“Sadly spoilt by rude fairground man!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Filey
Primrose Valley Holiday Park - Haven
Ranked #3 of 16 Speciality Lodging in Filey
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a lovely caravan with central heating and had a lovely time with so much to do and friendly staff. However the weekend was spoilt by one member of staff at the fairground. When I went to the roundabout rides there was nobody around so I sat my son in the ride and presumed it must take a token to make it go as there was nobody around? With that a man stormed over shouting at us 'What the hell do you think your doing!'. I explained there was nobody around and so I thought they took tokens and then I'd have to press the green button. He then argued at me saying 'what if there'd being a child around!!', I told him I looked but presumed they took tokens as there was no staff around and the green button to operate was infront of me! I then looked and saw another member of staff running over red faced. The man then said I should have asked to which I replied, I had no idea they were staffed (like the indoor arcade). He then turned his back to me and walked to his friend on the waltzers laughing. I felt angry and annoyed at how he spoke to me. Instead of apologising and saying something like, 'sorry but you can't use that ride whilst a member of staff isn't around', he used me to blame for the fact his staff where nowhere to be seen and if there had been an accident it would certainly not have been my fault! He then went back to his chatting with his colleague and my family left the theme park never to routine if that's how they speak to members of the public. It was a shame as we couldn't fault the park in any other way but it would sadly put me off going again.

Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Getthemessage
Primrose V, Guest Relations Manager at Primrose Valley Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Hello Getthemessage,

Thank you for leaving us a review about your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to see that you had such a lovely time and enjoyed using the facilities and found our staff friendly.

It was of course disappointing to read of the problem you had whilst visiting the FunFair. I would like to reassure you that we do take these matters seriously and I will be contacting Manager to ensure that the relevant action is taken.

I do hope that you will consider having future holidays with us. If you would like to book again please do not hesitate to contact me on 01723 513771 and I will personally deal with the allocation of your holiday home.

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Hi

We booked privatley last yeat and it was great had a fun time wish it longer staff was great and help and we are back tomorrow for a full week never been so happy to be going back and we have booked with haven this time.

Jonathan ward

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Hello Jonathan W,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review about your stay with us last year.

I do hope you are enjoying your holiday with us this week and making the most of this beautiful weather.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I have stayed here a few times, from being a little-un to now taking my little-un's we always have a very a really good stay, this time we booked the retreat for 4 nights 5th May - 9 May, and to be fair it did not live up to expectations it was not as clean as I would of liked, and the bedrooms were much smaller than I imagined, overall though what a fantastic place and this is the first time out of the many times I have been before I have been slightly let down, the nigh time entertainment is first class.... Although make sure you get there about 15 mins before 6 to get a good seat, there is endless things for you to do, The kids clubs are just brilliant, the fun stars are top class. There are 2 fantastic swimming pools, and even an indoor play area for the kids. 4 nights is just not enough, we are in the process of re-booking for 7 nights in October.... Thank you again Haven!

Room Tip: I wouldnt bother going for the retreat if you fancy something a little bit more special, just get th...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Primrose V, Guest Relations Manager at Primrose Valley Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Hello sharnie23,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your holiday with us here at Primrose Valley.

I see you are already looking at coming to stay with us again in October. There are some fantastic kids clubs and activities on offer and this will continue right through the season. I am sure that our FunStars will have come up with some new and exciting things for your family to take part in for your next holiday.

Our Adventure pool is extremely popular with families that come to stay here and the indoor play area is ideal ( especially helpful to keep the little ones entertained in our sports bar ).

We look forward to welcoming you back for a 7 night stay in October. If you do have any special requirements then please mention this upon booking, our team will always do their very best to ensure we get the location and caravan just right for all our guests.

See you soon.

Communications Manager

Reviewed 12 May 2014

just returned from a weekend at this park. Found the caravan to be Modern, bright and extremely clean. Mash and Barrel is lovely for a drink and a meal, not the cheapest but a big plate of well cooked food. Their are two entertainment bars, the Showbar is more adult with some stuff for kids but excellent entertainment, the Jesters bar is more family orientated.
Convenient spar shop on site, expensive so take your own stuff, we forgot cooking oil and paid over £2 for a small bottle. Free cash machine and a lottery booth.
Overall, all the staff were friendly and polite, Valentino in Mash & Barrel goes the extra mile and needs a PAY RISE !!! Lovely polite and hardworking.
Also, Bus stop on site which goes into Filey and Scarborough.

