“Peaceful location.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Filey
Reighton Sands Holiday Park - Haven
Ranked #2 of 15 Speciality Lodging in Filey
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Peaceful location.”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Arrived with my wife and kids and the in laws, we have Been here once before and some improvements have been made, pathway to the beach is much better with a cafe part way down. Caravan was ideal and clean which is always a bonus. Amusements were good, mash and barrel pub was good we used this every day for food and drink, only down side was on Sunday evening they closed at 10.45pm, not sure why as people were still in and playing on the pool tables etc. on Fridays and Saturdays they served pizza after 9pm to takeaway, this would be better if they did it everyday, didn't use the pool but seemed busy. Fish and chip shop on site which was ok, shop was as you'd expect on a camp site. We would return.

1 Thank Dm1407
Reighton Sands H, Guest Relations Manager at Reighton Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review

It’s great to hear that you are a returning visitor and that you appreciate the changes made since your last visit. We are so pleased with our lovely new beach cafe and our guests are loving it too.

The takeaway pizza option in our Mash & Barrel is a new service that we have been trying out and that also seems to have been a great success. They are available 4 nights per week - Friday through Monday.

It sounds like our Reighton Sands is the perfect place for you and your family to spend your holidays. We hope to welcome you back for another peaceful break soon.

Kind regards
Lesley Thurwell
Guest Relations Manager

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Millom, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Arrived in June, took longer to get there than anticipated only to find just a few touring pitches left( the ones nobody else wanted) very busy site, kids school holidays. As usual with haven, amusements were pretty good, however when we were there the entertainment was from haven team, no professional bands, singers etc. when they started to sing, people left!. Swimming pool very clean with a lazy river pool outside. Food good in barrel and mash, staff well mannered and polite. Spent most of our evenings in here watching football. But the thing that really stood out for me was ( and this is going to sound weird) ithe touring toilets and shower block, I can honestly say that in all the touring parks I have visited, I have never seen such clean and well maintained areas. And yes it even had piped music!!!! I have been to places that made my skin crawl and I have tried to shower using levitation so I have not had to touch the floor, sides or anything else!. But wow what a pleasure to use these. ( weird moment over! ) the staff should be proud of themselves.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Isobel S
Reighton Sands H, Manager at Reighton Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Hello

Thank you for taking the time to post this review.

Thank you so much for the comments on the toilet and shower facilities being the cleanest you have ever seen on a holiday park – WOW! That really is something for the touring wardens to be proud of, they will be so thrilled to read this.

I’m pleased you found the team in the restaurant to be polite and well mannered – I will be sure to pass on your kind comments.

I hope we get the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Just returned from a 4 night stay at havens Reighton sands. After reading previous reviews I was so nervous yes I booked before reading them. drive on the road leading to the park was fun for the kids its like a mini rollercoaster but not has bumpy and previously mentioned. The reception staff on arrival where lovely very helpful we booked 2 caravans one wasn't ready has it was a check in at 4pm and the other a 2pm check in. the caravan prestige was clean beds made, bedding was clean I seen peoples reviews of unclean bedding wet mattresses but I cant fault the caravan at all. the second caravan was cheaper a bit small and had a blocked shower but it was sorted in within an hour. the travel cot had been put on the booking but it was sorted out very quickly. The door staff were lovely the funstars fab. We were all in caravans facing onto the sea, the views were amazing just simply breath taking to wake upto . The direct beach is a bit rocky to get to the sand (nature that cant be helped not even by the haven staff) once down the steep path but there is hand rails and the train runs down the track from 10am to 4pm and the nice lad came back down for us after 4pm has there was a lot of people waiting. The only downside to the site was the pool its a bit small for the size of the site so decided to leave going in the pool n lazy river. spar shop is a little over priced milk and sugar nearly £4 but there's a Tesco in Filey and a Morrison's in Bridlington both nice drives out. There's no fair no go carts so its not as action packed as primrose valley up the road but if your looking for a nice quite family get away then its great for you. The entertainment it probably the same in every park and the seaside cirque show was absolutely fantastic and I enjoyed it has much as the kids. After visiting a few haven camps both action packed and not as I can say it was a great short break and for the views alone I would come back again. All in all we had a lovely short break the kids loved it the adults loved it. thank you to all the staff at Reighton sands for making our stay a good memory we can keep.

1 Thank chell10
Reighton Sands H, Manager at Reighton Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 13 September 2014
Hello

Thank you so much for posting this lovely review.

I’m so pleased you found the reception team to be lovely and very helpful – what a great start to your holiday.

We are very lucky at Reighton Sands to be in such a beautiful location with all these stunning sea views – I’m so pleased you were able to enjoy this. I personally believe we have the best views in the area.

I know all the teams on park do all they can to make sure our guests receive a great holiday experience – they will be so pleased to know you have great memories of your holiday.

I hope to get the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon - don’t forget to give us a call and request one of those breath taking sea views.

Fleetwood, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Beautiful scenery when we arrived, caravan was clean and a few items missing, but housekeeping were very quick to rectify them, caravan had a beautiful view from the front, very near my sister and family so kids really enjoyed that, very small site and peaceful. Swimming pool and lazy river was enjoyed by all of us,lol. Complex was small , dirty seating and not very clean but staff were very happy to help and cleaned , great views of bay everyday and the train down to the beach ran every 10 mins , which helped as the hill was very steep down to the bay. Will definately visit again, kids loved it.

