“Disappointing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Filey
Blue Dolphin Holiday Park - Haven
Ranked #6 of 16 Speciality Lodging in Filey
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

7night stay with the kiddies that cost quite a lot !! I have stayed with haven every year for the last 14 years. This is my second stay at this park. I was VERY disappointed with our stay this time. The caravan was beautiful and checking in was a breeze. The shop was over priced (as these places always are) but my real down side was the main entertainment complex. Two main showbars with plenty of space... The funstars were brilliant and the kids thoroughly enjoyed them... However... The queues at the bar were ridiculous, in one of the bars the staff were EXTREMELY rude and in the swimming complex, in my opinion, the water walkerz activity wasn't run as well as it could have been. Considering the cost... I expected more.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Fitty701
Blue Dolphin H, Front Office Manager at Blue Dolphin Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

I was sorry to hear you found your stay to be dispointing after holidaying with Haven for so long.

Our team are here to help you and if made aware of your unhappiness will do their absolute best to resolve concerns for you.

If you would like to discuss your feedback further please feel free to contact me with your name and holiday reference number at Bluedolphintripadvisor@haven.com, where I will be more than happy to help you.

Reception team Leader

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I'm here now, sat in the bar unfortunately watching City win. Great experience, a few ponderings.

Staff are great. Lady who welcomed us into the camping section was really helpful, entertainment team genuinely enthusiastic.

It's very clean, my experience are the facilities for camping; the staff take great care in ensuring that the standards are very high.

Wifi is rubbish.

Lady behind the bar who told me Man U v Swansea would definately be on, I told her it was on BT Sports, yup def on. Grr. They don't have BT Sports. No bother I'll watch on my iPad, see above point, double grr. Had to watch Leeds instead, thrice grr.

Food is astronomically expensive but the facilities, including entertainment is great.

Swimming pool great, particularly the slides.

Thumbs up emoticon.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Darren M

I am delighted we have the thumbs up!

We are continuously looking to improve and Wi-Fi is defiantly on our list whilst not yet across the park that is to be our aim to provide you a better internet connection, I am really sorry you weren’t able to watch your team play.

Our team will be thrilled to read your feedback – Thank you again

Look forward to seeing you back again soon

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Arrived at 11 am only to be told we had to wait an hour even though our pitches we empty and ready to be occupied. No one really seemed to have a clue what they were doing and after much faffing about we were given our pitches at 12:30.
Pitches were pretty small and not very well maintained.
The showers an toilets were absolutely filthy. Urine all over seats and floor. The cabin to wash dishes was dirty and non of the sinks had any plugs.
On park facilities were poor and not as advertised. Fishing lake? I hardly think so when the same lake is used for boating and is more of a garden pond than a lake. Swimming pool was always busy. Tried once with our 1 year old but was far too busy so had to come out after 10 minutes.
Most of the activities are not included and cost a fortune (£8 each!!!!)
We had a few problems which were reported but no one seemed to care and were not sorted out. Some staff are rude and ignorant. All in all the worst holiday I have experienced. Needless to say we will not be going back

• Stayed: July 2014
8  Thank Onlyme79

I am really sorry you didn’t enjoy your holiday experience with us, our team are here to help you and I can’t apologise enough that you feel nothing was done to resolve the feedback you gave us.

I would like to take a personal interest and speak to you regarding this, if you could kindly contact me with your name and holiday reference number at Bluedolphintripadvisor@haven.com I would really like to discuss further with you

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Just back from a Mon-Fri camping break with my husband and son (8). Checking in at the camping/touring office easy and friendly welcoming reception staff. Had problems pitching tent due to the wind but we got there in the end. Shower block and toilets kept clean and tidy, showers warm and an area to plug hairdryer/straighteners. Entertainment block is what lets the site down, dirty, smelly and run down in my opinion it needs more than just a lick of paint and a new carpet, a redesign of the club house, restaurant area and the staff would help. We enjoyed our holiday and will return to the touring area as a base for the surrounding area.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

I am pleased our team made you feel welcome on arrival and you found your pitch the wind can be a pain especially when pitching up a tent!

