“Lesley and Taffy”

White Lodge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Filey
“Lesley and Taffy”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I have been staying here since being a small child. I am now a Granny and love coming here. My grandchildren live in Scarborough but we always spend time in Filey. The White Lodge is great base to come back to for great views and great food. I have a special room I call my "own". Not going to tell you!! It's a must try.

Room Tip: Go for a sea view if you can...you will not be disappointed !
4 Thank Lesleydianne
WhiteLodgeHotel, General Manager at White Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. My lips are sealed about your favourite room – that’s one of the benefits of having a hotel with 20 unique rooms – every guest has a different preference!!
We look forward to welcoming you, and Taffy of course, back to The White Lodge Hotel soon

Sue Wagstaffe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Sheffield
Reviewed 17 August 2013

My wife and I, along with our daughter and 14 week old grandson decided on a Mon-Fri break at The White Lodge. We had a family room, which had a separate bedroom for My daughter and baby, which was ideal. The rooms were very comfortable and clean with large screen TV in the main room. We also had a balcony and sea views! The restaurant is laid out beautifully, and the food is excellent. Meals are also served all day in the Terrace lounge, and again, the quality cannot be faulted. The staff throughout the whole hotel are extremely friendly and could not be more helpful.
We will definately return, and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies (about 6 of them) are good if the weather is fine.
4 Thank Robert L
WhiteLodgeHotel, General Manager at White Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
We are pleased that you had a good holiday and thank you for your kind comments. We all hope to be able to welcome you back to The White Lodge Hotel and are eager to see the development of your beautiful baby grandson

Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Not sure I should be writing this, as it may become too popular!!
Our needs were for a four year old, his parents, their parents and a 95year old grannie. All our needs were catered for and more!!
The staff were friendly and helpful, nothing too much trouble. Our rooms were ideal for all our needs, with the views of Filey Bay difficult to beat. The public rooms were comfortable, with plenty of seats and views to enjoy. Food was plentyful and excellent quality. Easy access to the town by foot, as was the park and gardens. Every where was clean and comfortable, a traditional sea side hotel. Back for more soon.

2 Thank Villa104
WhiteLodgeHotel, General Manager at White Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to The White Lodge Hotel soon

Hull
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Very satisfied with my short break at this hotel. The staff were an absolute delight, nothing was too much trouble when catering to the needs of my elderly Mum. The public areas and room were very clean and the gardens well cared for.The location cannot be bettered, if you want a marvellous view of Filey Bay make sure you book a sea view room. The food was very good - what a delight to be served vegetables that have not been overcooked!
The only cautionary word I would make is that if you are looking for contemporary decor and furnishings then you had better look elsewhere - this hotel is classic and elegant in style.
All in all I look forward to returning to the White Lodge in April.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a sea view!
2 Thank salj53
WhiteLodgeHotel, General Manager at White Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review and for your kind comments. It was a pleasure to meet both of you and we look forward to welcoming you back to The White Lodge Hotel again soon

Lichfield
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I had not pre booked this hotel as it was a last minute break. On arrival I was given room 4, which was situated on the 1st floor and was described as a Park View room. The room would have been overlooking the Park but unfortunately the large trees blocked the view. The room was quite dark and looked out onto the fire escape and the roof of the kitchen. I did bring this to the attention to the lady on reception, who I since found out was the owner, she didn't appear to take kindly to the criticism. However on our checkout the duty receptionist sasid that she had been told to discount our bill. (many thanks for that, much appreciated). The room itself was a good size, furnished very nicely. Bed linen and towels were of a high standard. Toiletries and plenty of tea & coffee & bottled water provided. There was a window from another bedroom which looked straight onto the bed area of our room, maybe voile curtains would help privacy. To open the windows I had to stand on the sills, not good if you were elderly or infirm. I agree with a previous tripadvisor, the bathroom was carpeted, not very hygenic, especially as dogs are allowed on 1st floor. We had lunch at the hotel which was very nice and breakfasts were excellent. Staff were extremely friendly and most helpful. Parking was not a problem, only a few spaces provided but ample street parking. would definately return but would prefer a more light and airy room.

Room Tip: Ask for room with sea view. I overheard other guest saying their room was over bar & reception...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
WhiteLodgeHotel, General Manager at White Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your first visit to Filey and am sorry that we had only limited room availability to offer you when you arrived at the Hotel on Saturday morning.
I apologise that I appeared to be disinterested in your complaint about the view from your room on Sunday morning – I regret that I was pre-occupied with the resolution of a medical emergency for another guest. This is no excuse for any offense that I caused and I can only apologise for any distress that I caused you.
I thank you for your constructive comments about the room which will help us to improve our service to future customers.
We hope to be able to welcome you back to The White Lodge Hotel

Colwynbay
Reviewed 4 August 2013

This was a fantastic hotel. Food amazing, location perfect , very dog friendly, staff fantastic and very helpful. This is great value for money. If you need a place to stay this is the best you will get in Filey.

Thanks a million again.

Room Tip: Twin room delux spacious, large bathroom, large wardrobe, looks out into the street.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
WhiteLodgeHotel, General Manager at White Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Filey and thank you for your kind comments. We hope to be able to welcome you back to The White Lodge Hotel soon

Penkridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Not staying at the Hotel but called in for a meal and drink. As it was a warm evening we chose to sit in the beer garden. Ordered two "Roast of the day" meals. When they came, we had one small serving dish of vegetables between the two us comprising calabrese, carrots, green beans and 6 very small new potatoes. The food quality was acceptable but nothing special and considering the price of the meals offered very poor value for money and left us both hungry as the quantity of vegatables for two people was wholly inadequate. The bar did not serve any real ale and the barman had run out of wine glasses so wine was served in half pint goblets. Needless to say, we did not return during the rest of our week long stay.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BrianandMarie
I am so sorry that you had a poor experience with our outdoor catering for which I can only apologise. The service of the vegetables is clearly an error on our part as it is our standard procedure that vegetables are served in individual portions with our main meals - you should have had two dishes served. I have no record of your complaint to any of the front of house staff at the time, when we could have rectified the problem immediately. If you would care to contact the Hotel directly now, however, we should be pleased to discuss the matter further with you

Sue Wagstaffe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Filey
Wrangham House Hotel
Red Lea Hotel
#11 of 28 in Scarborough
The Royal Oak Near Filey
The Southgate Bed & Breakfast

Been to White Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!