“Top Draw - Again!”
Review of Crab Manor Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Asenby
Crab Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Asenby
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Top Draw - Again!”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

This is such a great place! This was our 2nd visit. Stopped in the Ruka Lodge. Very private, very comfortable. Hot tub fantastic. Service was great. Food in the restaurant is awesome! There's normally something you can say that they can improve but there isn't. Just look at how booked up they are. If there was anything I would change it would be the chance to get in you room earlier (3pm) because you want to get the most out of your stay. Also I'm not a great fan of Fosters which is what I think the free beer tap is but you can't complain about "Free Beer!!!". Absolutely perfect!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
yorkshire
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

Just returned home after a one nights stay here.
We had heard so much about it and we're so excited to stay and it was so good!
We stayed in the bardola lodge,WOW!!!!!!
It was our first wedding anniversary so it was a special visit and I'm still in awe of how wonderful it was.
Food was fantastic, I have never eaten fish before so I thought I would be adventurous and tried the queenie scallops with gruyere cheese and breadcrumbs.
Simply divine!!!!!
I had the venison for main and this just melted in my mouth.
My husband had lobster spring rolls, which I also tried, delicious and the smoked haddock for mains.
Staff were so nice and helpful,and I was worried with it being a nice place that it may not welcome young couples as much as older but I was wrong.
We didn't feel uncomfortable at all.
The lodge was so romantic and the hot tub, well we wanted to bring that home.
We will go back and we hope to stay in another fantastic room and get our passport stamped!!!
We also found the magic beer tap.
We are excited about going back even though not sure when we will be able to.
As this could just be our little place of heaven.
Thank you so much!!!!!!!

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Millymolly1986
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Fantastic experience from arrival at this Hotel to our departure, amazing from the pub/restaurant, with singing duo in the afternoon, to the Manor House reception, you will find the hidden free beer tap in the hall!, a walk through the lovely grounds, then onto our log cabin, Fabulous. Stayed for our wedding anniversary in the Ruka Lodge outside log cabin total luxury could live in one of these the year round, amazing with hot tub under the eve's outside, pure bliss, pure luxury. Ate in the restaurant in the evening, booking in advance advised, French theme, fabulous food cannot fault it, maybe the the drinks are a bit pricey !, but we did have our own champagne and vino to enjoy whilst in the hot tub. First class breakfast next morning. A fantastic place to stay for a special occasion you must try it, but you have to plan it early as it's so good it's booked up year round. Recommended,The Best Hotel experience ever.

Room Tip: Log cabins are Bliss
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank toniarob
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Me and my partner stayed in the Ruka lodge as a birthday present. The lodge was absolute heaven: spacious, modern and clean. The jacuzzi was an absolute treat even in the cold month of January and it was lovely to be sat outside during winter. Dinner at the Crab and Lobster was stunning. The selection of seafood available was amazing, and the quality of the food superb. We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Sunderland, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We returned to Crab Manor a year on from our previous visit to celebrate our wedding anniversary and my birthday in style. It never disappoints.

It is such a relaxing place and so quirky. Within minutes of arriving we were soaking in the hot tub, with a cool drink in hand.

We stayed in the Burj Al Arab room, which was large and so nicely decorated. The bed was so comfortable too. All of the rooms have a different theme. I managed to have a glance in Turnberry as well - very Scottish as you would imagine.

The restaurant has a French feel and a number of the staff are from France. The evening meal came with an accompaniment of old French songs, including Edith Piaf singing La Vie En Rose!

The Crab and Lobster stands out for its fabulous food. I had mussels in curry sauce to start and the hit from the curry and the fresh coriander was fantastic. I followed that up with a plate of different types of fish which was lovely. Mini fish and chips, sword fish, salmon in filo pastry etc.

There's plenty of choice for vegetarians as well. I was left speechless when the waiter delivered sweet - a plate of mini cakes and puddings which were devoured. It was a sharing plate. There must have been about 10 different things on there.

The bill came to around £100 for a couple and it was worth every penny. The perfect place for a special occasion.

The breakfasts are first rate as well - if you still have room after the evening meal the night before. Loads of choice.

And before we left we had a nice stroll through the leafy grounds.

This is a hidden gem and I suggest if you want to celebrate a birthday or anniversary in style then give it a visit.

Room Tip: I think you would struggle to find a bad room here in all honesty. It is not that sort of place.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Martin E
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

We booked the hotel for one night as a birthday treat for my wife. We were greeted in the car park then shown around the main building which is really quirky especially the hidden panel in the hall which gives access to the complimentary beer tap. The hotel and the restaurant are wonderful. The attention from the staff is remarkable. The best hotel experience we have ever had.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2013

What a fabulous night.Stayed in a outside lodge with sauna and outside hot tub.Used the Crab and Lobster which is a regular haunt of our families for all our special occasions.This was extra special.It was great after our family left we retired to our room and used the facilities to the full.I even got up early as we had to leave early anyway, to use the tub and sauna for a second time. I laid in the tub in the rain and thoroughly enjoyed it. The accomodation was very different but comfortable and very clean.Loved it loved it highly recommend to anyone wanting something a little different a good place for romance.Will be using again.

Room Tip: If you want a little extra space the outside rooms seem to be the larger.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Asenby
The Angel at Topcliffe Hotel
The Old Deanery
The Old Deanery
#2 of 5 in Ripon
The Grand Hotel & Spa

Been to Crab Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!