“Really good holiday, lovely site”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Filey
Primrose Valley Holiday Park - Haven
Ranked #3 of 16 Speciality Lodging in Filey
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Really pleased, the caravan was very modern and clean, check-in (and out) was quick and the map etc provided was very useful.

This site is huge, our caravan was situated away from the main entertainment area (beech rise) so was lovely and quite, it was quite a walk to the evening entertainment but this suited us.

We ate in the mash and barrel pub and found that the food was nice and service was quick, also if you like eating early you got 25% off of your bill if you ordered between 3 and 5, we never had an issue getting a table. We also ate in the cooks fish and chip seated restaurant, again very nice. On the last night we got fish and chip take-away, this is the only time I was a little disappointed as service was very slow, waited around 45 minutes to get served.

The evening entertainment was very good, the funstars are very energetic and there is lots going on for the kids, we mainly used Jesters club rather than the other one. We went the first weekend of the school holidays so it was very busy, if you didn't get to the clubhouse by around 6:30 or so you struggled to get a seat. Someone was walking around all evening selling balloons and bubble guns etc, these were very expensive, the large balloons were £7!

The pools were very good, they were never overcrowded which was good, when we went to the adventure pool they used a wrist band system, not sure how long you got as we got out before our band was called.

Overall I was very impressed and would definitely return to this park.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Primrose V, Manager at Primrose Valley Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely 5* review about your holiday here at Primrose Valley.
I was so pleased to read that you liked the location of your holiday home on Beech Rise, it is the perfect evening stroll on a warm evening.
We do strive to cater for families of all ages and it was a pleasure to read that you found the FunStars energetic and had plenty to keep the children busy and thoroughly entertained.
The 25% discount in the Mash and Barrel really does make for an extremely well priced meal and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our fish and chip restaurant.
We are all delighted to read that you will be returning to stay with us in the future.
Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review.

There are newer reviews for Primrose Valley Holiday Park - Haven

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Since being born in 1995 I have visited the park with my family every single year, and it is amazing! We do two holidays a year one abroad and one to primrose and I don't think that will ever change!
Pools are good I prefer the older pool to the new one as find it quieter and it still has slides etc and the outdoor pool which is ideal in hot weather exactly like being abroad!
Entertainers cheesy but it is at all holiday parks if your lucky enough to go when the circus is on it's amazing! Yes it is busy but if you go in peak time you can't expect anything less! Send someone down early if it's an issue! We used to send my dad and then all head down later!
Food is expensive but it's always been value for money when I've had it of course this will vary
Location gives the 5* experience lovely walk along the beach to filey, day trips to Scarborough and Bridlington and even Whitby are always a joy, likes of flamingo land, Eden camp and sea life are great for family's with young children and I thoroughly enjoyed this as a child and still will when I return next Saturday
Fair ground and boats are an added bonus and not something you get everywhere yes there expensive but your on holiday treat yourself!
Caravans not always great but we haven't booked a haven one since 2006 we go private as was always fab having someone meet you there with keys and always spot on cleanliness wise!, also lots of private owners have verandas lovely for hot weather, and they also leave toys and the likes of bikes and scooters which are there own children's! Fantastic when your staying with little ones
Areas on site aren't all great near the complex you'll hear the drunks at night and the delivery trucks early morning but you can't expect anything less! Have had bother before with neighbours ring security or even police always sorted right away in my experience
Visited hafan y mor twice, craig Tara twice and Thorpe park once, also all fantastic sites but nothing quite like the location and activities at primrose valley! Very excited to take my mam dad two brothers partner and nephew on the 9th august 2014!

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Nikitajay

Hello,
WOW, what a lovely review about your yearly holidays with us here at Primrose Valley.
We are lucky enough to have 3 swimming pools. They all offer a variety of attractions (the outdoor pool is a personal favourite of mine on a sunny day).
We have had some superb feedback about the new circus themed show. It really does sound like you love spending time with us here at Primrose Valley and it certainly seems that you will continue to do so for many years to come.
See you on Saturday.

