“ABSOLUTELY DISGUISTED” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Reighton Sands Holiday Park - Haven

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Filey
Reighton Sands Holiday Park - Haven
Ranked #2 of 13 Speciality Lodging in Filey
lancashire
“ABSOLUTELY DISGUISTED”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2010

The only thing going for this place is the wonderful views. That is the only possitive thing i can say about this camp. We paid £170 for a weeks camping trip, 5 adults and a dog. The swimming pool is fine if your 2 foot tall, you will actually be able to swim then, for adults with teenagers it is useless. My son went for a shower and some horrid person had opened their bowels in the shower, my son found the attendant to tell him and all he said was that he was busy and would clean it later which really needed imediate attention as the smell was horrendous and there was young children in and out of the showers continuously. We took our 2 teenage children with us and our daughters boyfriend all of whom are 18 years old, their first experience with the security at the funworks was eventful to say the least. As the camp is away from a town the security staff feel important and presume they are working at a nightclub in a city when they are just on a haven site. They intimidated our children from day 1 of our stay, all because they see little action as it is a family park, so felt the need to pressure and pick on our children just because they was 18 and out on their own as we was in the tent with the dog. After 2 days of the children coming back and complaining we deceided to speak to the security staff ourselves. What we worked out was as always you get different stories from both sides, we all came to a mutual agreement. We was also told that we could bring the dog into the garden at the pub on site (the mash and barrell) so the very next day we did this. I was sat in the garden when the security guard that checks your passes walked into the garden and stood opposite me staring at me for no apparent reason for 5 mins, he then walked away and my partner arrived with our drinks (this was the 1st time we had even entered the entertainment area). As we was sat down enjoying the sunshine the security guard approached us again and we was informed that the children (even though they are 18) was not allowed to drink. The bar manageress was called over and we was informed that they needed identification to drink. Seeing as both the boys had been served earlier on our stay we explained that nowhere in the information did it stipulate that i.d was needed and as we was staying in a tent there was nowhere secure to keep it. A full blown discussion ensued in front of the other guests which were there, basically she really did want to show my family up. Now i understood exactly the intimidation my children had felt. Not happy i went to reception to complain, in the mean time the head of security came along to the rest of my family whom was still sat in the beer garden. Shaun was his name went to my partner and in front of everyone again wanting to discuss the problem, my partner feeling intimidated asked him to step to one side away from the other guest earshot as all the commotion was getting rather embarassing. The security guy after some pursuading came into the reception where i was and told me that my partner had threatened him twice but all as my partner did was ask him to step to one side to lessen the embarasment. I spoke to him and then went back to my family and spoke to them. I can not believe all this happened, are they really that bored that they have to pick on a family. We deceided to leave the camp early as we really could not carry on with our break away, as i explained to the girls in reception no matter what we had to say they would not believe us against their own security staff so we stood no chance of enjoying the rest of our holiday. I have put in a complaint and i am following it up with a letter. We usually holiday abroad and because of how our rota fell at work we had 6 days off so we deceided to go camping, all this really has put me off even having a break in my own country. Anybody reading this from haven please feel free to contact me, as this event was absolutely disguisting, we was treated with total disrespect and arrogance from most of your staff. We have holidayed with haven in the past when the children was young and had enjoyable stays, just what has gone wrong. That was our hard earned money we wasted with you!!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Cleanliness
11 Thank shortie2502
Reighton Sands H, Manager at Reighton Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
I am glad you enjoyed our views, from the tent field they really are spectacular.

I know your review was some time ago but if you would like to contact us further please email us at reightontripadvisor@haven.com

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
West Yorkshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2010

Our stay was May bank holiday weekend for 3 nights.

Negatives
Cleanliness of caravan
Cleanliness of pool and pool areas

Positives
All other areas used (we didn’t use the entertainment / restaurant)
Views over to Filey

Our caravan was a two year old owner’s exclusive newer model on the High Elms. The view was breathtaking but agrees with other holiday makers that the caravans on this site are far too close together.

On arrival at the park our caravan was ready ahead of schedule which impressed us however if they had have cleaned it properly we would have been happier if it was on schedule!

In the caravan

1. Smell of stale urine in the bathroom even though the window had been left open. (When we found the mop in the cupboard we discovered there was no sponge head. How had the floors in the bathroom and living area been cleaned? We had to clean these ourselves on our hands and knees.

2. The crockery hadn’t been washed properly but I couldn’t wash these up until I had washed the washing up bowl.

3. Hair ball on sofa in clear view

4. Ladies manicured fingernail on mattress.

5. Dust / fluff and other human hair in bedroom cupboard shelves.

6. Sticky handles and light switches everywhere.

7. General dust on shelves.

8. Food residue on and in fridge.

Generally in the caravan there had been a lack of attention to detail. We are aware that the park has several hundreds of families arriving every week and that you are on a tight schedule. I used to work in the travel industry so am open minded but in addition a family member used to clean caravans at a local park. I am fully aware of the tight deadlines but am more shocked that TWO persons were responsible for cleaning this caravan and the fact it had been signed off by a senior member of staff.

Outside the caravan

The park itself and all areas apart from the swimming pool were spotless however when we arrived at our caravan we were met by dozens of cigarette butts.

The Swimming Pool

Whilst appreciated that pool area is old and needs completely refurbishing. The standards of care were appalling.

• There was no separation between changing rooms and poolside so dirt was constantly being walked into the pool area.
• I was disgusted by the colour of the tiles in the pool especially the start of the season. This is a human body fat particle built up over a long period of time. Slimy pool floor.
• Chemical balance in the pool was incorrect as it was cloudy and too much chlorine.
• Grubby pool toilets

We would however like to point out that all other areas were as good as Berwick and Lakeland. The newly landscaped areas of the park also impressed us.

We were offered some compensation but didn’t feel it adequate enough and as Haven hasn’t responded to our response it’s about time our review was on here!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Lindsaybs
Thank you for taking time to review our park.

Since the 2010 season we have invested heavily in the park infastructure and swimming pool areas. Our cleaning systems have also seen some major improvements to ensure our guests get a 5 star experience.

I am pleased you enjoyed the fantastic views from the park, it would be great if you could come back and see our improvements since your last visit.

Jon Cussins
Holiday Experience Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Filey
White Lodge Hotel
#4 of 28 in Scarborough
Premier Inn Scarborough Hotel
Crows Nest Caravan Park
The Royal Oak Near Filey

Been to Reighton Sands Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!