It was our first visit to the Yorkshire Dales and what a pleasant surprise we found at The Traddouw. The staff was very helpful from the minute we arrived. They upgraded us to a large room then booked without even asking. The owner assisted in carrying the luggage up to our room where we discovered his association with Southern Africa where we come from (he was born and raised there and still looks fondly upon that time). A tranquil and relaxing place. The dinner was excellent, nice wine selection and a cozy environment. Breakfast was fabulous, a great way to start the day. So much so that we booked an additional night even though we had to down size to much smaller room due to previous bookings. The staff could not have been more helpful with directions and sights to visit. Overall it was a wonderful stay and a great place to see all the Yorkshire Dales from. Will gladly recommend this place to those visiting the area, one of the best during our 10 day stay in the UK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our cozy hotel is renowned for its charm and friendliness. Surrounded by the breathtaking scenery of the Yorkshire Dales National Park, it is the perfect base for walking the 'Three Peaks' or the Wainwright walk to Crummackdale from our front door. We work hard at informality and subtle attention as we feel this is the best way to ensure your relaxation and tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Ebookers so you can book your The Traddock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Traddock Hotel Settle
- Traddock Hotel Austwick
- The Traddock Austwick, Yorkshire