“Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We came for my boyfriend's birthday, as we did last year, and there's a reason we returned. From the moment we walked in, the service was brilliant. Drinks were brought over to us along with the nicest prawn crackers I've ever tasted! Seriously, I didn't think prawn crackers could be so nice! Ample time allowed to order as we can ever make our minds up! They were very patient!

The time between the order being taken and the starter coming out was great. The vegetable tempura was lovely, although I think it should be served with chilli sauce rather than sweet and sour, but that's just personal preference. My boyfriend had beef in oyster sauce which I just can't seem to replicate at home, and the seafood and tofu hotpot, while one of the more pricey dishes, is definitely worth the cost! Big bowl of broth brimming with tofu and perfectly cooked seafood (king prawn, squid, mussels, scallop) and rice noodles...a new favourite.

As it was a special occasion, we were treated to complimentary glasses of champagne, which was a really lovely gesture. It wasn't a busy night, being in the middle of the week, but the atmosphere was very pleasant, no fault to be found. The service was one of the most attentive I've experienced with thoughtful finishing touches, and the food is just delicious. We'll probably go back again for my boyfriend's birthday bext year and make it into a tradition.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I have reviewed this restaurant before but the meal was so good last night that I had to mention it again! The mixed starters of spare ribs, spring rolls, sesame toast, satay chicken, crispy won tons and crispy 'seaweed' was prepared perfectly, and the extra salt and pepper prawns were excellent. The fish in chicken and prawn sauce as a main course was described by the diners as 'the best ever'. The quarter duck with pancakes was succulent and the king prawn curry was very tasty. The service was very attentive. All in all a successful evening out.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

There is one palce to celebrate the Chinese New Year in style - HERE!! Hosts attention to detail is excellent with authentic dragon dances and drums,,,, food is freshly made and offers an array of luxury dishes...
A brilliant night - restuarant decorated tastefully and not tacky and staff are welcoming and attentative.
Have eaten here on several occasions and are always very pleased with the qukaity of the food, it may be a little pricey, it is certainly not the cheapest chinese but it is one of the best in town!!
Try the fish, the curries and the special fried rice they will not disappoint!!

1  Thank angeline867
Reviewed 21 May 2014

After not going to the imperial for a while, me and my wife decided to go back, as last time we went the owners Edith and Matthew took very good care of us.

Was disappointed to find they were on holiday, but the staff were just as helpful and accommodating.

There was a large party at the time, so a lively atmosphere (for 6.30!), but this didn't extend to any loss of service or us taking the back seat in our experience.

The food was lovely, I had an Aubergine dish in hot bean sauce (I actually think it might be called that too), and my wife had a tofu and mushroom dish, both were lovely.

An excellent visit. I only gave 4 stars for the atmosphere as there was a customer here at the same time who was going out of his way to be rude to the staff, with the party also complaining. But you can't please everyone!

Will be returning on Saturday with the in-laws before we go away as our customary pre-holiday meal.

Again, we had and excellent meal and time!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Very poor, poor ingredients, poor preparation, poor cooking, poor explanation. Just not good enough even by Scunthorpe standards. Better available all over Scunthorpe at a much lower price

3  Thank shanethechef