Room Tip: remember the little thinks like loo roll and cleaning stuff.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank eiramannod

Hello eiramannod,

Thank you for leaving such a great review about your weekend away with us here.

Our Mash and Barrel has had some wonderful feedback about the 2014 menu. I hear countless comments about how fun, friendly and fabulous the team are in our eateries. They really do a fantastic job. It will be an absolute pleasure to tell Valentino about your review.

Our Spar shop is really convenient and the cash machine and lottery facilities are an extra added bonus.

It is great that during the holiday season that the bus stop is directly outside and goes to Filey, Scarborough, Bridlington and Flamingo Land to name just a few.

I do hope that you will be returning to visit us in the near future.

Communications Manager

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights from 28th of April. Van was clean and tidy, warmed up quickly when the central heating was put on. Security man on the gate was helpful and cheerful as was the chap in the linen hire. Reception wasnt busy when we got there but still had to wait a few minutes to be seen. The girl we saw had obviously checked in a lot of people before us and it showed in her off hand manner. The park was clean and tidy and easy to find your way around.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello klingoneddie,

Thank you for leaving a review about your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you found the security team member and linen hire team helpful and cheerful. We always do try our very best to deliver 5* customer service. It was slightly disappointing to see that our reception team weren’t as “bright and breezy” as you had expected. I will personally ensure that this is rectified with immediate effect.

Our centrally heated holiday homes are particularly cozy on cooler evenings and I was delighted to see that you found the caravan and park clean and tidy .

I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Hi,
I have just got back from a VERY relaxing weekend at Primrose Valley Caravan Park,
We have friends that own a caravan here so we stayed there,
The site is beautiful and clean and we were situated on Primrose Field, just at the back of Habershon House which fetched back lots of childhood memories.
The site is well equipped with Starbucks, Papa Johns's Pizza and many other places that you can eat.
We venture on for the entertainment just once and for a game of bingo, bit pricey @£14 and to only play for a line a game and then just 2 straight full houses, (waste of paper too if im honest)
had a lovely walk in to Filey which it is about a 15mins stroll across the beach,
Stunning area, clean, lots to do if you want it.
Already booked to go back.

Room Tip: if you are going to the activities, ask for accommodation near by as this site is massive
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank anloui

Hello anloui,

Wow, another 5* review about your holiday with us.

It was lovely to read that you had such a relaxing time visiting your friends here. We are extremely lucky to have such superb facilities here at Primrose Valley ( Starbucks is a particular favourite of mine ).

I agree, the walk to Filey is beautiful and having the direct access makes it so easy to enjoy a stroll along the beach.

It is great to see that you have already booked to stay with us again.

See you soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a sun holiday at Primrose Valley 5th-9th May and we had a great time. I had upgraded to a luxury plus but when we arrived we had heating in our bedrooms and bathroom so think we had been upgraded again. This was a bonus as we were with our 11 Month old and although it wasn't too cold weather wise it does get cold in any caravan at night.

We was located in Primrose Field which is fab location right next to the entertainment and a short walk to the park.

We will defiantly book to go again and I know our little one will enjoy it more when he is a bit older but it was a lovely break for is all.

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank nadine15

Hello nadine15,

Thank you for leaving a 5* review about your recent stay with us here at Primrose Valley. It sounds like you had a lovely time with your little one. We have some superb activities for toddlers and I am sure that you and your family will thoroughly enjoy taking part in this in the future.

Primrose Field is a great location and close to the complex. When you book next time please mention that you like this area and we will always do our very best to get you as close as possible.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Communication Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Filey
White Lodge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hunmanby
Thornwick Bay Holiday Village
Crows Nest Caravan Park
The Royal Oak Near Filey

Been to Primrose Valley Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!