advised by a friend of mine about this little place in Eastoft, while it is out of the way from Scunthorpe I had never been there so my friend and I decide to call in,

I have to say I was amazed from the moment I stepped in the door, the smiles were all around, I found it a very warm atmosphere, the locals were accepting of my friend and I and the food was very good value for money and the portions was very and I mean very large, it was that big I was going to get a pudding but there was no space for it,

I can highly recommend this public house, and at some point soon intend to have Sunday Carvery, I live in Scunthorpe town and it was a nice even refreshing change to the usual town food that is served.

• Visited June 2013
Telford, United Kingdom
“Excellent traditional tavern with modern accommodation”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Stayed here on business, having booked through Late Rooms without doing any research. Price for B&B was very good indeed but I wasn't sure what to expect. I needn't have worried ; the accommodation is very modern and clean (with toiletries and a chocolate - nice touch), the service was very good and friendly (bar and restaurant) and the beer lived up to its CAMRA awards. I had dinner in the evening and it was traditional pub fayre and lots of it. Breakfast in the morning was also very good. Could not fault the service, including the fact that they made a special effort to enable me to check-in at 3pm (which is before the pub opens). Would definitely return on business or for leisure. So much better than faceless chain hotels and probably cheaper too, despite headline rooms rates which the chains advertise.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank The-Telford-Three
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
“Excellent steaks and service!”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

My wife and I had had a busy day and decided at the last minute to eat out and visited the River Don in Eastoft. On entering we were met with smiles and log fires and from the varied menu we ordered two steaks, a rump and a sirloin. Both cooked to perfection. Service brilliant - drinks also brought to the table. What was amazing was that there was only one other couple eating! This is a traditional village pub - we also had a look at the accommodation - superb - a hidden gem!

• Visited March 2013