“Sour Grapes”
Review of The Grapes Inn

The Grapes Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Easington
Reviewed 28 June 2008

I had a most bizarre and off-putting experience this afternoon when attempting to get a meal with my family at The Grapes Inn. We had spent a lovely day on the beach at Runswick Bay and pulled over at The Grapes on the way home due to the great looking childrens' play area. We arrived at 5.40pm and as the sign outside told us that meals were served from 6.30 I decided to take my 4 year old into the play area to pass the time till we could order food. At about 6 someone pulled up, great I thought they're about to open up - we can get a drink and maybe pre-order our meal for 6.30. Instead of the friendly welcome described in their web page we were as good as chased off the premises by an angry lady who I assume was the proprietor. We were told to get out of the play area as it was private.
"We were just waiting for the pub to open to get a meal", I ventured.
What followed was an aggressive tirade at myself and bemused 4 year old son about playing on their private property and the pub not being open due to a Private Function (how we were supposed to know this I'm not sure! ). I had to wonder whether this lady was aware that hers was in fact a Public House; generally open to the Public and that she works in the service industry where it is usually considered a good idea to be at least polite to your customers. Despite an enjoyable 10 minutes in the admittedly impressive childrens' play area before the arrival of the landlady, we will certainly never be revisiting this
hostelry. We drove home and went to our very friendly and welcoming local instead.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
7  Thank MsGrapelli

Also consider these accommodations in or near Easington
The Spa Hotel
The Spa Hotel
#2 of 4 in Saltburn-by-the-Sea
Grinkle Park Hotel
Grinkle Park Hotel
#1 of 2 in Easington
Townend Farm Bed & Breakfast

Been to The Grapes Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Grapes Inn

Address: A171 Main Rd | Scaling Dam, Easington TS13 4TP, England
Region: United Kingdom > England > Yorkshire > North Yorkshire > Easington
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Easington
Price Range: £46 - £82 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — The Grapes Inn 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd so you can book your The Grapes Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Grapes Hotel Guisborough