The Royal
  • Restaurant
US$119
US$107
  • Breakfast included
Hallmark Hotel Hull(North Ferriby)
US$87
US$81
Agoda.com
US$83
US$78
PremierInn.com
Nightel Hotel(Kirmington)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfriendly atmospheresunday roastlick of paintmaking us feelnice roomyorkshire puddingcomfy bedsaturday nightwould stay againtown centrefull englishsainsburysfootball
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I had the displeasure of eating at the Royal last night. Was brought 2 wrong meals then faced with a rude arrogant approach by untrained un professional member of staff that argued to the point where I was on the brink of walking out. Meals replaced with x2 cold tasteless meals. Not at any point were we asked if the meal was ok especially when I payed. It cost me £33 which I would truely have sooner set fire to than be subject to that dire experience. In my 51 years the worst ever ! In a nutshell utter rubbish

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Simon520
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Terrible stay dont recommend it to anyone. Very noisey. No where to park. Springs coming through the mattress. Dirty laundry in the corner of the room room freezing cold. Smoking on corridors. Would never stop here again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Emma S
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed at The Royal Hotel for one night to go to The Baths Theatre, which is just across the road from The Royal Hotel. The room was nice and a comfy bed with Tea & Coffee making facilities in the room.
I disagree with the negative comments that people have left and just want to say that these people what do you expect for the price you pay for a room??? If you want 5* then pay 5* prices then you might be happy, and don't expect 5* for the bargain you get at The Royal.

We also ate at The Royal which for a pub chain was very nice and reasonable, the breakfast(which you have to pay extra) was a bit steep at £7.50 but you did get a massive plate full of Full English and as much continental breakfast that you can eat sos all in all it was pretty reasonable.

We enjoyed our stay here and will definatley go and stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I booked for one night at this hotel in spite of some of the previous reviews from earlier in the year.
I was pleasantly surprised on my arrival.
The staff were warm, friendly and helpful and it appeared that there had been a lot of work carried out both in the corridors and the room.
Our room was spotlessly clean and spacious, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was large.
This is a very old hotel and it has been decorated in a style appropriate to that period.
We had an evening meal there but not breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gismo2004
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Quite sad to write this review because I am a fairly regular patron and review it from time to time but not every time I stay. There seems to have been a procession of different staff at check in over the last year and its not clear to me who is actually running the place any longer . My last stay was mid week quite unusual for me as I am mostly there over the weekend. Seeing the remnants of wedding 'confetti' on the stairs and landing worried me a tad - either they had a midweek wedding (possible) or this was left over from the weekend , benefit of the doubt. I was in room 3 a room I am familiar with and have stayed in many times. The carpet was in an awful state and very badly stained. So badly stained that you wonder how or what made such a mess, not in one place but in many places. (Quite clearly someone has made this mess and shame on them for leaving such a mess) I was quite taken aback but then you can't help but look at the cleanliness of the rest of the room... And that was questionable. However the bed was comfortable, I slept well . On check out I raised the issue of the carpet and they were aware and had no carpet cleaning machine / shampoo / deep cleaning facility. Well to the management at good night inns - you have hiked the prices, the quality of the cleaning and general service is variable and you need to stop the slide. Writing this gives me no pleasure at all as my previous reviews have been positive and I have loved staying in the Royal, but it won't have my repeat business unless it improves.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends