“Solo Traveller”

Premier Inn Scunthorpe Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Scunthorpe
Reviewed 22 July 2014

It is the 1st time that I have stayed at the Scunthorpe Premier Inn, due to having maintained regular links with a Town Centre B+B owner. He has sold up, so this came highly recommended by my friends who stay with their partners for an Annual event close by. I was not disappointed. Booking On-line was simple, and also a quick Check-in prior to arrival On-line too. I travelled and stayed on my own and was allocated a Family Room at the time of booking. The room was clean, fresh and well maintained. No external noise. I didn`t opt for any meals, so I can`t comment on that area. Will definitely stay here in the future for our Annual event.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jon M

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed hear for one night stay on way to waddington air show, hotel is great only down side it the heat I know this is not any fault of the hotel as they done every thing they could to make our night as comfier providing sheets to sleep and fans in the room . Beefeater restaurant attached is ok but we thought very over priced for food all in all not a bad stop point just wish we had more sleep.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Lovely stay here with my family. Good location with good amenities round about it. Great beds , comfy. Good clean room. Breakfast was ideal. Everything you needed was there. Would definetly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GHARE8
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The satnav worked but it all went pear shaped when you arrive at the roundabout to turn in to Morrisons supermarket.
I had seen the Premier Inn sign when I was on the dual carriage way (on my left) that seemed to say it was in the Morrisson's car park area, so I turned left at the traffic lights and then left at the roundabout and went in to Morrison's car park.

Wrong. The Premier Inn is next door with no access from Morrisson's car park.

Instead of turning at the roundabout in to Morrison's go about 15 metres more and take a small left turn, it is the first left after the roundabout. This will go in to a small housing estate, turn left at a mini roundabout and voila! There is the Premier Inn.

Premier Inn - does what it does best. Big room, comfortable bed, everything works and is clean. Tea and coffee etc, hairdryer, all there.

BUT, and this is important for the summer. The room gets quite warm, the window opens only 25 mm and there is no airconditioning. The management do provide a fan for you to move the warm air around.
Not really good enough for a room that costs £77 per night room only.

Wifi free for 30 minutes then you pay. I never understand this, even McDonalds offer free wifi. Strange that some hotels do not. Campanile and Ibis give guests free unrestricted wifi, and their rooms are quite a bit cheaper. Obviously Premier Inn have a different business model and Lenny Henry.

It is still a good experience, just a little spoilt.

Ate next door in the Beefeater (or whatever it was). Had dinner and breakfast. Was goog but no review made. I

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has not had the sun shining on it all day.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ConvertedPoms
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We had been to a wedding and had decided to stay locally before our long drive home. Because I booked well in advance I got two very reasonably priced rooms. One for my wife and I and one for my daughter. We arrived reasonably late in the evening and got a good welcome. I had previously checked in so our room keys were waiting for us, which sped up the check-in process. We were allocated two rooms on the first floor. Our room was very hot, even though there was a portable fan running in the room. I put the television on and found that to get it to turn on I had to hold the remote control right next to the television, although I could change channels OK from the bed. The basin tap in the bathroom only ran at a trickle when Cold was selected but other than those little niggles, our night was good and we both slept well.
Breakfast was across the road in the adjacent Beefeater and when we arrived, it was quite busy. We were eventually greeted and seated and at our request the food order was taken after we had eaten our cereals. The format here is what appears to be the standard offering when there is a Whitbread outlet close by, where everything except the cooked fare is help yourself. We all had cooked food and I ordered two slices of bacon, one sausage and a fried egg. Hot food can be quite a subjective issue where you cannot please everybody all of the time. This time I was not too pleased with the bacon which was dry and a little burnt round the edge. Now I quite like my bacon cooked through but I suspect that chef got distracted when cooking mine and although I didn't complain, it took the edge off the breakfast experience. Everything else went well with the breakfast though, and although it doesn't bother me one little bit nobody on the staff said goodbye to us when we left!
One final thing, concerning the upkeep of the hotel. Although we noticed a skip round the back with some old windows in it, suggesting some work was being done I have to make a comment about the handrails up the stairs. They told me a story which started off like "I am a very busy hotel and lots of people rub their hands up and down my handrails". They looked very tired and to be honest I would think it might be quite difficult to paint these unless there is some very quick drying paint on the market. This didn't affect my stay or my opinion of the hotel but it is always amazing how the little things jump up and shout at you!
However, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2014

To be honest, your options in Scunthorpe are pretty limited.

This Premier Inn is up to the normal good standard for the chain, and the adjacent Pub/Beefeater is actually quite pleasant for breakfast and evening meals/drinks.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is an excellent example of what a chain hotel should be. We have had numerous friends and family stay here without any complaints at all, and some are very picky. We have joined them for breakfast several times and have been pleasantly impressed with the quality and unlimited hot food cooked to order.

I would not hesitate to recommend this branch of Premier Inn for anyone after good value at a quality hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank manoman48
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scunthorpe
Travelodge Scunthorpe
Arties Mill & Lodge
Arties Mill & Lodge
#1 of 2 in Brigg
Hampton by Hilton Humberside Airport

Been to Premier Inn Scunthorpe Hotel? Share your experiences!