“Mix Grill Sorrows”
Review of Old Farmhouse

Old Farmhouse
Ranked #19 of 175 Restaurants in Scunthorpe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Hello & welcome to your Hungry Horse. Each pub offers unrivalled value with a menu and drinks range bursting with choice and flavour for you to enjoy. Be sure to get to know your local inside out as we offer a range of facilities to suit the local guests which can vary from pub to pub. Have fun and fill up on good times!
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I have only one sentence to say....."very poor fatty steaks, cooked to death gammon, tasteless, time wasting."! I went here 3 weeks ago and thought things may have improved but to be honest they have not. My advice would be to avoid and spend your hard earned monies elsewhere....!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Sunday lunch, restaurant was medium busy

Waiters only turned up at the table to bring food, I ended up clearing the table on to the bar for both starters and main.
Dessert took 25 minutes to arrive by which time I was over it!
Noone came to ask if everything was ok, or did we need anything else.
We felt like an inconvenience.

For a restaurant that needs volume through put 2 hours for sunday lunch is too long.

Frankie and Bennys is round the corner go there instead

2  Thank Jo M
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Called for lunch 12 noon. Very quiet. Staff very welcoming and friendly. Food very good and the service was very good and very fast. Value for money excellent.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stopped off when leaving Scunthorpe for a bite to eat before driving home. I know these chain pubs are not high end establishments and this was as expected. There's nothing particularly wrong with it, it is a pub that serves food on a large scale.

Staff were pleasant enough and the price was what I expected, £19 for a large meal, starter and a drink. Food was ok, edible enough. Prawns in the starter were not the best, but the rest was fine. It is very much quantity over quality.

Fine for a stop off if you fancy pub grub, although there is a McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut and Frankie and Bennie's on the same retail park, but don't try and impress anyone by going for an occasion.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

took my daughter and niece out for tea to this dump and the food was not fit to eat . I had a mixed grill which cost £10:99 and it was the worst meal i have ever had . The chicken was cold the fried egg broken the steak as tuff as old boots . My daughter had lasagne and it looked like it had been left in the oven for a week so left half of it . And my niece did"nt enjoy hers either. We went down hungry and came back with a mcdonalds . Be warned go any were but here !!!

3  Thank jsm609