“Great atmosphere, excellent value and friendly staff”
Review of Packhorse Inn

Packhorse Inn
Ranked #31 of 93 Restaurants in Sleaford
Reviewed 14 August 2015

We have visited The Packhorse on numerous occasions and have never been disappointed. The drinks are good value as are the well cooked meals which are always piping hot. Our last visit was on a Wednesday for Chicken night and I can thoroughly recommend the chicken skewers, served with piri piri sauce.

Abby H, Manager at Packhorse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2015

Hi there,
Thank you for such a lovely review! Im extremely pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your visits with us. The skewers are a personal favourite too!! Thanks again!

Reviewed 26 July 2015

There's nothing worse than trying to enjoy your meal with hyper kids charging all around you. When this pub first opened in the mid 90s, there was a specific designated family area for people with children and any children out of that area were kindly pointed back into their designated zone by a member of staff. Unfortunately it seems that now the whole pub is one big family area. I respect that it is up to the parents to control their little darlings but surely bringing back the designated family dining area would help to combat this? The food and drink is always good value for money here but the relaxed kids policy is letting it down.

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback. Like all JD Wetherspoon outlets we run a family friendly venue to ensure that whole families can come and enjoy their visits. you are right that many years ago as a company we did operate designated family areas - but this was in play before the smoking ban so that children could be seated in the non-smoking areas. Since then we have relaxed this to ensure that all of our customers feel welcome and on the whole it rarely causes any problems. I do understand your point of view, of course it depends how busy we are as to how quiet the pub is, but the only time we would not welcome under 18s in our pubs is after 21:00 due to licensing restrictions. Feel free to pop in and discuss this further with me if you would like to. Thank you again for your comments.
Kind regards
Abby.

Reviewed 30 June 2015

I had a traditional breakfast this morning. It was served very quickly and was hot and filling. It was also good value for what you got.

Hi there,
Thank you for your feedback, its always good to hear positive comments, Im very pleased that you enjoyed your visit!
Thanks again

Reviewed 30 May 2015 via mobile

We came in for breakfast, it was not at all busy, and I can see why now, ordering was fine, I explained my food allergies at this point and requested certain things to be left off, so when the food arrived is was not happy to see that this had been ignored, I explained to the server and the food was sent back, I asked for it to be recooked, when it returned in under a minute I could see they had only removed the items from the plate, needless to say I won't risk my health to eat here again.

Abby H, Manager at Packhorse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2015

Hi there, I am so sorry to hear your comments about your visit on Saturday morning. We have spent time training all of our employees on dealing with allergens so I am particularly sad to hear of the poor service you received and I have taken time to discuss your comments with the team to ensure that this never happens again.
If you would like to come in to discuss this matter further I would fully appreciate the opportunity to apologise to you in person and would like to offer you and a guest a complimentary breakfast to show that we can get it right and that the service and standards at The Packhorse are absolutely better than what you encountered during your visit.
Hope to hear from you soon
Kind regards

Reviewed 24 April 2015

Must say that this Weatherspoons is probably one of the best in the chain. Abby and the new management team nothing is to much trouble for them. Whether you want a bite to eat or just calling in for a coffee / beer the service there now is absolutely fantastic and the staff have so much time for the customers its unreal, Would highly recommend this place ti anyone

Abby H, Manager at Packhorse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2015

Hello,
Thank you very much for your review, it is always helpful to hear feedback from our customers but a pleasure to read such nice comments. Im genuinly delighted that you enjoy your visits to our pub so much, and I hope you continue to do so!
thanks again