Communication Manger

Reviewed 3 August 2014

sorry its late we stayed at primrose valley from 19 july to the 26 in a touring caravan the pitches are big and the space for your car is big enough for 2 in front of the caravan the toilets are the best ive been in always cleaned and showers always hot the fair and boat lake is just behind and the 3 swimming pools 2 outdoor it was really nice it be in the outdoor one when it was red hot my daughter said it was like been abroad ha my husband went fishing never caught much. the main complex is about 10/15 minutes walk from the touring park nice walk down there is another pool down there to the shop is well stocked best shop on site ive seen the chip shop is nice they are slow but nice when u get them ha also ordered papa johns got it deliverd to the caravan to lazy to walk down ha the park is lovely and clean was really surprised coz its such a big site the beach is about 30 minutes walk its a lovely beach well worth the walk down went into scarbrough shopping and filey for fish and chip there is a lovely sit in chip shop we liked it that much booked again for same time next year

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hello,

Thank you for leaving such a lovely review about your touring holiday with us here at Primrose Valley.

The cleaning assistant will be delighted to hear that you found the toilet and shower block to be always clean and the water hot.

It really does sound like you made the most of all our facilities and eateries on the park and enjoyed day trips to Scarborough and Filey. We are so lucky to have such beautiful seaside town so close by.

I am sure that your holiday in 2015 will come round quickly.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a Monday to Friday break at Primrose 28th July-1st August. We have never been to a Haven site before, always had Thomson holidays abroad etc or travel independantly to Greece etc but we were pleasantly surprised and also had a couple of days of sun!
I don't think I would book anything less than delux to be honest..unless you really arnt fussy. I thought I wasn't fussy until we saw our first caravan that was a bit smelly & bird poo covered the outside of every window and a mountain of cigarette butts outside the front door.. I really can't understand why this is happening as I've read it in a few reviews now.. On holiday you just don't want to pay any money to arrive and be welcomed by that!
It seems so simple just add it on to the check list for the cleaners.. 'Sweep any cigarette butts on entrance to caravan.. ' It takes 5 minutes and would make a huge difference for holiday makers when they arrive..!
Anyway moved to another caravan and finally settled in ..it was beautiful, brand new and spotlessly clean with no bird poo or ciggies in sight! 118 oak meadows..To be honest we would've been fine with the first caravan without the bird poo and cigarettes but anyway yes we moved and thought it was fabulous! So will definitely book again. Our 4 year old girl loved Primrose Valley she's so upset that we're not still there..! And she's in love with polly.. So I'm looking online now to book again for end of August and maybe 2 platinums for all the family in advance for next July..
Swimming pools were great, especially the out door one with sun loungers and little slide for my girl.. great indoor pools.. everywhere clean.. walk down to beach a bit steep but if you keep walking a long way you reach the area of the beach where there is a cafe and toilets etc so we spent the whole day down there..
Wanted to do archery but didn't get time.. fair was good but most of all loved the evening entertainment ha! wish the shows started a bit earlier than 10pm but loved everything really..adults and kids thouroughly entertained.. Loved the pitchers of Pimms and daughter loved the lemonades that come in the huge pink flask things...
Daughter loved getting her hair braided and glitter tattoos and we bought her a huge Pink elephant teddy thing and sparkly wands and rides in the arcades etc.. good job I saved up beforehand .. !
We saved a bit of money by eating in the caravan a couple of evenings with shopping we'd brought from home and got eggs.. milk, bread from spar. Being honest though Spar was expensive. Bread, eggs and milk £7!! That would be about £4 where we live.. anyway it's only one week we don't live here so it didn't matter..
Had a day out at scarbourough which was great for shopping and site seeing but don't have food near the beach..! a seagull attacked my little girl and went to bite my head and flew off with our burgers!
Anyway yes would definitely recommend Primrose Valley can't wait to come back..!
Oh fish and chip shop was too greasy too what we're used to but burger place fab and mash and barrel great for breakfasts but the scrambled egg was like powdered egg.. is that really necessary? My lamb burger there was horrible too.. tiny thin thing that was burnt black but had waited 1 hour for the food so didn't really have time to send it back... pasta dish was nice and a brilliant waiter there think his name was Justin? he seemed the most efficient and friendly..

3  Thank bunnytrecker

Hello,

Thank you for leaving such a detailed review about your recent holiday. We love to hear from guests who can’t wait to come back.

