“Nice suprise”
Review of The Stables

The Stables
Ranked #1 of 167 Restaurants in Scunthorpe
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a family run business serving only freshly prepared and cooked food as your food orders are placed. We serve Traditional Greek Food along with Our Specials, Grills, Fish and Vegetarian Dishes. We also serve Greek Wines and Beers to accompany our Menu and Taverna Setting.
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We dined at the Stables Restaurant last night and were pleasantly surprised by our experience.

There is a good selection of dishes and wines on the menu - including lobster and other seafoods.

I had the Chateaubriand - very tender and flavourful. The dish was nicely presented and the portion size very generous. My only criticism would be that for me it was slightly over cooked - I prefer my steak very rare (blue) and I would describe the steak last night as medium rare.

This said we will be back !

1  Thank higrade
There are newer reviews for The Stables

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We had read a number of mixed reviews about the Stables Restaurant and decided to give it a go. We arrived a little early to find one other couple in the nicely refurbished conservatory and were soon seated but my first disappointment was that they had run out of gas the day before and had no draught lager, having to make do with a lukewarm can instead. I chose the Prawn Tian and the mussels whilst my partner chose the garlic mushrooms and the pork loin.

We were shown through to our table to join the other two diners who did not seem to have progressed very far, and we had a long wait until the complimentary olives and bread appeared. The olives would have benefited from some cocktail sticks. There was another long wait, before the starters appeared and both were very good, and then we had an even longer wait for the mains. My portion of mussels was huge and in a lovely sauce, and my partner enjoyed her pork, but it was another few minutes before my frites arrived, and let's just say they were unusual. I would have expected a finger bowl to be supplied!

We were both full so did not have any sweets, but I ordered a double espresso which was excellent and very strong. We were told on countless occasions that the Chef was from Cyprus and he did come out to chat to all the customers, a nice touch. One other minor gripe was that the menu mentions pasta and pizza as a speciality but there was none on the menu. Will we rush back, probably not, but the appeal of the barbecue might just tempt us.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I visited the restaurant for the tea-time special yesterday. It's the first time I've been since the new management took over and I must say the meal and service was great. Both my starter and main were very nicely presented and tasty. Good portion sizes as well; I left the table feeling full but not over the top. I will definitely return, and at prices that are affordable and value for money, it will be sooner rather than later.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Please go and experience this gem of a restaurant for yourself. Great food, great surroundings and very welcoming staff. Nothing was too much trouble. Lots of extras were put on our table which was a surprise and a lovely touch. It's a shame we live so far away or we would be regulars. The staff catered for 11 guests, all different ages and each person loved it. It made my daughters 21st Birthday extra special and we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We visited the Stables for a family meal on a sunday afternoon,the weather was beautiful so we decided to sit outside. The chef/owner was very welcoming and took the time to stop and chat to us. The food was excellent the only improvement would be the service, the young waitress was lovely but seemed new to her role only small things that could be improved like empty glasses being taken from the table we ended up with empty glasses everywhere, no napkins we had to ask. The owner/chef is obviously very good at his role and maybe concentrates more on the food then what happens on the shop floor he has a good vision for his resturant and im sure as time goes on certain things will improve and it will be a lovely place to go i wish him all the best.

1  Thank Sanch86