“Camping area”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Filey
Blue Dolphin Holiday Park - Haven
Ranked #5 of 15 Speciality Lodging in Filey
wellingborough
“Camping area”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed here for a week in the camping grounds and I must say it was very good and clean and the shower facilities are kept clean, the cleaners work very hard to keep everywhere clean especially as when we were there someone staying at the park vandalised the toilets! It's a typical haven site so expect overpriced drinks and food. It's a great place to visit the local area, Whitby, Scarborough, Bridlington and Filey itself.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KarlyandAdam B
Blue Dolphin H, Front Office Manager at Blue Dolphin Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 30 August 2014

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay here at The Blue Dolphin Holiday Park.

Our Touring team will be delighted to read you lovely comments

We look forward to welcoming you back to the local area

Reception Team Leader

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

what a fab site we had a fantastic time here and will be coming back again. the staff are lovely and nothing is too much for them right down to people in the arcades and cleaning service etc. the food is ok and the entertainment was brilliant. the site is clean and well looked after and has a safe ffeel to it. i loved the fact the characters were out 2 to 3 times a day on all days this was great for kids and adults alike. the park is lovely and big. the indoor play needs some tlc but its ok as a freebie. the caravan was lovely not one fault with it and parking was fab. prices at the bar were cheap enough and so where things for kids eg character teddies etc a must go week away with kids x

Room Tip: i went in a prestige caravan was so lovely and well worth the money i payed
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank blackbean33

I am delighted that you loved staying with us it certainly sounds like you all enjoyed yourselves very much.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

Pros...
Quick and easy check in
Friendly staff on reception
Spacious caravan(deluxe 2 bed)

Cons...
Caravan not cleaned properly I.e dirty crockery, cutlery, fridge, and shower. About 50 Cigarette ends to the entrance of our van, bird poo on inside of van door and stains on duvet.
Had to pay additional charge for all facilities except the children's park ie. Cars £5, bouncy castle £2, water activities- various
Entertainment venue female toilets filthy as no staff regularly checking them?
If you wanted a seat in the starlight club you had to be there at 6 . No staff to clear available tables ie. Nobody collecting empty glasses which would explain why I couldn't have a glass of wine as both bars had run out of wine glasses! only once saw two young girls clear rubbish off a couple of tables!
Disappointing entertainment in the starlight club ie.far too loud, crap singing from entertainment team. Was bit better one night in the galaxy but rather bleak in there to be honest.

To sum it up it was a lot of money to pay for a short break in what was supposed to be a deluxe caravan. However cleaned properly the van was very spacious and suited our needs. Reception did offer to come and sort our complaints but when we arrive on holiday we just want to unpack and get settled and don't want staff coming in having to go over what should be basic cleaning standards.
We have happily stayed at lots of haven sites before but I think the lack of staff lets this one down.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank julie d

We aim to provide accommodation and facilities to the highest standards and I am ever so sorry that we have let you down.

I completely agree this is a basic expectation and I am truly sorry your accommodation wasn’t what it should have been, the teams responsible will be shown your feedback to highlight guest concerns and to re train in areas required.

The Complex Manager also offers his sincerest apologies for your venue experience please feel free to contact us direct at Bluedolphintripadvisor@haven.com

alnwick
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I booked a prestige caravan for 3 nights costing 450
On arrival we got to the caravan only to find it was one of the very basic caravans ( and dirty )
The staff were good and moved us straight away after complaining to a beautiful prestige caravan which was lovely , with a separate toilet in our room which was nice !
This one was also very clean .
The only down side was the duvets on the double bed don't even cover the top of the bed :-( not the best .
All else in the caravan was good .
The site however was shocking littered everywhere you looked .
The food area floor was covered with food and wrappers . Even though the staff in the burger place and fish shop were not busy they never once came out to tidy it up ! I wouldn't let a dog eat in that area !
The club rooms were so full that we were never left and 20 min
Pure mayhem
I was also asked by 12 year old for a cigarette whilst out side and my son had his light saver toy stolen
Really gone down hill

Stayed August 2014
4 Thank appleAlnwick
Blue Dolphin H, Front Office Manager at Blue Dolphin Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 18 October 2014

Our team are here to help and I am pleased upon reporting your accommodation this was resolved for you.

