“Very Special”
Review of Crab Manor Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Asenby
Crab Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Asenby
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Stayed in Sharrow Bay, which is probably the largest room in the Manor, with sitting area and on the ground floor, good for oldies like us !!! very pleasant staff. Gardens etc during the summer must be lovely.
Had dinner in the Crab and Lobster a short walk down steps from the Manor, staff excellent and especially Anka, did their best to help with dietary needs ( medical not one of these fads) food excellent and reasonable wine list, not cheap but acceptable.
The biggest disappointment were other guests using their phones, there were even two couples sitting opposite each other using them, obviously they are unable to talk to each other,one even asked a member of the staff to plug their phone in to boost it, I was delighted the request was politely turned down. I do believe that the C and L would not loose any custom if they banned phones at all tables. Surely people can do without them for a couple of hours while they eat.
We will definitely be going back as it is a good stop off going south from Scotland, hopefully with different guests in the Crab and Lobster.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Crab Manor Hotel

Reviewed 6 October 2013

We visited Crab Manor (and the Crab & Lobster) for my Dad's 60th and I can't think of a better place than this to suit what was a very special occasion.

We stayed in the beautifully presented "Mount Nelson" room which came complete with a four poster bed and a luxurious wood panelled bathroom. The suite was very comfortable, spotlessly clean, immaculately decorated and overlooked the quiet courtyard to the rear of the manor house. The little added extras like the complimentary Yorkshire crisps and Molton Brown toiletries were also really nice touches. My parents stayed in the "Burj Al-Arab" room which was similarly impressive but I have to confess that I preferred the Mount Nelson.

The staff were all very helpful, attentive and friendly which made for a welcoming experience. When I asked for an iron it was brought up to the room more or less immediately and when we wanted to use the hot tub the staff were more than happy to take off the cover and fire it up for us.

Canapes and drinks are served in the hotel lounge from around 7 until 8. These little appetisers were a great warm up before our meal at the Crab & Lobster and helped set the atmosphere for the evening.

The concept behind Crab Manor could easily have made this place tacky and kitsch but the tribute hotel theme is executed brilliantly and with plenty of taste. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is wanting somewhere to stay for a special occasion. Our stay was a unique experience and one that I would love to repeat again soon!

Oh yes and there's also the small matter of the hidden free beer tap...

Room Tip: As we've only visited the hotel once I can't compare the various rooms but I would recommend...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the newly built 'Bellagio' room. It was beautiful and opulent and we had a huge bath and walk in shower. Outside we had our own provate couryard and jacuzzi, bliss. The service from reception staff to waiters was excellent and would definitely return again (we have previously stayed in 'the Raffles' room but found The Ballagio more private.)
We had an evening meal in the restaurant which was delicious and breakfast this morning was superb. Only wish check in was earlier and check out a bit later so we could spend more time in that hot tub!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank bugs04
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We visited Crab Manor for our 1st Wedding Anniversary and stayed in Sharrow Bay. The hotel and it's grounds were lovely and staff very helpful. Canapés were served in the hotel and we headed down to the Crab and Lobster for our evening meal, which was faultless - Hidden tap a plus! The only downsides being that the room was situated on the ground floor (limited privacy with the communal hot tub/sauna being located outside), there was no shower and the room was unbearably hot (the fan didn't provided didn't really help and little sleep was had for this reason). All in all a lovely stay, would definitely stay again but would probably choose a different room.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I stayed in The Ritz room for one night when in the area for work and loved it! Such a change from the usual hotel with quirky and unusual features while remaining luxurious. And as for the staff..... Amazing. So friendly and helpful and welcoming. I had to leave early the next morning before breakfast started so they sent me up a continental breakfast before I left. I can't wait to find an excuse to return!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank rkavanagh
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Birthday treat for my Husband end of July 2013. First thought on arrival... Beautiful.. The restaurant at front of road was picturesque and hotel the same.. Stayed in a cabin with outside hottub... Free beer was really nice touch.. Sat outside in sun enjoying the lovely surroundings. Sooo relaxing.. Went for pre dinner drinks which could do with bit more atmosphere but still enjoyable. The meal in Crab and Lobster was really good.. Our cabin gates literally on restaurant outside eating area.. One final free beer before a midnight hottub experience.. Perfect... Was expensive and will be a while before we consider again but loved every minute.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tish R
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My husband took me to Crab Manor for my 65th birthday as a surprise and oh what a surprise. We stayed in Raffles, a very dark and dismal room outside the back door of the Manor and looking onto the staff car park so no nice views of the gardens. The hot tub was o.k. but nothing exceptional and the sauna in the bathroom was a waste of space, personally we would have preferred a shower. The room was very spacious but extremely cluttered & there were too many empty champagne bottles on dusty shelves for our liking (a cleaners nightmare). Plus side the bed was extremely comfortable. We had dinner in the Crab & Lobster - the food was good but the surroundings were uncomfortable claustrophobic with so much dusty clutter. Breakfast was the best part of our stay. There are nicer places in North Yorkshire to stay for £240 per night.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Asenby
The Angel at Topcliffe Hotel
The Old Deanery
#2 of 5 in Ripon
Feversham Arms Hotel & Verbena Spa
Swinton Park Country Club and Spa

Been to Crab Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!