“Another great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crab Manor Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Asenby
Crab Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Asenby
Yorkshire
“Another great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

I booked two rooms for a birthday treat for my Dad - Ritz and Sharrow bay. Rooms were lovely and my parents liked the extra space in Sharrow bay. Dinner as usual was the highlight. Special thanks to the lovely Alex and Chef who were considerate and diligent to ensure the food allergy issues we highlighted were considered. The service was efficient and professional.

We all look forward to returning again and getting more stamps in our passports.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

This was our first overnight stay since getting married there 4 years ago and what a wonderful time we had. Realizing that we had 3 stamps on our Crab & Lobster passport the first question we were asked was "Would you like your champagne in your room or the Hot tub?". We stopped in Sharrow Bay, which had been redecorated since our last visit, there is also some new accomodation which has been built in the well maintained grounds and these blend in to the surroundings and provide more themed rooms. The food quality has not changed and it is no wonder they have received so many accolades.

Room Tip: The rooms are all themed on famous hotels so no two are the same. Some have private hot tubs (these...
middlesbrough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

We have just returned from a stay in the Bora Bora themed room, which is accessed by a spiral staircase. The staff here are welcoming and friendly, our room was spotless and beautiful. There is a lovely range of complimentary snacks and drinks as well as the molten brown toiletries The hobtub was amazing, even though it was a cold and wet January day. Our meal in the restaurant was outstanding as it always has been when we have visited in the past. As a special birthday treat for my husband we could have come away happier with our stay.

Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

My husband and I visit this hotel every year for our anniversary, staying in one of the rooms with private hot tub. It truly is a special place. When we visited in October 2013, our hot tub broke. We were given a discount off of the bill which we were happy with. Within a week of arriving home, we received a letter from the hotel apologising and they also gave us a voucher for a free overnight stay which is valid for a year! Excellent customer service that goes above and beyond. A stay here isn't complete without a meal in the crab and lobster restaurant. Breakfast is included and there is plenty of choice.

Room Tip: Pay a little bit more and choose a room with a private hot tub
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
North York Moors National Park, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

We stayed in the villa serbelloni room and the overall standard was very impressive- even down to the complimentary snacks! The decor is so beautifully hand painted and we loved the huge bathroom. Very elegantly done and the location being away from the main buildings suited us and meant we had a very peaceful nights sleep.
The private hot tub was a very relaxing way to finish a lovely night away.
We had dinner and breakfast in the crab and lobster restaurant- a very interesting and quirky place! Food was okay and the staff were attentive yet not imposing.
It certainly wasn't a cheap stay, but worth the money for a special occasion and we will definitely return to explore a different room!

Room Tip: Push the boat out and go for one with a private hot tub! Villa serbelloni and bellagio were quite of...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
redcar
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Went to stay as a special gift from my children for my 50th birthday. I had been before and raved about it and so was expecting a very special time. First impressions were favourable, the room was lovely. We went for our evening meal and it was so disappointing. I ordered prawn cocktail, it was ok nothing special, the prawn toast was just so greasy it was dreadful. The main course was duck with stir fry veg, my first mouthful was so salty it made me physically sick and I had to spit it out, very very embarrassing in a restaurant, the duck was ok but the garnish and vegetables were inedible. I had no option but to complain. It was taken away, the waiter returned and told me that both he and the chef had tasted it and agreed it was very salty. Giving the excuse that they had changed their soy sauce so that was why it was salty. I was amazed as for a restaurant with a high reputation I would expect the chef tastes the food before sending it out. I was asked if I wanted to choose something else, but my husband had his meal, I didn't want to wait too long and also had felt sick so requested something light, was offered fish cakes, they came with some chips, were ok but not outstanding. My husband had the fish platter, it again could only be described as ok, disappointing. We went back to our room, later we couldn't sleep as the room was too hot and we couldn't alter the temperature. We couldn't open window or door as we couldn't switch the hot tub off, we were unable to get in touch with reception as nobody answered the phone. Next morning we did not receive the early call we had been offered and requested, as a consequence we missed breakfast also. When we went to settle the bill, the receptionist did apologise and didn't charge for breakfast. We had been charged for my fish cakes which my husband refused to pay for. We outlined our complaints and the receptionist did agree that we had been let down by two departments. She said that we would probably receive a follow up phone call. After a couple of weeks we hadn't received any communication. I sent in an email complaint. The response was wholly shockingly inadequate, considering that it cost £250 for the experience of a very poor meal, disturbed sleep and no breakfast. My children had saved hard to give me an extra special treat and this hotel and restaurant ruined my gift. I got a very brief email apology from the managing director, which basically thanked me for my feedback and my comments would be taken on board. Certainly not enough to win me back as a customer and prevent me telling as many people I can about my terrible experience.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank carolyn-green
Newcastle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

This was our second visit to Crab Manor, this time on a special boxing day rate.
We selected the Burj Al Arab room and we weren't disappointed. We were greeted by friendly and professional reception staff and a helpful porter who showed us to our room and explained the hotel facilities to us.
Despite it being a cold and drab December day, we opted to spend some time in the sauna and hot tub, which was a great way to start our stay.
The room was beautiful, the bed comfortable and we took the opportunity to try our the roll top bath before canapés and drinks in the main lounge.
This is a beautiful hotel, filled with curious, historical objects from around the world, which add to the charming character of the place.

Whilst the rooms are expensive, especially the outdoor suites, this is a lovely venue for a special occasion.
We hope to be able to come back soon.

Room Tip: The outdoor suites have their own hot tubs and some have saunas too.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Asenby
Rudding Park Hotel
The Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa
The Grand Hotel & Spa
Feversham Arms Hotel & Verbena Spa
Middlethorpe Hall & Spa

Been to Crab Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!