“Cracking customer service at Crathorne Hall Hotel”

Crathorne Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Crathorne
Whitley Bay
“Cracking customer service at Crathorne Hall Hotel”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This is how customer service should be! From arriving at the car park until leaving the hotel, the service received from every single staff member that we encountered was a delight and should be a copy-book for others to follow. Staff were aware that we were visiting for a special occasion and could not have done more to make our stay an unforgettable experience and one that we definitely wish to experience again. We were booked in on a bed, breakfast and evening meal deal but also took advantage of the afternoon tea which was thoroughly enjoyable, particularly the freshly made scones which were just yummy and, topped with lashings of cream and jam, definitely not for those counting the calories! Superb service, lovely location, fab food and attractive accommodation . . . . . . . . what more could one want?

Room Tip: Upgrade to executive!
1 Thank LadyDon
Peter L, General Manager at Crathorne Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Lady Don

Thank you for the wonderful feedback regarding your recent experience at Crathorne Hall.

Your very kind comments says it all and I could not add to what you have wrote.

I will pass your thanks on to my staff and I hope others reading your review will find it very helpful and will come along and enjoy our friendly service and high standards we like to offer to all our guests.

Best Wishes

Peter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Harlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Recently spent three nights at Crathorne Hall on a 'bed and breakfast' basis.

From the very first interaction with the receptionist upon our arrival and throughout the short break, our overwhelming perception of the 'staff' awareness to customer service, was outstanding!

Breakfast was of a superb quality in what was a relaxed and superb environment.

We also thoroughly enjoyed the 'Sunday Lunch' package, which included good portions at a very reasonable price.

The room was warm and large (if a tad dark) and included all the necessary accoutrements.

Whilst the 'wine' was not cheap, we were delighted with the 'quality' and felt completely revitalised after a difficult and demanding couple of months.

If you want/need a short break, give it a go, I doubt that you will be disappointed!

Room Tip: We had the 'military' bedroom.
Dear The Assessor

It was a real pleasure to have you stay at Crathorne Hall for 3 nights.

The feedback you gave was really kind and it was great to read that you enjoyed our 'outstanding service', superb breakfasts and our lovely Sunday lunches.

Staying over in a hotel for 3 nights can be testing for any hotel as guests get to know the staff and service very well so I was pleased that we passed with flying colours from your point of view.

I have passed on your comments to my staff who are pleased you enjoyed your staff and I hope we will get to welcome you back in the near future or alternatively why not try another of our other Hand Picked Hotels within the UK.

kind regards

Middlesbrough
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My friend and I visited here for cream tea on a Sunday as we felt like something different, we arrived and a lovely man showed us to the lounge where we would be eating and said someone would be with us shortly, the man who was thought to be the manager came over and asked if we wanted out cream tea now but we didn't however he didn't offer us any drinks or anything and just walked off, a lovely girl who was brilliant through out called Olivia? Got us some drinks and looked after us throughout the afternoon she was lovely, we asked for out cream tea and I was shocked at the size of the scones!! I thought it was for one person when it came but was for 2, the plain scones were a little bit bigger than a tea light candle and the fruit scones weren't much bigger either, but they tasted okay, we won't be going back here again for that maybe a meal and hope to expect more.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ashley-x89
Peter L, General Manager at Crathorne Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Ashley x-89

Thank you for your comments regarding your cream tea at Crathorne Hall and I was delighted to note that you had great service with my team.

Appreciate your point about our lovely scones that are homemade at the hotel and I can confirm that the scones meassure 60mm and a tea light candle meassures 35mm.

This is the average in any hotel for a scone and this is the first time such a point has been raised so i will continue to check the size and I might even have to try one or two!

Crathorne Hall also has an excellent Full Afternoon Tea which can be enhanced with a chilled glass of champagne for those special moments in life!

I hope we will have the opportunity to invite you back at another time.

kind regards

Southport
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stayed at Crathorne Hall for a weekend away with friends, taking advantage of the champagne special offer. We discovered a delightful Edwardian country house hotel in an estate setting with extensive grounds to explore. It was a shame, however, to see once grand glasshouses fenced off and being allowed to fall into disrepair. These could be both a feature (think of the greenhouses at Chatsworth) and a source of fresh produce for the kitchen.

The rooms were totally modernised to a high standard and very comfortable. Dinner in the restaurant was excellent, though breakfast was slightly disappointing due to the lack of certain key ingredients. Though there was an extensive list of choices on the menu, the full English came with mushroom in lieu of black pudding, eggs Benedict with bacon instead of ham (we were advised of this when ordering) and what should have been Hollandaise sauce was devoid of any flavour.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Visited Crathorne Hall Hotel earlier today Tuesday 11th March, arrived at 2.15pm and had afternoon tea booked for 2.30pm, was ushered into the Lounge by a rather abrupt and discurtious female member of staff, who took our order at 2.20pm, i asked for the wine list which appeared 10 mintes later, i feared the worst!!! However another member of staff now took over his name was Antonio, he made my wife a cosmopolitian cocktail and served us our afternoon tea, he was courteous, efficent and professional "well done young man!!" I ventured to reception where another female member of staff firstly tried to overcharge me by TWENTY pounds and then informed me her computor was down so she could issue me with a reciept, i then just asked for my duplicate of my credit card authorisation, and then she said she couldn't issue that either!! A very disappointing afternoon, apart from the excellent service from Antonio!!!!

Yorkshire
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed here for my 50th birthday. It was a wonderful weekend. We have stayed before but this time we stayed in the Crathorne Suite which is amazing. The room is huge with dining table, 2 four seater settees, an enormous bed, walk in dressing room and large bathroom. The bath is vast and steps are provided to get in and out (which I used!).
It was great to have the space for friends and family to gather in our room for drinks.
All our friends and family had lovely rooms too. If I was staying again I would go for the classic room rather than pay more for the executive. There are all equally nice with just a little more floor space in the executive rooms.
The meal in the restaurant was very good. The breakfast in the morning had a good menu choice. The only slight criticism was the service at breakfast was very slow but the hotel was full and the staff were busy. It in no way spoilt what was a wonderful stay.
If you are staying for a special occasion I would certainly recommend the suites. Crathorne Suite was superb.

Room Tip: Crathorne Suite is just amazing. All the classic rooms we saw were tastefully decorated and worth t...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank bradleygirl
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I would just firstly like to say a big thank you for making my mums birthday such a fantastic experience which she stills tells people about.

Myself, my sister and mum visited in December for my mums birthday. We had wanted to do something that little bit special for her so chose the champagne festive afternoon tea. Some people may look at the price and think it's a tad costly, however we wanted something special and were more than happy to pay.
Upon arriving the hostess was a delight and very welcoming, the setting was perfect and we were seating at a window table over looking the grounds.
The portions were just right and what we couldn't eat they offered to pop in a box to take home. The food was of great quality and they catered to my vegetarian requirements.
There was no point during our visit that we were made to feel rushed, which unfortunatly some places do.
After our afternoon tea a lovely gentleman offered to show us the wedding suite and reception rooms as we had mentioned considering Crathorne Hall for my wedding.
To round it up we had a fantastic experience and are already planning our return visit. Thank you to all the staff we have the pleasure to meet, you truly did make our mums birthday not only a great experience but a treasured memory.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crathorne
Gisborough Hall Hotel
#1 of 4 in Saltburn-by-the-Sea
Swinton Park
Swinton Park
#1 of 5 in Ripon

Been to Crathorne Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!