Stayed in the Beech VIP Lodge, number 52 with a hot tub. Quick check in but can't gain access until 4pm. Very impressed with our real log cabin, although not all lodges are wood but prefabricated posh caravans. Our lodge had all the mod cons I.e. Double oven, microwave, large fridge freezer and even a dishwasher and washing machine. Plenty of crockery etc..... Bathrobes and slippers and large towels for use in the hot tub. Welcome pack on arrival of small loaf of bread and a pint of milk, some tea, coffee and sugar and a small bottle of olive oil for cooking. A cleaning pack which consisted of, scourer, dishcloth, black sack and a small washing up liquid. There were even a few dishwasher tablets but no soap powder for washing machine. A tea towel and oven glove were provided. The only thing we found missing was the instructions on how to use the oven which was quite frustrating at times. Very surprised to find that there wasn't a 2 pin socket for shavers/electric toothbrushes and had to scour the local shops to buy one (great shop in Richmond where we found an adaptor for £1). There are no shops locally to purchase food so best to take with you. Nearest Tesco was at Catterick Garrison approx 11 miles away. The hot tub was great and once in very private but getting in and out wasn't so private so would have liked a bit more privacy. Would return for a weekend break in a heartbeat. Some quaint little villages nearby and the waterfalls are a must. Would highly recommend a real log cabin for a break. Forgot to add no phone signal and wifi can only be obtained from the reception area. Can't commend on the restaurant food as we didn't use it, the only reason for this is that it isn't dog friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westholme Estate is an exclusive selection of contemporary; log built, leisure lodges, nestled within a sensitively landscaped estate deep in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. Phase 1 consists of 4 lodge styles; each model is fully equipped and furnished offering superior levels of elegance and comfort. Westholme Estate provides you and your family with the opportunity to escape from the everyday world, whenever you desire, to your own secluded holiday home set amongst some of the finest scenery nature has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Westholme Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westholme Estate Hotel Aysgarth
- Westholme Estate Aysgarth, Yorkshire