It must have been frustrating to have found the first holiday home below the 5* standard we expect for all our guests. I was of course delighted to read that you loved the holiday home we then moved you to. It sounds like your daughter thoroughly enjoyed the holiday and fell in love with anxious the elephant.

We have just launched a new menu in West Pier burger restaurant and the lamb burgers from there are delicious, I do hope you would give it a try on a future visit with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit to stay with us.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Last time I went to Primrose Valley I was 8 years old, I'm now 22 and I went in July with my partner and loved it just as much as I did then. We stayed in standard plus, but it was far from standard...it was amazing! Absolutely spotless and had everything we needed inside. Beds were comfortable and caravan was very spacious. We stayed in Pine Ridge and it was close to the entertainment complex and wasn't a far walk from everything else. We never ate on site or saw the entertainment, so couldn't comment on this. But we loved it so much that we have booked again for October! I have recommended Primrose Valley to lots of people and will continue to :)

Stayed: July 2014

Hello,

Thank you for leaving such a great review about your recent holiday with us here at Primrose Valley. It must have been lovely to have relived childhood memories ( although I am sure lots has changed over the years ).

I was pleased to read that you found your accommodation spotless and ideal for your needs. Pine Ridge is the perfect location if you need to be close to the complex and central facilities.

Roll on October, we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Just returned from a 4 night Mon-Fri stay at Primrose Valley. Only booked a week before we went. We had a deluxe plus caravan which was absolutely spotless. The park itself was really clean. Great location in High Elms. 10-15 minutes walk to the main complex (slowed down by the kids!). Close to the funfair and one of the pools. Lots to do, great location, about 20min walk to the beach which is pushchair accessible. Some of the things (fun fair rides, papa johns, some items in the shop) are a little on the pricey side, but it's a holiday park so really can't expect anything else. West Pier restaurant was good. Reasonable prices and decent portions, has a lovely outside section in the sun. Cooks fish shop was also nice. New person behind the till who was clearly only learning but the chips were delicious. Overall we've had a really great holiday and would definitely go back. I can't believe we've never been here before!!

1  Thank Melgunkel

Hello,
It was an absolute pleasure to get to my desk and read such a lovely review.
It certainly sounds like you will be visiting us again. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the meals from our food court and found the pricing reasonable. We are extremely lucky to have direct beach access and it really is a lovely walk to Filey.
If you were wanting to book with us in the future please speak with me personally on 01723 513771 and I will make special requests that you are allocated a holiday home in the High Elms area.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Says it all really. This was our 10th stay at PV and we've already booked for next year. We were in Oak Meadows and the caravan was reasonably clean on arrival and everything worked. The park itself seems to get bigger every year and it always immaculate and well maintained. If you can, have a look round you won't be disappointed, it's
beautiful. The entertainment would be to everyone's liking but you have to remember it's aimed at children and mine loved it. The Funstars put their all
all into what they do and I wish I had their
energy!
Just a few things Haven could look at regarding Jesters.
Perhaps get rid of the 8 seater tables or move them closer to the bar. I noticed on a few occasions when I was dragged down by daughters to join in the games (not complaining) that there were families of 4 or less hogging a table where another family could of sat down. Not everyone wants to go to Jesters so early just to get a seat, it's nice to sit outside Mash and Barrell when it's sunny, nor are they fussed for sitting right down at the front. But these selfish people are taking up seats that others could have.
You need to put up neon flashing signs above the bar informing folk they don't need to queue at the bar. Just find a space, you'll get served. Every year I see this and it drives me mad.
That said, it didn't spoil our holiday and the weather was fabulous. We have the tans to prove it.
See you next year!

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a brilliant review about your holiday with us here at Primrose Valley.

It is great to hear that you will be coming to stay with us again for an 11th holiday.

I will make sure the lovely comments about our entertainments team is given to the manager to share with the team.

All feedback regarding the park is taken into account when making changes to our venues, I will ensure that our complex manager takes this on board.

We look forward to welcoming you back in 2015 to top up your tan ( fingers crossed for beautiful weather ).

Communication Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Filey
Ambassador Hotel
Resolution Hotel
Resolution Hotel
#7 of 20 in Whitby
Crows Nest Caravan Park

Been to Primrose Valley Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!