“Nice small park!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Reighton Sands Holiday Park - Haven

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Filey
Reighton Sands Holiday Park - Haven
Ranked #2 of 13 Speciality Lodging in Filey
“Nice small park!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Came home today after a week at reighton sands we hired privately and the caravan was fine was a bit nervous at first as I read bad reviews about rowan close but our caravan and neighbours were fine no problems whatsoever my only advice is definitely upgrade to a heated caravan because I thought the weather would be nice (typical British wishful thinking!) and it was absolutely freezing especially in the mornings my son woke up at 5am every morning because of how cold it was so definitely got no lie ins!anyway this was no fault of the site I should of judged it better!the site itself is small compared to places like devon cliffs were we have been a few times but to be honest I preferred reighton sands because it is more personal the staff were lovely the entertainment team were fantastic with the kids,the maintenance team were friendly always waved when they went past, the surrounding areas were amazing really beautiful the weather was pretty rubbish when we went but there was plenty to do whatever the weather.my daughter went zorbing which she absolutely loved really fun!food drinks etc are expensive but no different to any other park we went to morrisons and did a weeks shopping so you don't have to spend a fortune!the only downside which is nothing major is the size of the pool and changing facilities there just wasn't enough cubicles and the pool was very small but then again I'm comparing it to devon cliffs which isn't very fair!its still great though and the lazy river was good.overall we had a lovely time ignore bad reviews because it really is a lovely park just hope you get better weather :)

Room Tip: Get heating in the caravan can't stress this enough!!!
Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank victorialaneclement
Reighton Sands H, Manager at Reighton Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Hello

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review.

Its delightful to see that you found the team at Reighton Sands to be more personal – I know that all the teams on park really do look forward to meeting our arriving guests each week and doing all they can to make sure they receive a great holiday experience – they will be so pleased to read your comments.

It sounds like you really made the most of your holiday and I’m so pleased that you prefer Reighton Sands to holiday with.

I hope to get the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Just got home from a weekend break and will start with the positives:
We arrived friday evening and check in was really easy at the funworks complex. The security man found my paperwork and off we went to find our spot. The weather was really warm with no wind so didnt take long to get sorted. Another good point were the showers which are open 7am to 8pm and are really nice. There are around 12 showers so there is never any queuing. The toilet block and pot washing area is also plentiful so no queuing there either. Now the bad points:
The area is very hilly so if you have a wheelchair or walking difficulties you might really struggle here. Its also advertised about the steep slope to the beach (now they arent kidding)!! There is however a free train that runs up and down the hill every 10 minutes which i would suggest you use. There is only the one way to the beach too so there is no easy way down. We didnt go in the evening entertainment area as we popped in on the friday night and it was packed solid (very much like butlins) i would say as there is also a little shop which sells items similar to butlins. If you are camping i would seriously suggest taking a 15 tog quilt or similar sleeping bag as it gets absolutely freezing at night! Be advised they do have 3 electric sockets but they run on tokens and you have to get these from main reception. 1 token is 50p and lasts 5 minutes. Great for kettles, a quick phone charge or your own hairdryer although hairdryers are supplied free in the toilet block but do take quite a while to dry your hair.

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rebeccah295
Hello

Thank you so much for posting this review of your recent stay with us.

I’m pleased your holiday got off to a great start with an easy check in process and great weather.

It’s always an added bonus when the weathers nice, especially with the views you get from the tent field.

Thank you once again for all your feedback – we strive to improve the park every day and its feedback from our valued guests that help us to do so.

I hope to get the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

we have been to your park on many occasions and we love it.next year i am thinking of taking my mother but she wheelchair dependant.would you have any accessable accomodation for wheelchairs.thankyou from david

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reighton Sands H, Guest Relations Manager at Reighton Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Hello David thank you for visiting our trip advisor page

It’s great to hear that you love our Reighton Sands and you have stayed with us many times.
We do have some accessible holiday homes which are just behind the main reception on Oakwood and these would be ideal for your Mothers needs.

If you would like a quote or to check availability then just give us a call on 01723 890476 and the team will be happy to help with any information you may need.

We hope to welcome you back sometime soon.

