“Extremely positive experience”

Cosgrove Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Scunthorpe
Cosgrove Guest House
Ranked #5 of 12 Scunthorpe B&B and Inns
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Extremely positive experience”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We couldn't stay in our usual Hotel and needed an alternative venue for a weekend stay. We were born in the town but no longer live there, we had seen the Cosgrove before, found availability and gave it a go. We had a twin room facing the front of the building on the first floor. It was spacious, well organised very clean, warm and welcoming. We were made to feel very welcome by the owners. We had been quite sceptical about staying so close to the centre of town, but the noise (given its a weekend and fairly close to a town centre pub) was not an issue at all in fact the location and centrality was a genuine bonus.We didn't have a bath but the shower was more than adequate and we felt we got great value and service and would have no hesitation in going back whatsoever.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Leeds, Alabama
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I stay there for some days and I really like it and fell like home
Something really specials there is their breakfast at 7 am and also I enjoy the gym just opposite the hotel
Barry and Sandra welcome you at their gym aswell .
My room was clean and was also spacieuse
We recommend to anyone

Room Tip: Higher floor have less A/C unit noise Rooms are quieter
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 September 2013

The staff were friendly, ready to help and very nice. The food was also fresh and very tasty. The room was quiet, warm, cosy and very clean. I have no complaint whatsoever. Will definitely use next time. Quite pleased with the service provided.

Room Tip: Affordable and clean. I recommend this B&B.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Gail247
London
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I would say this was more of a B than a B&B. I say that as the night that we stayed here, there wasn’t anyone available to do the breakfast so we had £3 per person knocked of the bill. It's just a pity that no one bothered to contact us to let us know that no breakfast was available before we arrived, I guess they thought we'd cancel - which was highly likely. So, not off to a good start. That’s not to say that this is a terrible place, you certainly won’t go cold whilst staying here as the place was very warm with all the radiators being on all the time.

We had an upstairs room facing the front which was spacious enough and comfortable. The room also looked pretty clean though the bathroom did smell a bit. If you’re staying here for business in the centre of town, then the location is ideally suited just off the main high street. Parking is also available around the back of the building.

Whilst no cooked breakfast was available, we were told that if we bought some milk and bread, we could help ourselves to the cereals and use the toaster which we did. Check out time is at 10am.

Overall, this is a cheap and cheerful sort of place, and you’re also able to use the gym across the road for free if you’re staying here. It suited us for the single night that we stayed here. Would I stay here again? err, probably not.

Room Tip: Bring some bread and milk, you might need it.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank TravelPad
bigalxyz
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I've just had a 2-night stay here. The staff are friendly, and the prices are reasonable (£32/night for a single room) but I was left feeling slightly disappointed, in spite of the favourable reviews on this website.

The room was ok but the mattress in my bed was quite "wallowy".

The free wi-fi was terribly slow - pretty much useless.

The radiator in the room needed bleeding - it was only hot at the bottom, not at the top - and this made keeping the room warm tricky. I mentioned this to one of the staff, but it wasn't done.

The shower was very small - closing the shower door was quite difficult - and the shower head was badly encrusted with limescale.

Also the lock on my window was absent, which meant that anyone could have climbed in & stolen my possessions while I was out. Not good.

I note others' more positive experiences but I'm not sure I would go here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Farnham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2012

The Cosgrove is a great guest house - very convenient for the town centre. We've stayed in the double en-suite and the twin rooms and beds are comfortable in both. Lashings of hot water, lovely and warm in the winter, and a nice cooked breakfast. Very clean.

Parking is available outside the guest house - we've always managed to find a space. When travelling alone I feel safer here than in a traditional hotel. Friendly welcome. I prefer it to the Premier Inn.

We can't bring ourselves to try any of the other guest houses in case they're not as good as this one!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RuthP610
Lkpg, Sweden
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We had a very good time at Cosgrove Guest House. We couldn't make the breakfast times as we had to leave early in the mornings but Barry really went out of the way to make sure we had good breakfast anyway. And the morning when we could make the sit-down-breakfast time we all had special requests and he just met them all, in always good mood. All in all the guest house is clean, friendly, neat rooms and with a very decent price. If we ever get back here (to go skydiving at Hibaldstow) we'll for sure stay here!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Eliwe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scunthorpe
The Royal Hotel
#1 of 12 in Scunthorpe
Larchwood Hotel
Larchwood Hotel
#4 of 12 in Scunthorpe

Been to Cosgrove Guest House? Share your experiences!