“Birthday Sunday lunch”

Price range: US$13 - US$53
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Set in the peaceful Lincolnshire village of South Rauceby, just a couple of miles from Sleaford, The Bustard Inn is a beautiful Grade II listed Victorian building offering a warm, safe, friendly environment in which to enjoy fine dining in the restaurant or simply relaxing with a beer & sandwich in the bar or garden. The safety of our staff and customers is paramount; we’re proud to be accredited as ‘Safe to Trade’ by Shield Safety Group, the only Covid-19 assured system recognised by Local Government. A family-run business, we boast exceptional chefs who creatively offer up a constantly evolving choice of standout dishes across lunch, evening & Sunday services. We cater for all appetites and dietary restrictions and source our food from local suppliers and flavours from our very own herb garden. However you choose to spend your time with us – individually, with family, friends or as a party – our approachable front-of-house team will make you feel relaxed, safe and very welcome.
Reviewed 7 August 2019 via mobile

I have driven past The Bustard Inn hundreds of time but never visited. I was celebrating my birthday with family and had Sunday lunch. WOW. What a surprise. From the outside the building looks dark. It was a total surprise. The dining room is lovely and light. Beautiful in fact. We had the 2 course lunch which was £22. Not the cheapest place I’ve visited but worth the extra payment. The food was lovely. Service good. Lots of young staff who were helpful and easily available. Definitely on my list to return.

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank Chrismar50
Write a reviewReviews (352)

Reviewed 2 August 2019

Went to the Bustard with a couple of friends for a midweek lunch.
I had never eaten there before but my guess is that I shall eat there again.
I chose the fish n’ chips and everything on the plate was absolutely delicious, including the minted mushy peas (and I don’t like mint ! - but the mint taste was so subtle).
My friends chose the Gnocchi and the Cajun Burger and they each found their meal very tasty and truly enjoyed their lunch.
It was a real treat to eat at the Bustard.

Reviewed 28 July 2019 via mobile

Booked on line at 10 am lovely welcome .as usual food excellent ,service first class , plenty of menu choice. Would recommend to everyone
Thankyou

Reviewed 12 July 2019

Me and my partner won a competition on social media for a 3 course meal and from the minute we arrived we received incredible service. Staff and Lesley herself we so polite and the food was amazing. The atmosphere was great and although we didn’t have to pay for our meal the prices were spot on for the food we received. We will definitely be visiting again.

Reviewed 22 June 2019

Our group of 25 had lunch last Thursday. The food from the gnocchi to the fish and chips to the sticky toffee pudding were outstanding. The staff were welcoming, friendly, efficient and professional. We visited many places in LIncolnshire that day but for many the highlight was lunch at the Bustard.

Date of visit: June 2019