“Enjoyable” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Winteringham B&B and Inns
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Our room was in the main building and was certainly comfortable with appealingly traditional decor but with benefits such as spa bath.

It is hard to be critical of WF, the staff are pleasant, efficient and knowledgeable. The standards are very high and we look forward to staying and dining again.

Can restaurant staff be too efficient? We had the taster menu and enjoyed the whole experience but I would suggest that the kitchen somehow slows down the evening. There are a lot of delicious tastes but they followed in such quick succession that there was barely time to appreciate the previous dish before the next arrived.

A moan. The room rate makes it clear that a cooked breakfast is extra -£18 as I recall. With a bill of several hundred pounds it just seems a bit tardy - better to hide it in the room rate. This is rural Lincolnshire not Royal Berkshire.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dazler01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

We had the surprise tasting menu and every course was fantastic. This was our second visit and I must admit Whilst I enjoyed my food first tine round I thought the food even better this time. The carrot juice was like no carrots I've ever tasted before, how can carrots taste this good? This should be bottled and sold, it's like liquid gold!

I was delighted that Colin's winning started from the great British menu was served, this was stunning. I won't list each course as I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise for you, but all I can say is its worth every penny. I'm looking forward to going again for the winter menu.

There is a vast wine menu, with some exceptional wines at exceptional prices, we choice a £50 Barolo which was delicious.

Our room was stunning it had its own patio which unfortunately due to the bad weather we didn't use, but one for a summer evening. The room had a beautiful bathroom, including a high tech tv.

If I was being over critical there are two things I would expect from this standard of establishment that I didn't get and both are connected to the room not the restaurant. Firstly, pre bought packet biscuits on the coffee tray, I think was a tad cheap in a £200 room. Personally I would have preferred home made or none at all. (Very picky I know, but the yorke arms provide this, And I think wf is in that league) Secondly fresh milk kept in a small flask not uht!

Lovely night, fantastic food cannot wait to come back!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Nr Doncaster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

I was treated to a wonderful experience at Winteringham Fields by my Husband, it was an absolute joy, would love to do it again, the staff were wonderful. My only tiny criticism would be I think it could maybe do with some back ground music, as I felt everyone was whispering so as not to be overheard, but thats all. Overall loved it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

I could have sworn I had written a review immediately but it seems not to have posted or to have been removed.

We went on August 31st to (belatedly) celebrate our 51th wedding anniversary with another couple.

It was practically perfect in every way. We had the Lunch Taster Menu. It was delicious. The service was attentive but not oppressive and knowledgeable without being patronising. We had a good time.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the Harlequin suite and dined at the restaurant in Sept. We ate the surprise eight course taster menu which I was quite nervous about (in case they served me up offal or black pudding) but even the things I thought I wouldn't like (such as horseradish) were amazing. The restaurant is a 16th century coaching inn, so full of rabbit warren like twists and turns and this adds to the restaurant's uniqueness. The dining room we were in was first class with a viewing gallery into the kitchen which was so interesting. You can see it all. It had quite a story tale feel like you were in Alice in Wonderland but that is the experience they were trying to create. I won't spoil the surprise but some top notch food, and I would go again and guarantee you'll eat everything put in front of you.

Stayed September 2013
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We got an amazing deal as a "friend of Winteringham Fields" through subscribing to their site. Decided to take advantage of this offer and celebrate a birthday here, and we did not regret it. Check in was a lovely 2pm, allowing us to get there early, chill out a bit before our evening meal, including some time in the jacuzzi. The room was fabulous. Excellent size. Plenty of storage space. Beautiful decor. Really made the weekend special. And the service was amazing. Our towels were replaced and the room tidied up a bit while we were out for our meal, even the sheets were turned back and the curtains closed. We really felt like special guests. We live fairly locally, but if you can stay over, then do. The rooms are great, and it gives you a chance to relax and really enjoy the wine list. Check out is a very generous 11.30am, so you really get to enjoy the room without rushing around.

Room Tip: The lady on reception was very helpful. I would imagine all the rooms are great, even the cheaper on...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
bottesfordtown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

We arrived at Winteringham Fields for the reception of my best friends daughter's wedding and were welcomed by a lovely lady who explained what was happening and when the bride and groom arrived we could follow them in, the premises is so quirky and different. It was a lovely touch that Colin was there to greet all the guests, Pimms on arrival, we absolutely loved the very different courses served, Loved the fact that we could see the kitchen and watch the chef's preparing the different courses.

Not only did the chef and staff provide the loveliest of food and wine, Colin presented 'the most beautiful wedding cake' ever, the menu was catered around the Bride's gluten intolerance, and Colin I have to say the cake was a work of art,

We had the best time and nothing was too much trouble for the staff, they were fab, Colin you did the bride and groom proud, the whole day was just such an experience. thank you xx

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank willbottesfordtown
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winteringham
Beverley Tickton Grange Hotel
#1 of 1 in North Ferriby
Ashbourne Hotel
Ashbourne Hotel
#1 of 1 in North Killingholme

Been to Winteringham Fields? Share your experiences!