“Nice Park. Good Facilities”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Filey
Reighton Sands Holiday Park - Haven
Ranked #2 of 13 Speciality Lodging in Filey
Bradford, West Yorkshire
“Nice Park. Good Facilities”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed for 3 nights early July with our two grand children. Haven Deluxe caravan was spotless, well equipped and very comfortable. We were upgraded to a 3 bedroom van which gave us a bit more welcome space.
The children loved the pool and the outdoor lazy river and the outdoor playground outside the bar. The weather was good so we never went to any of the indoor activities.
A good value weekend and the grandchildren had a wonderful weekend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reighton Sands H, Manager at Reighton Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this 5 STAR review, we are thrilled!

It is absolutely great to read about how much you and your grandchildren enjoyed all our park facilities. We shall definitely pass on your comments!

The whole team here at Reighton Sands look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Shrewsbury
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed for 4 nights in July but had to leave one night early because the weather turned terrible!

The park is big (even though it's listed as small on the Haven website!) but you soon get your bearings if you walk around and explore. There is a Spar shop, launderette, lovely outdoor lazy river swimming pool, small shallow indoor pool, arcade, restaurant and bar. We didn't use the golf course as the weather was too windy.

There is private beach access down a slope but you can't drive down to it which is a real shame. It is a very steep walk back up again, especially for elderly folk. They could have made a real focal point of the beach by having a proper road with a car park and toilets down there. There is a small shack selling ice creams and toys but they could have put a cliff-top café or pub in instead and the beach wouldn't feel so remote and isolated.

We had a pet-friendly caravan and it was modern and a decent size, but a little rough around the edges with chipped, mismatched stools and skirting boards hanging off in the bathroom. I suppose you cant expect perfection when taking dogs. The "dog friendly" caravans seemed to be in a scruffier area than the rest and the car parking spaces were just loose grit. It just looked unkempt and needs to be either tarmacked or some decent gravel putting down.

The staff are great and even posted our ipad back to us the very next day as my hubby left it in the caravan!

We wouldn't go to North Yorkshire again, but I recommend this park especially for families. If the weather was good you wouldn't really need to leave the park.

Room Tip: You don't get a choice but it would have been nice to have a sea view!!
Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank XerxesL
Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review.

I’m sorry to hear that you were slightly disappointed with the dog friendly caravan area; this is something that will look into and hopefully be one of our projects to improve this winter.

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the range of facilities we had on offer and we will definitely pass on the compliments to our staff!

It’s a shame your holiday was cut short because of the weather, we would love to see you visit the park again when the sun is shining.

Basrah, Iraq
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I was there in june with my wife and family for a long weekend, caravan we booked was a delux plus excellent comfort, my grand children had a great time. All the staff are really good.
Ive just booked again for august this time a prestige caravan and carnt wait to travel home from overseas to go.
NOTE Indian takeaway in Filey is top class and delivers to your caravan.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shaun D
Reighton Sands H, Manager at Reighton Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Hello

Thank you so much for this great review.

I’m pleased your caravan provided you with excellent comfort – a great caravan for you to relax in on your holidays.

Thank you for your comments on the teams being really good – they will be so pleased to read this.

I look forward to welcoming you all back again in August.

Kind Regards
Ripon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We went camping at Reighton Sands having got a very good deal online for 7 days.The charges also included FREE Entertainment passes.The site is run brilliantly and kept spotlessly clean by the very friendly and helpful staff.
On site there is a very well stocked Spar shop who do not rip you off as most park shops do.
We pitched our tent overlooking Filey Bay and started to enjoy a lovely holiday when on the 2nd day at around 7pm the wind got up and then it all kicked off through the night.Gale force winds were drur tent opping tents and this went on ALL night and eventually we made the decision to pack up and head for home.
We wasted our money but Haven are not responsible for the weather and had the weather been better we would have had a great holiday.
Being 2 pensioners we had invested in our camping gear just to get us a bit of a holiday but our tent which was brand new and the first time of being used was damaged beyond repair by the strong winds.
We loved this site,everywhere,toilts,showers etc was spotless and a credit to Haven.This must rate as one of the top 10 Holiday Parks in the UK as far as we are concerned.So get your holiday booked and enjoy what we sadly missed out on.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John D
Hello

Thank you so much for posting this great 5 star review – WOW! Reighton Sands in your top ten, that’s wonderful.

I’m so thrilled to read all your amazing comments, I’m so pleased you found the site brilliantly run and spotlessly clean.

The teams on park will be so chuffed to read your comments on the team being friendly and helpful. I know all the teams on park really do enjoy doing all they can to make sure our guests receive a great holiday experience.

It’s a shame that your holiday was cut short due to the weather, hopefully next time the sun will be out to play again.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.
Kind Regards
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I went with my family about 3 years ago and absalutely loved it, I'm really excited because we are coming again on the 25th July this year and can remember a lot of the site and it was brilliant so I am really looking forward coming again to see the lovely sea views .

Stayed July 2014
Reighton Sands H, Guest Relations Manager at Reighton Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts.

I’m thrilled to hear that you are coming back to Reighton Sands after three years away. There have been a few changes since your last visit, one of them being our lovely new beach cafe which I’m positive will add to the enjoyment of your holiday.

We can’t wait to welcome you back on the 25th July for another brilliant break.

Notts
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I have recently bought a caravan and have used haven many times in a tent, this is my second time here. Me, my wife and three children thought it was great, showers clean, swimming pool was great especially the lazy river, views are amazing and the evening entertainment was very good.

The walk to the beach is ok, it's the walk back that does you in ha ha, but haven do have a train to help but we all decided to walk and let the elderly and the people in need use the train, although when I was half way up I wish I had got on it :-)..

My only one moan is the price of the children's drinks in the bar, I understand that it's a holiday and we pay a premium for this but I thought £1.75 for a callipo sun was a lot, especially as I have three children that could drink a few each.

I will be returning to this park in the near future, and I WILL be using the train to the beach :-)

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Sraddave
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your holiday.

It sounds like we have all that you and your family need here at Reighton Sands for an enjoyable stay and we are delighted that we are able to provide you with such a positive experience.

I agree that the walk back up from the beach is for the fit but it’s definitely worth the visit, and like you say, always handy to know that there is the option off a lift back up on the train should you need it.

We look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the near future.

Northumberland National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Visited 21 to 28th,June. Very impressed with delux caravan and site in general,staff very helpful and pleasant Entertainment geared up for children but I had no problem with that. Now the down side, the soiled and general dirty condition of the seating in the Show Bar put us off using the place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ambler029
Reighton Sands H, Guest Relations Manager at Reighton Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your holiday here at Reighton Sands.

It makes me happy to know that you were impressed with your accommodation and the team and entertainment were also to your liking.

I’m sorry though that you were disappointed with the condition of the seating in the showbar. Although the area is deep cleaned before the start of every season it is one of the areas that we would love to refurbish. With this is mind it has been put forward for review as part of our winter works project so fingers crossed.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Filey
White Lodge Hotel
Expanse Hotel
Expanse Hotel
#1 of 6 in Bridlington
Crows Nest Caravan Park

Been to Reighton Sands Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!