We are constantly looking at how we can improve our facilities – I will be sure to pass you feedback to our Complex Manager to discuss further for our 2015 review,

Look forward to welcoming you back for more adventures in the area

Reviewed 15 August 2014

we arrived 21.7.14 for 4 nights, we had a brilliant time, 8 of us in our party, when we arrived the reception staff were extremely helpful and very friendly, especially rachael gilbank, we were told we had been upgraded to a prestige caravan which had a balcony which was great with our youngsters as they could play outside, this was a lovely surprise, the caravan was very spacious, and we all loved it. lots to do onsite, something for all ages, entertainment and activities excellent. our boys enjoyed 'learning to ride a bike', the instructer was excellent with the kids (phil I think he was called). excellent eateries, enjoyed fish and chips, and 2 lovely meals in the mash and barrel, carvery excellent as well. we all had a great time and would definitely recommend it and return

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jill h
Blue Dolphin H, Front Office Manager at Blue Dolphin Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

I am thrilled you all had a brilliant time here at The Blue Dolphin Holiday Park.

It certainly sounds like you all had great fun and left with lots of family memories.

We can wait to welcome you back for more fun packed adventures!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

On site, for me aged 15, it was a disappointment because generally most activities were aimed at small children. Swimming pool was always packed and charges apply for nearly all activities( some at £8 per person). Children will love this holiday. The caravan was clean. Luckily we were given one with an extra bedroom because there was hardly any room for luggage and it was so cold on a morning. It didnt help with the fact the front door didnt shut probley. So its worth paying that bit extra for a bigger caravan with central heating.
There was smudges of food on the wall and a brown smudge in the toilet. The tap in the kitchen was very loose and on the thursday a day before we left the fridge broke down.
Some of the people on site left it like a tip. cigarettes everywhere, our dog picked up plastic, sanitary towel (used) and a dirty nappie. Around the bins there was often litter which thankfully blue dolphin sent workmen to pick up
Walking around the cliffs was beautiful but rubbish was caught up in the fence. More Maintenence is needed. The day trips made our holiday a good one to places like filey and Bridlington. I recommend the park and ride when visiting Bridlington because parking is difficult to find and it takes you straight into the best part of town for holiday makers.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jess598

We aim to provide activities and facilities to suit all tastes and generations I am really sorry you felt there wasn’t something for you to take part in – Our Entertainments Manager runs additional activities especially for teens during school holidays so I was really surprised you found nothing you enjoyed.

Our sports and leisure activies do carry additional charges which if pre booked prior to your holiday are discounted for you, we advise guests of these charges before arrival and during check in on arrival as wells as in our welcome meetings.

If at any point during your holiday you have concerns with anything we are here to help – if your parents or guardians would like to contact me direct with their name and holiday reference number at Bluedolphintripadvisor@haven.com I will be more than happy to look into this for them.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

What a mess, nothing nice to say about this place except we did have a nice clean, lovely caravan. Which was a good job really as we as a family spent half the wknd in it. When you pull up you csn tell it's not run like other haven sites, no security on the gates. Reception staff were friendly enough nut rest of the staff were kids. No one looked like they had any authority. I complained over the mess and untidyness of the food tables and the toilets. Added the toilets were disgusting, my son went to the toilet and got covered in wee. They did clean the gents up but as for the tables in the good court or as they called it, mmmm! No didnt happen. Iv been to some terrible , dirty run down places but this beats them hands down. Some of the staff in the mash and barrelmeere lovely but some just looked like they didnt know what day it was and if you looked at the staff you new why the place was a mess. Get some machure staff and spend some money on the place. It needs management and authority on at all times. Wecwent out everyday and spent the nights in the caravan. When I complainedcto the manager I got a gree round of drinks, oh and the gents cleaned, wow thanx.

Room Tip: Choose away from the complex, nice caravans. Infact dont go.