“Single guest accussed of bed blocking” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Binton Guest House
Ranked #14 of 19 Filey B&B and Inns
cardiff
“Single guest accussed of bed blocking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I had driven up to Yorkshire for a 2 venue visit. Unfortunately for personal reasons I had to rethink my trip. I had paid a deposit of £45.00 pounds but was planning to stay 3 nights. Now because of my health I knew I would have to take the 400 miles return trip home more slowly. I rang the Binton to apologise but say I would stay the Sunday but would have to make my way slowly back. I was told I could not stay the 1 night. They don't do 1 night stays. I was bed blocking a double room. This was a business and at this time of year they could fill the double. Sadly I never got to see Filey or give the Binton a better review. I am sure it is very nice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank dottyandmary

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

My husband, son and I had a lovely stay here at the weekend with great hospitality and a lovely clean room. Breakfast was fab too with plenty of choice!

Thanks for making us feel so welcome we hope to be back soon :)

Steph, Matt & Carter

• Stayed March 2014
8 Thank StephMattCarter
Derby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We loved this hotel!

The Binton Guest House is just perfect for a holiday in Filey and real value for money.

Situated on West Avenue in the centre of town it is really easy to find and central to everything the town has to offer. Julia & Graham are genuinely friendly and pleased to see you, the rooms are immaculately clean and the breakfast is lovely. It is a real home from home with non of the pretentiousness we have experienced in other guest houses, so you really do feel comfortable and at ease, just as you should on holiday.

We can't wait to return and we won't be staying anywhere else when we visit Filey!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank Caroline B
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Thought I should write and tell everyone how lovely Julia and Graham were. This Guest House was lovely clean, comfortable and cosy. We havent been away for a number of years as we have grandchildren we usually look after so this was such a pleasant experience. We only stayed 3 nights but what a lovely time we had in Filey. Just 5 mins away from all amenities, beach just a stones throw away. Our hosts were absoloutley brilliant. We will definately be staying with Julia and Graham again. The Breakfast was to die for and set you up for the day.
If you are just thinking about booking at The Binton you wont be disappointed.
Thank you Julia and Graham for being such lovely hosts. Hope to see you Soon

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank christine w
Liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Just back from a brilliant weekend stay over in Filey and at the Binton Guest house, and what a great find this place was. Our hosts (Julia and Graham) were very welcoming throughout our visit and managed to maintain a good balance between being friendly yet not intrusive. I stayed in the twin en-suite room with my brother and could not find fault with anything, the Shower and bathroom were nice and the bed was very comfy and made for a great nights sleep (although my brothers snoring stopped most of that!) we had tea and coffee making facilities in our room and some good local information about Filey in the welcome pack which was a nice touch for visitors to this seaside resort for the first time. The breakfast was very nice, and Julia even changed my tomatoes (never liked these things!) for beans which was very nice of her. This B&B is in a great location for all that Filey has to offer and is only a short stroll away from the bus and train stations and the local taxi firm office.
I also have to mention that we stayed here at the beginning of the Muston Scarecrow week and would advise anyone in the area during this time to pop over to Muston which is only about 1.5 miles away and easy to walk to on the Wolds way footpath as it is an excellent event which is great fun for all ages

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank David H
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Arrived back from a great weekend in a warm and sunny filey having stayed at Binton guest houseas we wanted to get away for a weekend break as a family with my mum and dad and brother and managed to find a vacancy for a double and twin room.
Upon arriving at the Binton we received a very warm welcome from Julia who showed us to our rooms.I was sharing the twin room with my brother and was very impressed as the room was very clean with comfortable beds and an ensuite toilet and shower.The room also has a kettle so you are able to make your own tea or coffee and a small LCD television with freeview with an easy to use handset.After a great nights sleep for myself (though my brother might not agree!) I went downstairs looking forward to my breakfast which is served from 8:15 - 9:00 and was not disappointed.The dining room is a good size and at the foot of the stairs and is very clean and well set out.We all ordered a full english breakfast which was excellent and a great way to start the day ahead, as my brother did not want the tinned tomatoes but was offered baked beans as an alternative.
What I really thought was great about the binton was the welcoming and friendly Yorkshire welcome Julia & Graham gave us throughout are stay without being intrusive and just let us get on with enjoying the weekend.I would highly recommend the Binton to anyone and will be back sometime in the future when I visit wonderful filey again

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank Nakes1878
Happy in Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Top marks for attention to detail in this very clean comfortable guest house. Excellent breakfast and one of the best teapot pourers we have come across (most make terrible dribbles all over). Most cheerful couple who look after their guests with a smile. Pat & John, Harrogate.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Pattie73
Also consider these accommodations in or near Filey
White Lodge Hotel
Crows Nest Caravan Park
The Bay
The Bay
#9 of 19 in Filey

Been to Binton Guest House? Share your experiences!