“Friendly atmosphere.”

Ranked #13 of 93 Restaurants in Sleaford
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Renovated grade 2 listed windmill in the heart of Sleaford. Serving modern seasonal dishes. Almost all dishes made on the premises by us from raw ingredients. No deep fat fryer, no microwave
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

I moved away from Sleaford recently and apart from friends, this is the only place I miss. I'm not sure what people would consider a long wait but I never have to wait longer than 15 mins and the food is always well worth the wait, is cooked from from fresh and is always mouthwateringly tasty. I can heartily recommend the specialty evenings too. Great food, afriendly atmosphere and reasonably priced too when food is of such a high quality.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

I love the quality of the food here, the ambiance, the owners. I adore the goats cheese baguette with the home made fruit chutney - yum! All the food is of the highest quality. The coffee is outstanding (a rarity in Sleaford!). I want to try one of the themed evenings soon, should be wonderful.

Reviewed 8 January 2013 via mobile

I have eaten at many restaurants around the world and I am hard pressed to think of any at which I've enjoyed the food more. I have been going for lunches and attending their bistro evenings for a couple of years now and John (the chef) never fails to deliver a fantastic taste sensation -especially from his specials menu. The interior is clean and Isola maximises the use of space whilst displaying the work of local artists. The star of the show however, is the food. I am moving house this month and the only thing that will bring me back to Sleaford is the Curio Cafe. I LOVE THIS PLACE.

1  Thank KevRoss51
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I am basing this short review on my experience of popping into the Curio Cafe just for morning coffee and a bite to eat. I haven't had the experience of one of the speciality evenings that are held here.
The experience of sitting down for a coffee inside a very old, very tall windmill, (minus sails), is an enjoyable one. There are several small tables set and service is at the table. The interior is clean and neat. There are curio cabinets filled with various trinkets for sale too.
The homemade Lincolnshire Plum Bread is absolutely yummy, served slightly warm with butter. I liked it that much my wife ordered a loaf for me! Very pleasant way to break the shopping on a Saturday morning, or indeed any morning. Do samplethe plum bread though!

1  Thank RJH1962