“Very Nice Saturday Lunch”
Review of The Bay Horse Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Bay Horse Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Winteringham B&B and Inns
Sheffield, UK
“Very Nice Saturday Lunch”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Visited The Bay Horse for Saturday Lunch on 31st May. The pub had been newly refurbished since my last visit & has a fresh feel to it. It has a restaurant side as well as the bar side but you feel comfy eating in either side. There is a varied menu with some large steaks & there was an extensive specials board on the day. The young lady on the bar was friendly, attentive & very efficient, coming back to check that everything was ok with my meal which it most certainly was. I had potato skins with cheese, salad dressing & garlic mayo sauce for a starter. It was a larger than the average portion & was so well presented I commented to staff it was a work of art. It tasted as nice as it looked. For main, I had woodland chicken which was a chicken breast stuffed with bacon & pate and drizzled in a cream & red wine sauce - gorgeous ! I've probably been to The Bay Horse half a dozen times now & have always been happy with my experience but this one was the best yet. I'll certainly be back !

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Dutton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed here when visiting Winteringham Fields the other week. Check in was efficient, but it was obvious that the room hadn't been decorated in eons. Venerable bathroom suite further testimony to this. Barely enough room to swing a cat.

I could have lived with the room's shortcomings were it not for the blaring racket that kept us awake until 1am Saturday night/Sunday morning. Yes, the rooms are above a noisy pub, but I didn't expect my ears to be bleeding by a cacaphony of approximately a million decibels when trying to get some shut-eye.

We declined the offer of a cooked breakfast for £8 ahead, which is a rip off, and instead went to a transport cafe on the M180 which served the dirtiest, greasiest, most delicious fully cooked known to man.

If you are going to Winteringham Fields then do yourself a favour and fork out the extra £100 to stay in one of their rooms. I felt £50 was expensive for this accommodation, given what's on offer here (i.e. basically someone's spare room above a massively-noisy boozer).

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Adam-Gould
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My wife and I joined a local resident for a very nice experience.

Food was excellent all of us having a sirloin steak, each cooked differently and all to perfection.

The staff were very friendly and the ambience was good.

We will certainly return

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank David M
N Lincs
Reviewed 9 May 2012

The Bay Horse is a simple pub in the middle of Winteringham. The staff are always v friendly, once we arrived early on a long walk and they opened early so we could get out of the weather. Range of real ales. Food is simple and generally v good. The steak night is particularly good value, steak and chips for 2 and a carafe of wine - £10. The steak is local and very good.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ljrNLincs
lincolnshire, england
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Great pub, lovely food, friendly staff we had the steak and bottle of wine good value the steak was cooked to perfection. I even had a sweet that was not on the menu. Great service.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank moli25

Been to The Bay Horse Inn? Share your experiences!