“Excellent Find”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I dont agree with some of the negative reviews on here but each to their own.

I have been working in Sleaford for the last 16 weeks and have tried various places until I stumbled onto Blanchards and have been having lunch for most days (nearly every day) since. I can honestly say it is very good, with excellent service and old world charm (respectful service, good food sourced locally). As its lunch I need my meal quickly which it always is. The homemade ham being particularly good as is the homemade cakes. I even partake in the charity books with some excellent books on offer.

The only drawback is the slightly limited choice but then it is a small cafe and I do eat there nearly everyday. I wish they offer more fish e.g. fish pie and the like and I try and not give in to the homemade cake selection. My only regret when I do is my waistline.

The other great thing is they are happy to try and accommodate variations to their menu if they can and they do fish on a Friday. They also do fantastic high teas which look fabulous.

Excellent choice for good homemade food. I just wish there were more like this in towns and villages instead of the same chains, serving highly processed food with oh so reluctant 'Baristas', degrading queuing systems and inflated prices.

Highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for Blanchards

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Saturday snack before hitting the supermarket for weekly shop! Food great, love the assorted bone china cups and saucers for tea, tastes so much better than mugs! Book exchange great idea and as for the knitted items, well, what a talented lady!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Visited with my son & we both chose the chocolate caramel cake. It was delicious, light & a generous size portion. Lovely coffee too.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Had a wonderful afternoon tea here yesterday! Tasty sandwiches, scones with cream and jam,tea loaf, meringues and gateau....plus huge pot of tea - excellent! And provided boxes to take uneaten cake home!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Called for a snack saturday 9th Nov, 11.45am We ordered paninis mine was cheese and onion with a portion of chips we ordered tea and coffee, the tea and coffee arrived first, a rather large teapot, with some very weak tea, i asked for another tea bag but still didnt get a decent brew. When the pannini and chips arrived, i could see that they were soaked in fat and over cooked, i think they had been twice cooked, as there was no potato left in the middle, just some very greasy scraps. i ate half of the pannini it was cheese with a raw red onion on i have never had a raw salad onion on a hot cheese pannini before. We have been here before and it has been ok, nothing to write home about just ok, I will not be visiting again,when in Sleaford

2  Thank Anne S