Kind regards
Lesley Thurwell
Guest Relations Manager
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a week at the end of July in a private van so can't comment on accommodation. Firstly, all the staff we came across were very friendly and helpful which was good, and the grounds of the park were well kept. There is direct beach access which is a big improvement now with the rope hand rails on the way; enabling most people to walk up and down but there was also a train on offer operating every day except Mondays and Fridays. Also down the beach there is now a small cafe serving the likes of hot and cold drinks,ice cream and food which was all nice. The food outlets in all we're good with the mash and barrel serving nice food where you can get 25% off between 3 and 5 and also in our case an extra 10% off because of our privilege cards so was good value. The only bad encounter we had was one night where there was a good P!nk tribute act on and I missed half of it because I had to wait 25 minutes for a small battered sausage and chips! When I was questioning the person behind the counter he kept saying it will be done in a minute but after seeing him handling a lot of money and putting the food in the trays with his hands having never washing them it really put me of the food along with the wait which was a slight disappointment as it's normally good there. The entertainment was alright they had some good tributes on and enjoyed the Funstar rock show along with the cheesy game shows you'd expect. There's some nice places nearby including the usual Scarborough and Bridlington where there's a lot to do along with smaller tranquil places like Filey, Humanby and Flamborough. We had good weather during our stay which was nice, for example, being able to sit in the beer garden and going down to the beach (which is a very nice beach) Overall had a nice stay and would recommend for a good family holiday!

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank James G
Hello

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your recent holiday with us.

I’m so pleased you have noticed improvements to the beach - its feedback from our valued guests that help us to make this possible. It’s great that you liked the new beach cafe – this is new to the park this year and has proved to be very popular with our guests.

It’s delightful to see that you made the time to visit the local towns - we are very lucky to be situated in such a central location to all these beautiful seaside towns.

I hope we get the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Hi we stayed at Reighton sands in a super Delux caravan from the 8th to the 11th of august the park was quite small but looked good and clean there was a bit of a problem with flooding when it rained but we were not affected, the entertainment is not great and the showbar really small also the swimming complex could be bigger.the caravan was clean but pretty basic but we were in a good location on the park.the area is great for you to travel between filey scarbrough and bridlington not a bad family break but was a little expensive for what it is.

Room Tip: when you reserve ask to be situated close to the amenities as you can be pushed way to the back of t...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Reighton Sands H, Manager at Reighton Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Hello

Thank you for taking the time to post this review.

I will certainly be passing your comments on to the management team to review for our winter works projects.

I agree that we are in a good location to the nearby seaside towns – I’m pleased you found the time to visit Filey, Scarborough and Bridlington. I know a lot of our guests have made some great family memories and I hope you all did too.

I hope to welcome you back again sometime soon.

bridlington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Went for the weekend had a lovely view but the caravan wasn't up to much, we had a premier van 4 adults 3 kids but it certainly didn't accommodate so many we had several issues but didn't bother trying to sort them as we weren't there for long

The main things I noticed were they've put more caravans on the playing field near ocean view and the green outside our caravan they weren't allowed to play ball games so we could'nt find anywhere for the kids to play football

The food at the Mash & Barrel had gone down hill and everything seemed more expensive? don't know whether its because last year I went in June and this time it was school holidays

Won't be returning

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hello

Thank you for taking the time to post this review.

I’m pleased you found the view from your caravan to be lovely – we are very lucky that the park is situated in such a grand location with these stunning views out to sea.

I’m sorry that you were disappointed with your caravan – had the teams been made aware of this I know they would have been more than happy to help. Our guest’s experience is very important to us.

I hope to get the chance to welcome you back again soon.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We arrived on the 15th for a 5 night stay but only managed 3.
The weather was terrible,tents blew down and lots of rain.
We were never able to find a seat in the cafe or showbar,it was to busy and when you have children its hard to explain that you cant stay.
Staff are very polite,expensive for drinks in the showbar. Carvery used smash.we ended up going into filey and surrounding areas and spent double what we intended.

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
      Rooms
Hello

Thank you for leaving this review of your recent stay with us.

It’s a shame you had to cut your holiday short by two nights – I know this English weather has been such a pain the last few weeks.

Thank you for the lovely comment on the teams being polite – I know they really do enjoy meeting our new arriving guests each week.

I will be sure to pass your comments onto the management team – thank you once again for your feedback.

I hope to welcome you back again soon and hopefully the weather will be brighter.

Holiday Experience Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Filey
White Lodge Hotel
#4 of 28 in Scarborough
Premier Inn Scarborough Hotel
Crows Nest Caravan Park
The Royal Oak Near Filey

Been to Reighton Sands Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!