3 Thank Sarah L
Reighton Sands H, Manager at Reighton Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 25 September 2014
Hello

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our park

It sounds like you really enjoyed the views we have to offer here – we are very lucky to be situated in such a great location. I believe we have the best sea views in the area – they are truly stunning.

I’m pleased the team were happy to help – I know all the teams on park really do enjoy doing all they can to make sure our guests receive a great holiday experience.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Just left our little get away, sad to be leaving the views from our caravan we stayed right at the back of the park and woke up to lovely sea and beach views! Great for taking our little westie for a walk! Beware not everyone picks up after their dogs! Otherwise the park is very clean and well kept. I paid for a superior caravan and was looking forward to a modern looking caravan as shown on the website and in the brochure instead I got a standard looking caravan! I decided to call the reception to find out what caravan grade I was in and was told in fact that we had been upgraded to a deluxe caravan the lady explained it was larger and has heating. I asked why they show photos of high spec caravans yet my deluxe caravan still looks like the standard caravan photo? I was told that the photos on the website are for representation purpose only and that because I had heating and 2 feet extra my caravan was indeed deluxe! So be warned the caravans do not look like any picture other than the standard and the difference is 2 feet extra space, heating and 3pm check in (instead of 4pm)! The caravan had a nice bathroom and was clean although the carpet could do with a deep clean it just looked old! Everything for cooking is provided however I would take a sharp knife if like me your use to ceramic! The pool inside was average my 5 year old loved jumping in as he could stand up in the water so ideal for little ones! The outside river pool was brilliant we spent hours in there it was lovely and warm and in a sunny day it felt like being overseas I loved it and so did the kids! This is a must! On our first night we found a table and spent too much money there is a toy shop, popcorn and around of drinks costing £15 for 2 adults and 2 kids it is a pricy night! However the entertainment on this night was brilliant I don't think it was the usually staff. Well done to the Michael Jackson tribute band great for all the family! However the following two nights were I am sad to say socking! Songs from the 80s terrible singing and dancing my 2 children were not impressed! Not really family entertainment. Saying that all the staff put 200% in to each performance. We decided to give the last night a missed it seemed pointless. The little train to the beach was great and the beach shop sold great ice cream! The beach was perfect and we spent lots of time there! We did a day trip to Scarborough this is a must lots to see a fair and boat trips! We all went on a speed boat which was great fun! We then had tea and cake in the sun at a little tea shop! It took around 25 mins in the car! On the third day a man called Tom from havens sales department knocked and asked could he show a family around our caravan? I agreed and let them have a quick look round Tom was very nice and asked what wine I drink and that he will be dropping me a bottle off later for letting them look round! I thought lovely! But no wine what a shame! Overall we had a great time and would stay again just for the view and beach! Thanks Marie, Stephen, Ellie aged 10, Benjamin aged 5 and Robyn the westie aged 9 months.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank MarieMullany
Altrincham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Found a great 3 night late deal on a small 4 berth caravan via Hoseasons for £100, so the wife and I weren't expecting The Ritz.
Upon arrival we were given our caravan key and a lot of useful info about the park itself. We found our caravan easily with the map provided and were pleasantly surprised to find we were in a considerably nice caravan than I'd actually paid for.

The park itself is excellent, and the views over the sea very pleasant. We didn't use many of the facilities on the park, but I understand these are all very good. The park has it's own stretch of private beach which was very welcome, although you do have to be fit to get up and down the very steep pathway to get there. Apparently there was a little bus/towed trailer to get you up & down, but we didn't see this for the duration of the trip. It certainly didn't spoil anything for us whatsoever.

All in all, a great place at what was a great price at the time. I would definitely return again if the price was right.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Matt P
Hello

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this lovely review.

It sounds like your holiday got off to a seamless start with lots of useful information and a trouble free journey to your nice caravan.

We are very lucky to have direct access to such a beautiful beach at Reighton Sands - it’s a shame that you didn’t manage to see the beach train we have available as its great fun to travel down on however I’m so glad that this didn’t spoil your stay in any way.

I hope to get the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

What a lovely holiday park, staff can't do enough for you! All really helpful.
Lovely clean caravan with a great view over the bay. Onsite facilities great for all the family , bar & restaurant with wifi if you need it, amusements arcade, fish and chip shop, all different sports, play areas, day & evening entertainment and of course the beautiful beach. Loads to do onsite if you don't want to have to leave the resort.
Really clean and well maintained holiday park, located close to a lot of seaside places, we visited Bridlington, Filey and Flamborough. Looking forward to going again!

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Andrea W
Hello Andrea thank you for your wonderful 5* review

What a great start to your holiday, lovely clean accommodation with a view over the bay – sounds perfect.

The team on park love doing all they can to make sure our guests enjoy their stay here at Reighton Sands and will be pleased that you have fond memories of yours.

Your comments regarding the park and facilities are very much appreciated. Its nice know that you found plenty to do on site but like you say there’s lots of lovely seaside towns and villages close by if you fancy a change of scenery.

We can’t wait to see you again sometime soon.

Kind regards
Lesley Thurwell
Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Filey
Marine Residence
#6 of 28 in Scarborough
Ambassador Hotel
Ambassador Hotel
#24 of 28 in Scarborough

Been to Reighton Sands Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!