We welcome all feedback and I will be sure to discuss your concerns with our Department Managers to review for our 2015 season.

Please feel free to contact us direct with your name and reference number if you would like to have a chat about your feedback to Bluedolphintripadvisor@haven.com

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

7night stay with the kiddies that cost quite a lot !! I have stayed with haven every year for the last 14 years. This is my second stay at this park. I was VERY disappointed with our stay this time. The caravan was beautiful and checking in was a breeze. The shop was over priced (as these places always are) but my real down side was the main entertainment complex. Two main showbars with plenty of space... The funstars were brilliant and the kids thoroughly enjoyed them... However... The queues at the bar were ridiculous, in one of the bars the staff were EXTREMELY rude and in the swimming complex, in my opinion, the water walkerz activity wasn't run as well as it could have been. Considering the cost... I expected more.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Fitty701

I was sorry to hear you found your stay to be dispointing after holidaying with Haven for so long.

Our team are here to help you and if made aware of your unhappiness will do their absolute best to resolve concerns for you.

If you would like to discuss your feedback further please feel free to contact me with your name and holiday reference number at Bluedolphintripadvisor@haven.com, where I will be more than happy to help you.

Reception team Leader
Wilmslow, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I'm here now, sat in the bar unfortunately watching City win. Great experience, a few ponderings.

Staff are great. Lady who welcomed us into the camping section was really helpful, entertainment team genuinely enthusiastic.

It's very clean, my experience are the facilities for camping; the staff take great care in ensuring that the standards are very high.

Wifi is rubbish.

Lady behind the bar who told me Man U v Swansea would definately be on, I told her it was on BT Sports, yup def on. Grr. They don't have BT Sports. No bother I'll watch on my iPad, see above point, double grr. Had to watch Leeds instead, thrice grr.

Food is astronomically expensive but the facilities, including entertainment is great.

Swimming pool great, particularly the slides.

Thumbs up emoticon.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Darren M

I am delighted we have the thumbs up!

We are continuously looking to improve and Wi-Fi is defiantly on our list whilst not yet across the park that is to be our aim to provide you a better internet connection, I am really sorry you weren’t able to watch your team play.

Our team will be thrilled to read your feedback – Thank you again

Look forward to seeing you back again soon

Bangor
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Arrived at 11 am only to be told we had to wait an hour even though our pitches we empty and ready to be occupied. No one really seemed to have a clue what they were doing and after much faffing about we were given our pitches at 12:30.
Pitches were pretty small and not very well maintained.
The showers an toilets were absolutely filthy. Urine all over seats and floor. The cabin to wash dishes was dirty and non of the sinks had any plugs.
On park facilities were poor and not as advertised. Fishing lake? I hardly think so when the same lake is used for boating and is more of a garden pond than a lake. Swimming pool was always busy. Tried once with our 1 year old but was far too busy so had to come out after 10 minutes.
Most of the activities are not included and cost a fortune (£8 each!!!!)
We had a few problems which were reported but no one seemed to care and were not sorted out. Some staff are rude and ignorant. All in all the worst holiday I have experienced. Needless to say we will not be going back

• Stayed July 2014
8 Thank Onlyme79

I am really sorry you didn’t enjoy your holiday experience with us, our team are here to help you and I can’t apologise enough that you feel nothing was done to resolve the feedback you gave us.

I would like to take a personal interest and speak to you regarding this, if you could kindly contact me with your name and holiday reference number at Bluedolphintripadvisor@haven.com I would really like to discuss further with you

Reception Team Leader
Also consider these accommodations in or near Filey
Marine Residence
Wrangham House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hunmanby
Crows Nest Caravan Park
The Royal Oak Near Filey

Been to Blue Dolphin Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!