“Excellent Value for Money” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Riverside Guest House

Riverside Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sleaford
Riverside Guest House
Ranked #1 of 12 Sleaford B&B and Inns
Lincoln
“Excellent Value for Money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed here whilst working in Sleaford. Riverside is a top quality B&B - well decorated and furnished and spotlessly clean. A very big thank you to Alex who had to put up with me for a long time - nothing was too much trouble and he cooks a stupendous breakfast. That was ample choice of cereals and a do it yourself toaster so you can cook the toast to your liking. It was great to sit in the garden in the evening.I really appreciated the biscuits in my room too! If you are looking for an excellent value B&B in Sleaford within walking distance of the High St and with a friendly welcome then this is the one for you.

Room Tip: Room 5 was my favourite - even though it is not ensuite, the bathroom with a lovely deep bath and se...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alexander L, Owner at Riverside Guest House, responded to this review, 3 August 2015
Many thanks for the review. We hope to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Strangnas, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

A very clean and well decorated B&B with parking, (difficult to park on the street in the area)
And Alec, the owner, are a star! Always helpfull and sorted all our problems!!
The garden area is beatuful, we where using it at breakfast and also for a glass of wine at night
in the hot English summer night!

A B&B well worth the money and a plessure to recomend it to outher guests!
Hope to see you soon in Sleaford, Alec!
I bee Back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
lincoln england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

My husband and I stopped at the riverside on Saturday 5 th July and I can't say enough nice things about it x there's parking to the rear as well as a car park a few yards away x our welcome was warm and friendly and nothing was too much trouble . The room we had no.2 was spotlessly clean as was the en suite and the bed really comfortable . Breakfast the following morning was first class with choice of cereals and juice and pop as much toast in the machine as you wanted . We had a full English with real Lincolnshire sausage ,3 bacon, beans, tomatoes, eggs and all freshly cooked . I will defiantly go back here and would recommend to anyone looking for a small cosy and very reasonable stay .

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We recently stayed for 2 nights in Room 1. As Alex the owner told us when we booked, it is small but it has everything you need, it's furnished well, it's very comfortable (we had 2 very good nights sleep) and it is spotlessly clean, as is the whole building. We had 2 superb breakfasts and Alex and his team were very friendly and helpful, they even found me a bottle opener for my beer, when I was sitting in the very nice courtyard one evening. We will cerainly be staying there again and we would definitely recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Small guesthouse near the centre of town. The place is not much to look at from the outside but inside everything is spotless and well maintained. Service by Alex, the owner, was perfect as was his home-cooked English breakfast - accompanied by the first proper cup of coffee since I arrived in th UK! Garden/ patio looks quite nice. Would be even better if guestd could get a key to enter it at all times though.
I stayed in room 1, which is the smallest one. Not too much space to move around but everything's there: flatscreen TV, wifi, bathroom with excellent shower, and a water heater to brew a cuppa.
If you plan on staying in or if you are here for a longer period, a larger might better suit your needs. For me, on my own and in for business for a few days, this was perfect.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Arthur R
Manchester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is a good guest house but its not very busy and so the service reflects it. The biggest problem is there is no parking and all the roads/streets are very busy besides, the road it is on (although tight and narrow) is one of the main roads through Sleaford.

Room I'd stayed in was very small for a double (and I was on my own), it was difficult to get round the bed, with no space for luggage and one chair and no wardrobe/drawers to hang clothes etc. Getting at electrical sockets is also quite hard. Bathroom is equally small and tight but well decorated with a not so powerful electric shower (no bath). If there are two of you then I wouldn't recommend the room I was in (no1), also it faces the road and so noisy. Small flat screen TV and good wifi.

Breakfast is self serve except the fully english which was very good.

Cheap and cheerful and very clean, so if you dont have a car and you dont mind small room then it is ideal.

Note one drawback is the breakfast room is locked (opened at request) so if you want somewhere to sit then its a bit of a chore. Additionally the garden is via the breakfast room, so access is difficult.

Would I stay again? Yes but I prefer others in the area

Room Tip: Negotiate, it is not very busy during the week but full at weekends
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Alexander L, Owner at Riverside Guest House, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Guest, always delighted to receive valued feedback from my guests as building up new business this is imperative and I thank you for the positive comments regarding cleanliness & breakfast but I feel you have been extremely unfair regarding the negative comments received.

Guesthouse has parking for 3 cars which accommodated your car on all 8 nights you stayed. I apologise for the unfortunate circumstances out with my control on your exit being blocked on the last evening of your stay.

I ensured every night on your return from work that the dining room and garden was accessible to you , which you used.

Accepted Room 1 is the smallest room but extremely fair rates reflect this, their is adequate hanging rail and a 3 drawer cabinet. You were offered another room but declined.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Great welcome and fantastic breakfast. Room was small but we knew it would be - bonus was that I could stay in bed to make our morning cuppa! Good value when you consider the local travel lodge was the same price without the breakfast. There are larger rooms for slightly more money but we were very happy with our choice and would recommend this place. We would visit again if we are in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nigel C
Many thanks for the review. We hope to see you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sleaford
Belton Woods Hotel
#2 of 12 in Sleaford
The Tally Ho Inn
The Tally Ho Inn
#1 of 1 in Aswarby

Been to Riverside Guest House? Share your experiences!